disclaimer: This is a rant thread, you've been warned.

Multiple times I've seen threads in the Ask a Question section that describe an issue with a setting turned on incorrectly (based on the description). Far too often, I've seen the advice given of "do a hard reboot, if that doesn't fix it then do a wipe and restore", when the ACTUAL answer based on the OP's description was usually something as simple of making sure the silent switch isn't toggled on, or checking if Do not Disturb is turned on.

If you don't actually know the answer to someone's question, it is probably more beneficial to simply not answer a question you're unsure about (allowing more room for people who do know the answer) than to throw out generic solutions that may or (likely) may not help them in a hope something sticks. It's not helpful.

Seriously, advising to do a factory reset/restore for (likely) a mute switch toggled? Come on now... That's like telling someone to reformat their hard drive to troubleshoot no sound coming from a computer when they accidentally turned their sound off.
    Tartarus and Jaguarr40 like this.
    05-09-2014 01:55 PM
    Sounds like you should do a hard reset and if that doesn't work you should wipe it to factory settings.
    05-09-2014 02:01 PM
    Sounds like you should do a hard reset and if that doesn't work you should wipe it to factory settings.
    ROFL! Win response.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-09-2014 02:49 PM
    May be a rant or more what I would call on just how you feel and there is nothing wrong with it. You are entitled to say what you want being a member and hopefully most will take you serious and listen to your point which is valid. Thank you.
    05-13-2014 11:27 AM
    05-13-2014 01:25 PM