What made you switch to Apple?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Like others have said in this thread, I too switched to the iPhone 6 Plus because of the lack of updates on Android devices. The Android OEMs just don't care. It's like they are saying "We have your money now. There's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out."

It's also the fact that it seems that the Android OEMs are also saying this... "Silly user. You want software updates? Too bad. Here's a new shiny device that we're just going to forget exists in three months because we came out with a new one."

Apple stands by their users, you can't say that about the Android OEMs.

The iPhone 6 may not have the fastest processor or the most amount of RAM inside but for what's inside of it, it runs circles around any Android device that beats those specs. I guess there's something to be said for vertical integration.

therddler

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
It was lollipop. I'm was soooo tired of waiting for the next big thing in updates. If you didn't have a GPE or nexus you had to wait for the manufacturer then the carrier and by the time you got it a new one was announced. Fragmentation. Sure some would say root and use customs but hell with all the trouble and warranty voids I felt more paranoid than trying to shoplift a big screen for walmart out the garden center. I looked at what was available and have tried all the OSs out I thought why not give  some cash and have been smiling since. You can tell user experience is on the top things as well as money.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Like others have said in this thread, I too switched to the iPhone 6 Plus because of the lack of updates on Android devices. The Android OEMs just don't care. It's like they are saying "We have your money now. There's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out."

It's also the fact that it seems that the Android OEMs are also saying this... "Silly user. You want software updates? Too bad. Here's a new shiny device that we're just going to forget exists in three months because we came out with a new one."

Apple stands by their users, you can't say that about the Android OEMs.

The iPhone 6 may not have the fastest processor or the most amount of RAM inside but for what's inside of it, it runs circles around any Android device that beats those specs. I guess there's something to be said for vertical integration.

I disagree. In addition to my 6+ I have several other Samsung phones. The 6+ does not run circles around my Note 4, Note Edge, or Note 3. It does, however, offer better battery life and I prefer the camera on the 6+. That said, in terms of overall utility and flexibility the Notes win for me.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a Note 3, it lagged like hell straight out of the gate with nothing running from a fresh reboot; I hated it.

The iPhone may not be as customizable as Android is but at least all of the software works in harmony. I can ask Siri to do anything including make me timers, alarms, notes, reminders, etc. I can even ask her to make phone calls for me without even opening the phone app, she just does it.

The level of software integration blows Android out of the water in terms of just how well all of the pieces of the puzzle come together in one well-designed and completely integrated system in which everything just works. Android, because it's a fragmented mess of pieces and parts, the software integration just isn't there.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Been using both android and iOS for years now and really like them both. IPhone because it just works flawlessly and Android for its possibility to adaption. Mainly use Android in work and iPhone private mostly because of widgets on Android. As I said, like them both a lot and will keep using both os

kyoiskyo

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The bugs and limitations of a Blackberry. I cannot understand why anyone would buy a BB today. I still have to carry one for work but the light is near, my work is getting away with them by end of June.

kyoiskyo

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My wife got the Iphone 6+ and I thought that maybe it could win me back. Nope! I went with the Blackberry Passport and must say, I'm pretty pleased. The 6 looks like great device but it's still an Iphone.

and a BB is still rubbish...I laughed at those who say buy a BB to change and get a phone from a company that has never changed. Bored with a phone, what does that mean?

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone may not be as customizable as Android is but at least all of the software works in harmony. I can ask Siri to do anything including make me timers, alarms, notes, reminders, etc. I can even ask her to make phone calls for me without even opening the phone app, she just does it.
Fyi, android phones, at least Samsung Galaxy phones can do all that and then some for years now.

I almost switched to the Apple 6+ a few months ago cuz of the Apple Watch, but I couldn't wait until April, especially when Samsung's awesome Gear S smartwatch was already available. I am a sucker for big phones, so maybe I will consider Apple's next phone since finally they realized a lot of folks like bigger phones.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Another issue with Android phones is that they don't get timely updates. It takes months (if ever) to get software updates. At least Apple keeps their software on their devices up to date.

That's why I got an iPhone, to get timely updates. I know my device will be supported no matter what.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
To quote something that Tim Cook said. Android is a toxic hell stew of software vulnerabilities.

He's right, absolutely right.

I spent four years in the Android world and I rarely got software updates despite the fact that there known vulnerabilities in the Android software. Did the Samsung care? Nope. Did AT&T care? Nope. Millions of their users are vulnerable because they are running dangerously outdated software.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have 4 contemporary android phones and 1 iPhone. I don't have a problem with any of my android phones at all. They all work flawlessly and fast, just like my 6+. I know I'm a phone nut but there's a lot of fun to be had.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
To quote something that Tim Cook said. Android is a toxic hell stew of software vulnerabilities.

He's right, absolutely right.

I spent four years in the Android world and I rarely got software updates despite the fact that there known vulnerabilities in the Android software. Did the Samsung care? Nope. Did AT&T care? Nope. Millions of their users are vulnerable because they are running dangerously outdated software.
In what planet are you living in? I am fine that you said *you*, but you can't speak for "million of their users".

Last edited:

claygraffix

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I had the iPhone 1, then Android forever. Moved back to the iPhone 6 Plus because it ran my company's apps way better than my Nexus 6. I couldn't demo on those devices so I decided to switch back. I honestly prefer my Nexus, but very happy with the 6+. I get horrible service in my office building but with the 6+ can actually talk indoors. The antenna on this one works great.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I replied once already but I have been thinking about this. I was a die hard BlackBerry user for a few years before I made the switch to Android. I thought it was a great mobile OS, but I spent so much time trying to configure it to do what I wanted it to, and I still wasn't happy with it. When my Android phone got water damage I got an iPhone 4S and unlocked it for T-Mobile. It didn't take me long before I made the decision to get the 5, and I have been upgrading with every new device since then. It is a great OS, great hardware, and even more the company stands behind their products which is the best part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed Swiper

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The engineering of their technology. Features wise, sure the competitors may outdo them, but features are only useful if your phone works. My friends were going through phones like water but my iPhone always worked for me. Engineering > flashy features

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
My iPad brought me over. I had the iPod touch but I think seeing OS8 in action was huge .. It looked sleek and I liked the layout and standard they kept. It just works... Simple.

As much as I am or was a BBRY fan I really enjoy my iOS devices...It's a joy to use and I really am glad I switched over to iOS! MacBook Air is next....