Apple acquires Beats?

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I just read this on the news and I wanted to share it with you and wanted your input on it.

Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion | iMore
Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion via @iMore

Personally if Apple wants to do it and ship out headphones with their iPhones, I wouldn't complain. Thing is, I think beats are overrated. That is just my opinion on the matter. It may seem like a good business idea only if it's not a gimmick.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My point exactly too. But if it's anything to do with upgrading their sound quality of their EarPods then I think that's okay. Then again beats are overloaded with bass and not really sound quality.

Sigh I don't know but it's the most confusing news I've heard all day.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a need for them, but there is a market for them. But I'm also not the one that has 3.2 Billion to spend.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a need for them, but there is a market for them. But I'm also not the one that has 3.2 Billion to spend.

Nice change of profile picture, bro...

I share the same sentiment though I live in a country where Beats is unavailable.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just read this on the news and I wanted to share it with you and wanted your input on it.

Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion | iMore
Apple to reportedly acquire Beats for $3.2 billion via @iMore

Personally if Apple wants to do it and ship out headphones with their iPhones, I wouldn't complain. Thing is, I think beats are overrated. That is just my opinion on the matter. It may seem like a good business idea only if it's not a gimmick.

Ship beats headphones with their phones? I would say they would sell them but I highly doubt they'd just ship them by default with the phone :).

I haven't tried beats personally to say if they are overrated. I've only had a pair of bose that are pretty awesome.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Beats is a big brand and was highly profitable for Dr. Dre and Jimmy. I think Apple bought it to integrate it with future phones and also to build on beats music. It would be pretty nice if the new devices like iPad, MacBooks, and iPhones all come integrated with beats audio and a free 3 month trial to beats music.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Beats is a big brand and was highly profitable for Dr. Dre and Jimmy. I think Apple bought it to integrate it with future phones and also to build on beats music. It would be pretty nice if the new devices like iPad, MacBooks, and iPhones all come integrated with beats audio and a free 3 month trial to beats music.

Hopefully not all of them.

jexner325

May 21, 2009
Visit site
My biggest concern is that Apple may be losing a bit of focus much like after the departure of Steve in the 80's. This seems like a horrible acquisition; Apple has the cash and capability to make "beats" quality headphones and not spend $3.2 Billion to do it. I would much rather see Apple buy Yahoo! which would give them an edge in search and more control over the end-to-end experience on iOS since Apple already incorporates much of Yahoo!'s data in Weather, Stocks, Siri, etc. Plus, a Yahoo! acquisition would be a direct shot at Google and may give Apple some much needed services support.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My biggest concern is that Apple may be losing a bit of focus much like after the departure of Steve in the 80's. This seems like a horrible acquisition; Apple has the cash and capability to make "beats" quality headphones and not spend $3.2 Billion to do it. I would much rather see Apple buy Yahoo! which would give them an edge in search and more control over the end-to-end experience on iOS since Apple already incorporates much of Yahoo!'s data in Weather, Stocks, Siri, etc. Plus, a Yahoo! acquisition would be a direct shot at Google and may give Apple some much needed services support.

I don't know that a purchase of yahoo could've cleared the necessary hurdles

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe this is more to do with the streaming service. The hardware is just financial gravy I think. Rather than build a entirely new infrastructure, they now have a pretty solid one already built in beats music that they can off of. And regardless of what the audio quality is of the headphones, they sell extremely well . So that's gravy for apple.

Also, this isn't even confirmed, right?

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I believe this is more to do with the streaming service. The hardware is just financial gravy I think. Rather than build a entirely new infrastructure, they now have a pretty solid one already built in beats music that they can off of. And regardless of what the audio quality is of the headphones, they sell extremely well . So that's gravy for apple.

Also, this isn't even confirmed, right?

Seems to me that they are in the final stages of acquisition. Apple plans on keeping the beats brand but want to revamp their iTunes. Nothing has been confirmed on the plan but the acquisition is for sure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner