What made you switch to Apple?

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Nobody asked or cares what your phone preference is here in this thread discussing switches to Apple products...or for your asinine little pot shot at the end there.

Wow really? Kind of like your remark about the Iphone breaking you free from the BB and Palm chains.

I happen to enjoy my other Apple products but whatever!~

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow really? Kind of like your remark about the Iphone breaking you free from the BB and Palm chains.

I happen to enjoy my other Apple products but whatever!~

I never said breaking me free of THE BB and Palm chains...I said breaking me free of MY chains.

It was my own distaste...I didn't call either of them chains for anyone else. I felt trapped in using products I didn't personally care for...that, in no way, insinuates that those devices aren't perfect for someone else, they just weren't working for me. My comment says this precisely.

Your comment, on the other hand, is a more generic and enveloping comment..."it's still an iPhone"

Why don't you elaborate what you meant by your comment so we can see your true colors that I called you out for?

nthknd

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? Is this even worth all this anger? Cmon its just a phone and not your first born. I think the word of the day is perspective.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Is this even worth all this anger? Cmon its just a phone and not your first born. I think the word of the day is perspective.

No one is forcing you into the debate...and what are words without some kind of passion behind them? I try not to waste time with empty comments. You said it yourself, it's all about perspective. Right here on this internet forum, the subject is smart phones, not toddlers, and discussions, even heated ones, will be from the perspective of such.

I don't value my iPhone over even the food my cat eats every day...but I'm not here to discuss feline kibble, I'm here to talk iPhones...angry, happy, loud, quiet or what have you.

nthknd

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
No one is forcing you into the debate...and what are words without some kind of passion behind them? I try not to waste time with empty comments. You said it yourself, it's all about perspective. Right here on this internet forum, the subject is smart phones, not toddlers, and discussions, even heated ones, will be from the perspective of such.

I don't value my iPhone over even the food my cat eats every day...but I'm not here to discuss feline kibble, I'm here to talk iPhones...angry, happy, loud, quiet or what have you.

Ok buddy whatever get you through your passionate night. Your passion can be taken as misplaced anger or even a little tempter tantrum. And you really weren't talking phones but rather jumping down someone throat. I was just surprised that it all went left so fast, and your right no one forced me to join the "debate" just like no one forced you to respond in such a angry rant but you did and so did I. With all that being said try a cup of sleepy time tea and relax a little before you give yourself a coronary.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This reminds me of people who become outraged at the consequences of people resisting arrest or reaching into cop cars disobeying the law. You find it okay to make your little potshots but when you're confronted about it, you get all touchy and outraged.

The OP asked a question about what made you switch to Apple and you went to the "it's still an iPhone." You didn't switch lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok buddy whatever get you through your passionate night. Your passion can be taken as misplaced anger or even a little tempter tantrum. And you really weren't talking phones but rather jumping down someone throat. I was just surprised that it all went left so fast, and your right no one forced me to join the "debate" just like no one forced you to respond in such a angry rant but you did and so did I. With all that being said try a cup of sleepy time tea and relax a little before you give yourself a coronary.

I appreciate your concern for my health...last physical looked pretty good so I think I'll skip the tea. As a southerner, I only drink my tea with ice and plenty of sugar.

As far as my comment...at least it was relevant to the community, unlike your own, which is some kind of weird high horse therapy session in relaxation. Frankly, I could care less if you view my passion as a full on mental meltdown. With so little invested in the community itself, you're like a fart in the wind.

nthknd

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
This is going no where fast, and if you mean investing as in being rude for the sake of being rude then your right, strange normally southerners are raised with better manners (generally speaking) and your remarks weren't relevant you were just venting like a frustrated kid. Anyways I believe your replies shows your character and I'm cool with that. Now it's your turn to reply, but (yawn) I'm over it.

Smply_Rcklss

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I switched to iPhone back when android introduced ice cream sandwich. It crashed my evo 3d constantly, to the point I almost threw it off a bridge. RadioShack offered me a trade in deal on the 5 so I snatched the opportunity in a heartbeat. I converted back to android when jellybean came out with the M7. I now have a addiction, i now own the M8, Note 4, macbook pro & a 6+. I'm on both platforms now. Reaping the benefits of em.

Dinadivas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I did switch to Apple, because I'm tired with App crashing all the time, and Sometime when i need to do lot of things with my Galaxy note the screen keep stuck on homescreen, i had Blackberry Bold 9000 before, and it was the best, until lot of interesting and nice application coming up and BBM goes globally to IOS and android, I miss the Simple and useful homescreen of apple.. that's why now i'm here with an iphone

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I didn't switch, per se... I actually went through a long and involved trial and error process to find the devices that work for me. I've had eMacs, iMacs, and Mac Minis, Linux boxes, and Windows boxes, and I've found that Windows 8 works best for me (for what it's worth, prior to Windows 8, OS X worked best for me). I've had an iPad Mini, a Nexus 7, and a Surface RT and found that the Surface RT works best for me (I don't think that iOS scales up to the tablet very well and I just don't like Android very much). I've had Windows Mobile, PalmOS, Android, Windows Phones, and iPhones and I've found that the iPhone just works best for me.

I can tell you some of the reasons that the iPhone works best for me: one, it just works. I've had hardware and software problems with every other phone platform I've tried, but I've never had a software issue with iOS, and the one or two hardware issues I've had have been rectified quickly at the Apple store. Two, it integrates with every service I use seamlessly: Office, Exchange, PhoneFactor (now Microsoft Azure Multi-Factor Authentication), Reddit, Feedly, Flickr, Lync, Skype, Cisco VPN, all the social networks, you name it. Three: OS updates. I cannot tell you how agonizing it is waiting for OS updates for Windows Phones and, even, the few Android devices I've had.

So yeah. There's that. :)

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I was using mostly a blackberry, I liked it; also I had an iPod touch. This was during the time of blackberry's restructuring, and most carriers did not offer much of a selection; so I got the iPhone instead. I needed to get things done and be efficient, I did not have anymore patience for blackberry but I was not satisfied with some android devices I bought before. So I just chose apple and have been sticking with them ever since, so I am very glad I did. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow this is an old thread that I somehow missed.
I started using iPhone way back in 2009 with the 3GS. I hated the BlackBerry browser and I wanted to try this new device. However, it was my secondary device and I stayed with BlackBerry as my main device.
When the 9930 left me stranded after it bricked in the middle of the day, I started to rely more and more on the iPhone. By the time BB10 came out, I was 50/50 in my usage of BlackBerry and iPhone.
It all changed in June of this year. Blackberry went to Android for apps and effectively forfeited the consumer market. That was it for me. I put my Q10 away, and I don't know if that will be the last BlackBerry I will ever buy.
I'm all in with my iPhone 6 and my iPad. I'm switching to a MacBook Pro for my next laptop.
I do use a Note 4 and a Lumia 1520 because I'm a geek. But my preferred platform is iOS. I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. iOS works for me, it's dependable, it's high quality, it's got excellent support.
Can't ask for more.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry changed to BlackDroid, and went retro also in bringing back physical keyboard phones. No way do I want to go down the Android route, so gave Apple a bite and liking it so far.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Never switched. My very first device was an iPod touch 2. Then an iPod touch 5. Now I have an iPhone 6 and MacBook Air and have convinced my parents to both get iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
WOW, this is an old thread that I missed somehow. LOL...My WIFE, one of the few things she was right about...LOL, but let her tell it she's right about everything...LOL. The GOLD 5s liquid commercial really caught my intrest, and the rest is history. I couldn't be more happy with my Apple products. "IT JUST WORKS" compared to other platforms I've had experience with.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't just a switch to Apple. It was a switch to a smartphone. I chose the iPhone because I heard it was more user friendly. And as ignorant as I was then, I needed "user friendly".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro