It is obvious by just reading each and every post from the one the OP started until the last one written by Speedygi and it is very apparant that there are a good many people in this thread that have different opinions on the subject of not just Smartphones but tech in general as well as the manufactures of these devices.
    In my opinion and why i even jumped in was after I read the post the last one from Speedygi because I felt it compelling as well as everyone else as well. The difference is that often not read and overlooked is our own Blog reporting and it gives me a chance to paste this article in that says a great deal on this topic which to me is what all of this boils down to and that is the bottom line so read it for yourself taking out what an individual thinks like what the OP was talking about at the beginning about his iPhone and that is not a negative statement so with that take a look at this and see how it changes your mind about anything or do you stand by your opinion - Lastly before I post it I don't see any right or wrong here, Just an example of a good post started with good opinionated answers.

Here we go:

Apple Q2 2014: Wow, were we wrong! | iMore
    taz323 and FFR like this.
    04-24-2014 07:54 PM
    Q1:51 million iPhones
    Q2:43.7 million iPhones

Or 94.7 million iPhones sold for the 1h '14, where some manufactures such as blackberry struggle to even ship 5 million bb10 devices for the whole of 2013, let alone actually sell any to consumers.

Hell apple sold more iPhones for the first half of its fiscal'14 then blackberry had in subscribers at their peak(78 million blackberry users in 2012).

Same can be said for htc, lg, palm, sony, etc etc.

To answer the op's question: Success.
    04-25-2014 12:59 PM
    ^ But the CB people call us sheep for buying what works rather than finding something else. I buy what works and right now, my iPhone just works. In a year will it still work? I don't know. I know I'm happy with my iPhone and when I'm happy with something whether it's a phone, a pair of shoes or a car, I stick with it until I can't use it anymore.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:02 PM
    People defend their phone/OS of choice like it is their child. I haven't seen something that can make grown adults act like little children on a playground over whose phone is better or why what you choose stinks. It is nasty out there and only seems to get worse the more it goes on. It baffles me.
    koerk and nikkisharif like this.
    04-25-2014 07:22 PM
    A lot of Internet forums are positional, the nature of the beast. I think, however there is jealously toward apple products as they are expensive.

What I've come to realize is you get what you pay for with quality products, product support and long lived operating system upgrades.

You just have to be willing to work with the products the way apple wants you to, not the way you want.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    04-25-2014 11:27 PM
    Consumer bias. The threads about security issues, interface faults, recalls etc., are less popular because nobody wants to hear that a product they purchased is any less than perfect, because it hurts their self esteem.

This is only the fault of the person who gets upset, if anyone is to blame. If you show me your iPhone, and I say oh well I have a BlackBerry, it is your fault that your feelings were hurt. You should not expect some grovelling about how lovely your device is, grow up, and affirm yourself.

Or start a new thread about it. Not like there are any more serious issues under discussion today.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-26-2014 10:41 AM
    Yeah I agree with what Sean said in the fact that most people who do care normally troll forums and seem ridiculous in the fact that they do care. But it's like anything else ford vs Chevy vs dodge.... Xbox vs play station... The competition is good it keeps each company thriving to out do the other to win the majority of sales. You will never stop the VS of Apple and android, and I think that's good. Keeps Apple on their toes

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    nikkisharif, Speedygi and jburke82 like this.
    04-26-2014 11:57 AM
    Hey listen, I'm a fan of Batman but Spiderman would whoop his ****!

On a side note...The Amazing Spiderman 2 movie looks like it's gonna be amazing!(crosses fingers)

edit: apparently "but" with 2 t's is a bad word LOL
    There was a really cool Batman/Spider-man crossover a long time ago that was pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-27-2014 01:08 AM
    ^ But the CB people call us sheep for buying what works rather than finding something else. I buy what works and right now, my iPhone just works. In a year will it still work? I don't know. I know I'm happy with my iPhone and when I'm happy with something whether it's a phone, a pair of shoes or a car, I stick with it until I can't use it anymore.
    You shouldn't put too much stock in pre-central cb.
    Use what makes you happy.
    04-29-2014 03:17 AM
    From any end you'll have the type of blind loyalty that'll get labeled "Sheep".

I think everyone should try all that's available to them. Decide what works best. Then try to help others as best as they can.

I love my iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry. Yet I don't like my WP. I still have it and won't bash it or the people who like it. 😁

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    04-29-2014 04:45 PM
    Funny I am not a lover of Samsung at all and I just won an s5 at the mall today
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-29-2014 04:57 PM
    Sell it 😄
    04-29-2014 05:37 PM
    Sell it 😄
    That's the plan lol
    04-29-2014 11:11 PM
    Nice, you can just sell it here in Mobile Nations, if you want haha.
    04-30-2014 06:12 AM
    Nice, you can just sell it here in Mobile Nations, if you want haha.
    I tried it out for a few days just for fun to see what all the hype was about. Like I figured not for me
    05-07-2014 01:14 AM
    grow up, and affirm yourself.
    I think this sums up the smartphone wars mindset in a nutshell.
    05-07-2014 12:26 PM
    People usually get in wars because they want to justify their purchase.. They have to convince themselves they made the best choice with their cash. It is annoying though since it's really just a matter of opinion.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-09-2014 11:08 AM
    thing about price is iPhones aren't more expensive. HTC ONE, Samsung NOTE & Galaxy, Z30, Lumia cost the same price if not more...yet, they are outraged about the iPhone price. Then they talk about widgets and how you can do so much more (i.e. what the sales person told them) and you look at their phone and its the default settings. It basically comes down to they bought a different phone that was supposed to be better than iPhone, so they need to let everyone know and get reassurance for their purchase.
    05-10-2014 07:18 AM
    thing about price is iPhones aren't more expensive. HTC ONE, Samsung NOTE & Galaxy, Z30, Lumia cost the same price if not more...yet, they are outraged about the iPhone price. Then they talk about widgets and how you can do so much more (i.e. what the sales person told them) and you look at their phone and its the default settings. It basically comes down to they bought a different phone that was supposed to be better than iPhone, so they need to let everyone know and get reassurance for their purchase.
    Depends on the person. I do love my widgets but I had iPhone before Android. Didn't have a problem with it.. Just like Android more.

Just like some who leave Android and like iPhone more .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    05-12-2014 03:47 PM
44 12