What apps were you lacking if you don't mind my asking?.
    Not so much lack if apps, but rather support for the apps being updated. For example , spotify received its first update on windows phone in about 6 months the other week. And there's others I'm sure that are just as bad, if not worse .

Also, unless I switch over to all MS services , the lack of google support does hurt.
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-23-2014 12:20 AM
    Not so much lack if apps, but rather support for the apps being updated. For example , spotify received its first update on windows phone in about 6 months the other week. And there's others I'm sure that are just as bad, if not worse .

Also, unless I switch over to all MS services , the lack of google support does hurt.
    I second this. Spotify doesn't even allow users to add favorites on their Windows Phone app yet...which is pretty much a bummer for those used to comprehensive support and feature sets on iOS...
    05-23-2014 12:39 AM
    I second this. Spotify doesn't even allow users to add favorites on their Windows Phone app yet...which is pretty much a bummer for those used to comprehensive support and feature sets on iOS...
    Yeah, that's my big issue. Hopefully it'll get fixed.

And honestly, I'm not really opposed to using MS services over googles because I like what services MS has.
    05-23-2014 12:46 AM
    Yeah, that's my big issue. Hopefully it'll get fixed.

And honestly, I'm not really opposed to using MS services over googles because I like what services MS has.
    Yeah, I even liked Local Scout more than some other services Google has, but truth be told, Google kinda wants people to be on Android to use those things...
    05-23-2014 12:52 AM
    Yeah, I even liked Local Scout more than some other services Google has, but truth be told, Google kinda wants people to be on Android to use those things...
    To use what? Just the services in general? I don't know if MS is more flexible as far as that goes. Apps seem fine on my iOS devices.
    05-23-2014 12:57 AM
    8.1 is well put together and is very nice. I wouldn't mind picking up a Lumia to play with it. My friends had been excited about 8.1 for months, had the beta then full release, they love it!
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-23-2014 03:42 AM
    Can I just say that I appreciate you guys? I asked a similar question in Android's forums and was met with attacks regarding marketshare. Then when they asked why I didn't like Android, I said the UI and the lag/inconsistencies. The reply was pretty much, "You can customize it to look like anything you want and there is no lag!" People give iPhone users a lot of hate in calling them sheep and elitists but I feel that there has been a paradigm shift in that regard. You guys are alright
    05-23-2014 07:20 PM
    To use what? Just the services in general? I don't know if MS is more flexible as far as that goes. Apps seem fine on my iOS devices.
    You know, stuff that fuels their ad revenue...the usual way Google earns from Android...

And yes, Microsoft is no more as giving as Google in terms of allowing their services on phones other than Windows Phone but I would rather use Microsoft's services over Google any day, just because I kinda don't want Google to get the whole slice of the pie in terms of services which they obviously want.
    Last edited by Speedygi; 05-23-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    05-23-2014 10:45 PM
    Is that true though? I'd imagine app developers care more about market share and user base numbers rather than how good the OS is.
    That is true, but if an OS is good it will at least get more users on Windows Phone, and that increases market share, although things might not happen automatically overnight.
    05-23-2014 10:53 PM
    That is true, but if an OS is good it will at least get more users on Windows Phone, and that increases market share, although things might not happen automatically overnight.
    Yeah, of course not. It's kinda a snowball effect I guess.
    05-24-2014 10:30 PM
    Can I just say that I appreciate you guys? I asked a similar question in Android's forums and was met with attacks regarding marketshare. Then when they asked why I didn't like Android, I said the UI and the lag/inconsistencies. The reply was pretty much, "You can customize it to look like anything you want and there is no lag!" People give iPhone users a lot of hate in calling them sheep and elitists but I feel that there has been a paradigm shift in that regard. You guys are alright
    The thing is; all three of these OS's are pretty great now. But for different reasons. I think you might be getting responses like that because, maybe , that individual (or individuals) are having doubts or frustrations about their platform personally, so they feel the need to defend it knee jerkingly.

But maybe I'm wrong. But I just don't see why you would feel the need to blast or tear down what others do or use if you were ok with what your using. Kind of like the bully who picks on others because he so sent feel good about him or herself.
    05-24-2014 10:34 PM
    In other words, I think a lot of users here are happy with their OS choice , so there open to some criticism or the idea it might not be for everyone.

(My response above May have been better suited describing trolls)
    05-24-2014 10:35 PM
    In other words, I think a lot of users here are happy with their OS choice , so there open to some criticism or the idea it might not be for everyone.

(My response above May have been better suited describing trolls)
    I agree. Honestly, I might use an iPhone for a second device but I couldn't use the keyboard and have grown accustomed to my 6 inch screen.
    05-24-2014 10:39 PM
38 12