Passbook: how many people use it?

UrSongSucks

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I currently use it for starbucks, target, and walgreens around once a month. I used it on my flight back from vacation as well and each time; its worked smoothly. For someone who mishandles their keys enough to lose every loyalty card and uses the 12South bookbook case which barely holds cards; this app is awesome. Just wish more companies used it

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I use it a fair amount and definitely see the usefulness in it. Specifically, I use it for Delta Airlines boarding passes and mediallion member status card, my AAA card, my Starwoods member card, my Dillons grocery start card.

Granted, all of this info is available in their various apps, but passbook gives me a one stop access point for all of them vs. having to hunt for them in each individual apps. Also 4 less physical cards having to take up physical space in my wallet.

For those who don't use its features, I'd agree it's useless. However some of us have gotten good use out of it (this is to head off "I don't use it, therefore Apple should get rid of it" nonsense).

Brian Kempton

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Definitely. I didn't use it at all for the first couple years, didn't really know what it did, I guess. I use it now mostly for Starbucks (it pops up automatically to pay when I'm there), also linked to BillGuard so I can check my bank accounts, loaded concert tickets on it, AAA, a bunch of stuff.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have seen other posts about this but just wanted something simpler to reference to. How many of you guys use the Passbook app? More specifically, who keeps the location services on with passbook to get the full use out of it?
For me, I use it for my Frys food V.I.P. Card and it's nice that it automatically pops up on my lock screen when I arrive at the local Frys by my house. Only concern I have...does it use up too much battery? not sure but it's nice to use.
I still use the Passbook app, but primarily for Walgreen's and Starbucks....:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I now use passbook for Tim Horton's, it works really well.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't really understand what the purpose of the app and I've never used it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

It can store gift cards, tickets, coupons etc. in one app as long as the other apps support it.
For example my Tim's card:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403440784.961756.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

wrldwzrd89

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I've used Passbook exactly ONCE, for an airline boarding pass. Worked like a charm. Haven't had a need for it since then, but it's a great feature.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use it when it's needed. I might have movie tickets, plane tickets, concert tickets, event tickets that I use it for. Other than that I use it at Starbucks and Kroger (grocery store).

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I most recently used it at Target and at my movie theatre to see: "A Million Ways to Die in the West". I will find other places to use it.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Never used it. Wish I could delete it along with Newstand.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The only time I tried passbook was when it was first introduced into iOS. I set up Walgreens (? I think) but at the time did not care for how it functioned....and my battery took a bit of a hit as well. So it has been stuffed away in a folder for all this time....

Fast forward to Tuesday of this week. I saw this thread and it intrigued me to give it a shot again using my Dunkin Donuts app. So far it's ok I guess...it does save me from unlocking my ph & navigating to the dd's app to pay because I set it up to pop up on the lock screen when I'm at my chosen fav store for dd's. My battery took a slight hit but I haven't noticed anything crazy which would make me disable at this time.

I'll leave it be for now and see how often I really use, and then decide if I'm going to keep it enabled or not. Who knows, I may find another app or two that I have to link to it and get more benefit from it :)

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious iPad Air🎀

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods