What made you switch to Apple?

MobiSystems Inc

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello, iOS Gravity!

That's an interesting comment on why you switched to Apple devices.
As a mobile applications developer, we have apps that serve various mobile platforms. Do you believe iOS apps are more feature-rich or functional than lets say those available for Android? Or is it the design/UI of the apps that you like better?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Been using both android and iOS for years now and really like them both. IPhone because it just works flawlessly and Android for its possibility to adaption. Mainly use Android in work and iPhone private mostly because of widgets on Android. As I said, like them both a lot and will keep using both os

You've described me.
The calendar widget in Android is more straight forward whereas the one in iOS is more personal/informal. Also the user replaceable battery was important to me.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My wife got the Iphone 6+ and I thought that maybe it could win me back. Nope! I went with the Blackberry Passport and must say, I'm pretty pleased. The 6 looks like great device but it's still an Iphone.

Thank God!!!!! Did you hear about all the partnerships BlackBerry is getting into in order to stay alive? It's in bed with Samsung now. A Samberry may be in the works. That way users won't have to pooch Android APKs anymore.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank God!!!!! Did you hear about all the partnerships BlackBerry is getting into in order to stay alive? It's in bed with Samsung now. A Samberry may be in the works. That way users won't have to pooch Android APKs anymore.

Haha I heard. That's why I gave up the passport and went with the Note 4. Been thinking of getting an iPhone 6 but I can't swap the SIM cards between an iPhone ans my Note. I guess I could get a Nano sim and a sim adaptor.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I went back to the iPhone because I got tired of wondering if my android phone was going to get the latest updates or not. And here wasn't a nexus or stock android phone that gave me the things iphone did (battery life,camera, performance). For computer I still use a PC. But I plan on possibly getting a MacBook soon.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
All people got iPod touchs so I checked them and they were cool and did everything I wanted. So I got one and used it next to my phone.

After some time I used my iPod touch for almost anything, just not for messaging and calling.

So I decided to get an iPhone... That was the iPhone 4 and since then I'm in the  Apple world and now with a iPhone 6+

I was tired of all the errors and compatibility issues with devices and all needed drivers of windows on my laptop. Then a friend recommend using a Mac, so I played with a Mac the whole day in a electronic market and after that I just got one

But to be honest Macs and the iOS devices and their software also have some drawbacks, sometimes I really think about that and ask myself if it was a good/right decision to switch to  apple (completely)... Then a friend tell me something about blue screen, compatibility issues, random errors and I'm happy (for the moment) that I did
If I could decide once again I may have not chosen apple and used windows devices, e.g. Surface Pro and a Lumia e.g. the Lumia 1520

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
All people got iPod touchs so I checked them and they were cool and did everything I wanted. So I got one and used it next to my phone.

After some time I used my iPod touch for almost anything, just not for messaging and calling.

So I decided to get an iPhone... That was the iPhone 4 and since then I'm in the  Apple world and now with a iPhone 6+

I was tired of all the errors and compatibility issues with devices and all needed drivers of windows on my laptop. Then a friend recommend using a Mac, so I played with a Mac the whole day in a electronic market and after that I just got one

But to be honest Macs and the iOS devices and their software also have some drawbacks, sometimes I really think about that and ask myself if it was a good/right decision to switch to  apple (completely)... Then a friend tell me something about blue screen, compatibility issues, random errors and I'm happy (for the moment) that I did
If I could decide once again I may have not chosen apple and used windows devices, e.g. Surface Pro and a Lumia e.g. the Lumia 1520

This is an interesting viewpoint. I'll be switching to a MacBook soon so I'll see how that goes.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Whaaaaaaat?!?! Wow. So glad I came back to Apple, because I had gone to Blackberry after Samsung dropped the ball on me.

Taroza

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I won't say I've "switched" to Apple, but rather I moved away from Google. And not for the reason you might think either, since it's clear that all major companies are monitoring their customers in some way, whether it's Google spying on you for ad space or Mircosoft spying on your cloud storage for bare nipples.

Google's products are very seldom any good. I'd say Youtube is their only really good product, everything else is just meh to me. So I got an iPad and a Lumia 635 instead so I wouldn't have to use Android again.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I switched June 2009 at the 3GS launch. I had a BlackBerry Bold 9000 at the time and I wanted a great touch screen. I bought a unlocked Storm, the iPhone killer, and it sucked dirty balls. I just wanted great app choice and a nice touch screen. Here we are almost 6 years later and I'm still a iPhone user.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'd say Youtube is their only really good product
That's because YouTube wasn't something they created, it was something they bought. Same can be said about Android but I guess not everything Google touches turns to gold; sometimes it turns to s***.

KatesMom

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. I've used the iPhone 3, 4 and 4S until I switched to Android for the bigger screens. Had the G3, Note 2 and now 3. Though I do like Android, the last weeks I just got fed up. Device always running slow, and what really annoys me is no update to lollipop. Should arrive, but is still not available for me so it seems and I don't want to stick with a device or OS that lets me wait so long. I still got an iPad 2 that gets all the updates. Immediately! So I ordered an iPhone 6, 64Gb in Gold. I think I'll live it, since it has a big enough screen and I like the looks of this device every time I see a friend of mine use it.

agmanuel

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was a all windows user ( phone and pc) but I have an iPad then I realize that my iPad will work better if I have a Mac, my pc was having problems so I decided to buy a macbook pro, and then I have an iPad and a Mac so my lumia 920 was very out of place so I move to an iPhone 6. I like a lot the apple ecosystem and the way my devices connect with each other, yes I miss things from my Windows phone (like the tiles) but I'm very happy to have move to Apple ( sorry for my English)

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Odd when considering what the fanbois say about Samsung.

You it's weird: I still miss the design of the BB. I loved the keyboard, and there were things that were typical of BB that I still miss.
But the apps fiasco was decisive in making me go back to Apple, and now if they're shacking up with Samsung, forget it.
Besides... Aww hell, I wub my iPhone, hehehe... ��

BB_Junky

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Got tired of the BB and what they are trying to do, my Note 4 was a beast but not what I needed in my everyday life. Traded off my 4 and m8 and am happy with my 6+

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
The iPad was a genius move on apple's part. Not only did they reignite the tablet market, but a lot of people that don't have an iPhone have an iPad. Sooner or later those people will most probably get an iPhone to see what it's all about since they've been so comfortable using iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the first iPhone and then went with blackberry because it could do things my iPhone couldn't (like copy and paste and quite a few other things). I used blackberry until the iPhone 4 came out. I got started using iPhone because my blackberry kept restarting itself and I couldn't go online and check my bank account from my blackberry, but could with the iPhone. Long story short, I now have been with Apple so long, I am entrenched in their ecosystem. Plus all of my stuff works together flawlessly, and if I have a question, I make an appointment and go to the Apple Store for answers.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the first iPhone and then went with blackberry because it could do things my iPhone couldn't (like copy and paste and quite a few other things). I used blackberry until the iPhone 4 came out. I got started using iPhone because my blackberry kept restarting itself and I couldn't go online and check my bank account from my blackberry, but could with the iPhone. Long story short, I now have been with Apple so long, I am entrenched in their ecosystem. Plus all of my stuff works together flawlessly, and if I have a question, I make an appointment and go to the Apple Store for answers.

Having suffered the amazing bricking capabilities of the 99xx series, the awesome dependability of the Z10's constant rebooting, and faithfulness of the Q10's double letter typing, I can totally relate with the reasons you left BlackBerry.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I got tired of spending more time keeping my computer, phone, etc., running properly than actually enjoying it. That is hyperbole, but you get the point.

Also, tweaking your electronics is fun when you're 20 and not working in a technological support role. It's not too much fun when you're almost 50 and spend all day fixing other people's issues.

When I'm out of the office, I just want my stuff to work, and Apple is the master at making products that just work. (I'm not saying they are perfect, no company is.) And since I've given my wife and kids iPhones, iPads, and Macs, my life is much more peaceful.

Now I have time for Yoga. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR