Why all the hard feelings?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The only animosity I see towards any other brand of phone is on the CB forums. Even mention that you're not carrying a BB device and you're all but burned at the stake for being a traitor to mankind. Here on iMore, when someone says they've got a BB or an Android, the rest of the posters simply don't care and we'll still offer advice if we've got it.

I've had a BB. I've had a Captain Kirk flip phone. I've got an iPhone. I've got better things to do in my life than worry about what phone the person next to me in the elevator is using or trying to get them to switch to an iPhone because it's better than their BB or Android.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Batman for sure. I'm a DC guy! Although Marvel is crushing DC on the big screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey listen, I'm a fan of Batman but Spiderman would whoop his ****!

On a side note...The Amazing Spiderman 2 movie looks like it's gonna be amazing!(crosses fingers)

edit: apparently "but" with 2 t's is a bad word LOL

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The fact of the matter is...most people don't give a sh*t what kind of phone you use. The reason it seems that people DO care is because you tend to notice the moronic activities of individuals who would act in this manner because they stand out like a sore thumb amongst the vast majority of people who probably care more about the leaves on a random tree than the smart phone you're using personally.

I think if you actually sat down and took a census of 100 people to see which ones actually really cared what kind of smart phone other people use (especially to the extent of what you described in the original post), you'd find the number to be incredibly low.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's funny because many people who bash the other companies have never even tried their products. I feel that many people like to talk down on certain products or companies when that product or company is very popular in society...they feel that if they go with the other product or company, then they will be different and unique. It's the same with music...I know people who hate anything mainstream and won't give anything new a chance. While I mostly agree with them (because let's face it...music has gone downhill!! Gone are the days of the legendary artists like Zeppelin or even Pearl Jam), I will still give something new a chance (or try at least).

Personally, I will give my opnions when asked. I have used Blackberries (older), Windows phones (pre-8), Androids (s4 was the latest), and have always loved the iphone (everytime I left, I came running back). I won't talk down to someone...but I will give them my opinion, or review, when asked. I will make sure to specify that I haven't tried them recently.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The people who get into these arguments (about which phone or companies are in the lead) most likely just got caught up in all the usual media conditioning that the mobile tech world is based around how competitive it is. Smartphones have been trailing a blaze ever since the first iPhone came out, and the fanfare, deal and hype all basically got created by Steve Jobs alone with his hyped up presentations. Steve Jobs has basically made this a big deal in the media, which is why, prior to that, we never had as extensive an internet-wide media coverage for tech like we have today.

It is easy for people to get caught up in that, and very soon they are comparing phones and which is better (even if they don't really care one bit what the other people outside the discussion is using). Please note that some DO care a great deal, especially among closed ones, friends and relatives. People have just been conditioned this way to get into the discussion.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is obvious by just reading each and every post from the one the OP started until the last one written by Speedygi and it is very apparant that there are a good many people in this thread that have different opinions on the subject of not just Smartphones but tech in general as well as the manufactures of these devices.
In my opinion and why i even jumped in was after I read the post the last one from Speedygi because I felt it compelling as well as everyone else as well. The difference is that often not read and overlooked is our own Blog reporting and it gives me a chance to paste this article in that says a great deal on this topic which to me is what all of this boils down to and that is the bottom line so read it for yourself taking out what an individual thinks like what the OP was talking about at the beginning about his iPhone and that is not a negative statement so with that take a look at this and see how it changes your mind about anything or do you stand by your opinion - Lastly before I post it I don't see any right or wrong here, Just an example of a good post started with good opinionated answers.

Here we go:

Apple Q2 2014: Wow, were we wrong! | iMore

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Q1:51 million iPhones
Q2:43.7 million iPhones

Or 94.7 million iPhones sold for the 1h '14, where some manufactures such as blackberry struggle to even ship 5 million bb10 devices for the whole of 2013, let alone actually sell any to consumers.

Hell apple sold more iPhones for the first half of its fiscal'14 then blackberry had in subscribers at their peak(78 million blackberry users in 2012).

Same can be said for htc, lg, palm, sony, etc etc.

To answer the op's question: Success.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
^ But the CB people call us sheep for buying what works rather than finding something else. I buy what works and right now, my iPhone just works. In a year will it still work? I don't know. I know I'm happy with my iPhone and when I'm happy with something whether it's a phone, a pair of shoes or a car, I stick with it until I can't use it anymore.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
People defend their phone/OS of choice like it is their child. I haven't seen something that can make grown adults act like little children on a playground over whose phone is better or why what you choose stinks. It is nasty out there and only seems to get worse the more it goes on. It baffles me.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
A lot of Internet forums are positional, the nature of the beast. I think, however there is jealously toward apple products as they are expensive.

What I've come to realize is you get what you pay for with quality products, product support and long lived operating system upgrades.

You just have to be willing to work with the products the way apple wants you to, not the way you want.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Consumer bias. The threads about security issues, interface faults, recalls etc., are less popular because nobody wants to hear that a product they purchased is any less than perfect, because it hurts their self esteem.

This is only the fault of the person who gets upset, if anyone is to blame. If you show me your iPhone, and I say oh well I have a BlackBerry, it is your fault that your feelings were hurt. You should not expect some grovelling about how lovely your device is, grow up, and affirm yourself.

Or start a new thread about it. Not like there are any more serious issues under discussion today.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I agree with what Sean said in the fact that most people who do care normally troll forums and seem ridiculous in the fact that they do care. But it's like anything else ford vs Chevy vs dodge.... Xbox vs play station... The competition is good it keeps each company thriving to out do the other to win the majority of sales. You will never stop the VS of Apple and android, and I think that's good. Keeps Apple on their toes

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey listen, I'm a fan of Batman but Spiderman would whoop his ****!

On a side note...The Amazing Spiderman 2 movie looks like it's gonna be amazing!(crosses fingers)

edit: apparently "but" with 2 t's is a bad word LOL

There was a really cool Batman/Spider-man crossover a long time ago that was pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
^ But the CB people call us sheep for buying what works rather than finding something else. I buy what works and right now, my iPhone just works. In a year will it still work? I don't know. I know I'm happy with my iPhone and when I'm happy with something whether it's a phone, a pair of shoes or a car, I stick with it until I can't use it anymore.

You shouldn't put too much stock in pre-central cb.
Use what makes you happy. :)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
From any end you'll have the type of blind loyalty that'll get labeled "Sheep".

I think everyone should try all that's available to them. Decide what works best. Then try to help others as best as they can.

I love my iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. Yet I don't like my WP. I still have it and won't bash it or the people who like it. 😁

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR