I just read this on the news and I wanted to share it with you and wanted your input on it.

Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion | iMore
    Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion via @iMore

Personally if Apple wants to do it and ship out headphones with their iPhones, I wouldn't complain. Thing is, I think beats are overrated. That is just my opinion on the matter. It may seem like a good business idea only if it's not a gimmick.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.
    05-09-2014 02:57 AM
    Why would they need to?
    05-09-2014 04:09 AM
    My point exactly too. But if it's anything to do with upgrading their sound quality of their EarPods then I think that's okay. Then again beats are overloaded with bass and not really sound quality.

Sigh I don't know but it's the most confusing news I've heard all day.

05-09-2014 04:16 AM
    I don't have a need for them, but there is a market for them. But I'm also not the one that has 3.2 Billion to spend.
    nason54 likes this.
    05-09-2014 04:34 AM
    I don't have a need for them, but there is a market for them. But I'm also not the one that has 3.2 Billion to spend.
    Nice change of profile picture, bro...

I share the same sentiment though I live in a country where Beats is unavailable.
    taz323 likes this.
    05-09-2014 05:27 AM
    Nice change of profile picture, bro...

I share the same sentiment though I live in a country where Beats is unavailable.
    Thank you, if they do buy them out. You never know, you might now.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-09-2014 05:49 AM
    Wonder what they plan on doing.

05-09-2014 07:58 AM
    It may have more to do with the music streaming service.
    taz323 likes this.
    05-09-2014 08:49 AM
    I just read this on the news and I wanted to share it with you and wanted your input on it.

Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion | iMore
    Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion via @iMore

Personally if Apple wants to do it and ship out headphones with their iPhones, I wouldn't complain. Thing is, I think beats are overrated. That is just my opinion on the matter. It may seem like a good business idea only if it's not a gimmick.

Ship beats headphones with their phones? I would say they would sell them but I highly doubt they'd just ship them by default with the phone .

I haven't tried beats personally to say if they are overrated. I've only had a pair of bose that are pretty awesome.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-09-2014 11:05 AM
    It may have more to do with the music streaming service.
    That's what I'm thinking too

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    05-09-2014 11:44 AM
    New news!

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/05/09/...to-join-apple/

Supposedly it has something to do with the iTunes. None is much said about the hardware side.

Can you imagine Dr. Dre and jimmy lovine to join senior roles at Apple?

05-10-2014 01:19 AM
    Beats is a big brand and was highly profitable for Dr. Dre and Jimmy. I think Apple bought it to integrate it with future phones and also to build on beats music. It would be pretty nice if the new devices like iPad, MacBooks, and iPhones all come integrated with beats audio and a free 3 month trial to beats music.
    BB_Junky likes this.
    05-10-2014 06:51 PM
    Beats is a big brand and was highly profitable for Dr. Dre and Jimmy. I think Apple bought it to integrate it with future phones and also to build on beats music. It would be pretty nice if the new devices like iPad, MacBooks, and iPhones all come integrated with beats audio and a free 3 month trial to beats music.
    Hopefully not all of them.

05-11-2014 05:41 AM
    My biggest concern is that Apple may be losing a bit of focus much like after the departure of Steve in the 80's. This seems like a horrible acquisition; Apple has the cash and capability to make "beats" quality headphones and not spend $3.2 Billion to do it. I would much rather see Apple buy Yahoo! which would give them an edge in search and more control over the end-to-end experience on iOS since Apple already incorporates much of Yahoo!'s data in Weather, Stocks, Siri, etc. Plus, a Yahoo! acquisition would be a direct shot at Google and may give Apple some much needed services support.
    05-11-2014 11:49 AM
    My biggest concern is that Apple may be losing a bit of focus much like after the departure of Steve in the 80's. This seems like a horrible acquisition; Apple has the cash and capability to make "beats" quality headphones and not spend $3.2 Billion to do it. I would much rather see Apple buy Yahoo! which would give them an edge in search and more control over the end-to-end experience on iOS since Apple already incorporates much of Yahoo!'s data in Weather, Stocks, Siri, etc. Plus, a Yahoo! acquisition would be a direct shot at Google and may give Apple some much needed services support.
    I don't know that a purchase of yahoo could've cleared the necessary hurdles
    05-11-2014 01:52 PM
    About time Apple spent some money...!!
    05-11-2014 02:52 PM
    About time Apple spent some money...!!
    Mmm I don't know if it's a smart move but you know, I'm not the one spending that much money.

05-11-2014 03:21 PM
    I believe this is more to do with the streaming service. The hardware is just financial gravy I think. Rather than build a entirely new infrastructure, they now have a pretty solid one already built in beats music that they can off of. And regardless of what the audio quality is of the headphones, they sell extremely well . So that's gravy for apple.

Also, this isn't even confirmed, right?
    05-12-2014 09:53 AM
    I believe this is more to do with the streaming service. The hardware is just financial gravy I think. Rather than build a entirely new infrastructure, they now have a pretty solid one already built in beats music that they can off of. And regardless of what the audio quality is of the headphones, they sell extremely well . So that's gravy for apple.

Also, this isn't even confirmed, right?
    Seems to me that they are in the final stages of acquisition. Apple plans on keeping the beats brand but want to revamp their iTunes. Nothing has been confirmed on the plan but the acquisition is for sure.

05-13-2014 03:41 AM
    Another notch in Apple's already big belt. Stock at a record high finishing strong yesterday.
    05-13-2014 11:17 AM
    Ship beats headphones with their phones? I would say they would sell them but I highly doubt they'd just ship them by default with the phone .

I haven't tried beats personally to say if they are overrated. I've only had a pair of bose that are pretty awesome.

The headphones are used by just about every athlete and actor or musician with money that lives anywhere. Every time you see them especially the athletes coming or going from the locker room they have their Beats headphones on - Wireless too.
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-13-2014 11:21 AM
    The headphones are used by just about every athlete and actor or musician with money that lives anywhere. Every time you see them especially the athletes coming or going from the locker room they have their Beats headphones on - Wireless too.
    Not sure what that has to do with what I said? They could be overrated still just because they are made by Dr. Dre. I believe Bose makes great ones to.. Just because a celebrity uses something doesn't justify it for me lol .

05-13-2014 03:46 PM
    My hope is they at least try to improve the sound quality of the headphones.
    05-13-2014 04:09 PM
    I think both apple and beats are very good products but don't think it's necessary but a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    05-13-2014 10:02 PM
    Apple is going to make trillions future iPhones comes with beats headphone I wonder why HTC let it go

Sent from my gold 5s using Tapatalk
    05-14-2014 11:10 AM
35 12