Most advanced Mobile OS my....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are we done yet?

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Most advanced Mobile OS my a$$

If someone goes looking for support, monolithic rant, or not, how would you describe being told to buy a different device?

The 'other data' is annoying on my Z10, and if a different device had a better filing system, that would be more attractive to me than the idiotic :p fingerprint scanner, 'wireless' charging, 24MP selfie-cam. Who is not annoyed by useless data in their storage? That is a rhetorical question.

I didn't say a different as in something other than the iPhone. I meant one with more storage since from what the OP said, the 16 GB version doesn't suit their needs. It was just a suggestion. They don't need to follow it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Why not get a device that has more storage? You can't really blame Apple if you purchased a device that doesn't fit your needs.

It isn't really his fault the cache building up. That is one plus about android, you can manually clean out the cache without any real effort. Apple should work to implement something like this, or if nothing else some way that the OS handles it better on its own.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

First of all, there is no call for this blatant disrespect. That was highly uncalled for.

Second, iOS is far from the most "Advanced" OS. It's actually on the lower end of that scale. It's recent update was mostly borrowing features from other operating systems and a fingerprint scanner for good measures. Apple has gotten complacent in their spot in the mobile industry and can hold that way for some time because people will buy for the brand. Technically speaking, in terms of advancement, Android wins simply because it offers the most options and features. That said, I wouldn't use a laggy unstable mess like Android so I mostly stick with the middle ground at Windows Phone.

I didn't care to go into that spiel but I wanted to both ask you to stop being rude and stay on topic at the same time.

Yes but apple claimed it was. Taken right from the apple site https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...mUvbUpU2258907%26subId2%3Dvbim&token=yRAnnuTa

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Similar thing happened to me. Yesterday, about 6gb of availability, streamed a movie from iCloud, went under 1gb. How do you manually clear it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Between an iPhone 4 with 8GB of memory to an iPhone 5 with 64GB of storage, and an iPad Mini with 16GB of storage (which I used to stream all of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, as well as many episodes of Pokemon and X-Men on Netflix), I have never encountered this issue. I do religiously keep track of my storage as well. At over 20GB left available on my iPhone 5 I feel like I have less than 1GB available. The only time I've seen space radically deteriorate as you describe was when I was jailbroken. I would recommend looking into the apps you have installed, and permissions you have granted, perhaps any combination of that is the cause of the storage

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of the mac app phoneclean, it cleans out all the clutter and useless data on my phone like caches and things like that. it's very useful. i try and use it at least twice a month.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to say that I don't mind the occasional mild insult ! But what I do DO mind is, re- posting most of a longish article just to cap it with a short, pointless rebuke, this seems to be just plain lazy. why do we have to scroll past the same post over and over again, because the poster can't be bothered to put some words of their own together ?
This of course does not only refer to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods