This reminds me of people who become outraged at the consequences of people resisting arrest or reaching into cop cars disobeying the law. You find it okay to make your little potshots but when you're confronted about it, you get all touchy and outraged.

The OP asked a question about what made you switch to Apple and you went to the "it's still an iPhone." You didn't switch lol
    12-10-2014 02:02 AM
    Ok buddy whatever get you through your passionate night. Your passion can be taken as misplaced anger or even a little tempter tantrum. And you really weren't talking phones but rather jumping down someone throat. I was just surprised that it all went left so fast, and your right no one forced me to join the "debate" just like no one forced you to respond in such a angry rant but you did and so did I. With all that being said try a cup of sleepy time tea and relax a little before you give yourself a coronary.
    I appreciate your concern for my health...last physical looked pretty good so I think I'll skip the tea. As a southerner, I only drink my tea with ice and plenty of sugar.

As far as my comment...at least it was relevant to the community, unlike your own, which is some kind of weird high horse therapy session in relaxation. Frankly, I could care less if you view my passion as a full on mental meltdown. With so little invested in the community itself, you're like a fart in the wind.
    12-10-2014 02:07 AM
    This is going no where fast, and if you mean investing as in being rude for the sake of being rude then your right, strange normally southerners are raised with better manners (generally speaking) and your remarks weren't relevant you were just venting like a frustrated kid. Anyways I believe your replies shows your character and I'm cool with that. Now it's your turn to reply, but (yawn) I'm over it.
    12-10-2014 02:16 AM
    I switched to iPhone back when android introduced ice cream sandwich. It crashed my evo 3d constantly, to the point I almost threw it off a bridge. RadioShack offered me a trade in deal on the 5 so I snatched the opportunity in a heartbeat. I converted back to android when jellybean came out with the M7. I now have a addiction, i now own the M8, Note 4, macbook pro & a 6+. I'm on both platforms now. Reaping the benefits of em.
    nthknd, codeda and phillynitro like this.
    12-10-2014 02:26 AM
    I did switch to Apple, because I'm tired with App crashing all the time, and Sometime when i need to do lot of things with my Galaxy note the screen keep stuck on homescreen, i had Blackberry Bold 9000 before, and it was the best, until lot of interesting and nice application coming up and BBM goes globally to IOS and android, I miss the Simple and useful homescreen of apple.. that's why now i'm here with an iphone
    12-10-2014 02:37 AM
    I had Samsung phones before Apples and i really got fed up with the bloatware they install
    LockOnTech and basurtoisaac like this.
    12-10-2014 01:53 PM
    I didn't switch, per se... I actually went through a long and involved trial and error process to find the devices that work for me. I've had eMacs, iMacs, and Mac Minis, Linux boxes, and Windows boxes, and I've found that Windows 8 works best for me (for what it's worth, prior to Windows 8, OS X worked best for me). I've had an iPad Mini, a Nexus 7, and a Surface RT and found that the Surface RT works best for me (I don't think that iOS scales up to the tablet very well and I just don't like Android very much). I've had Windows Mobile, PalmOS, Android, Windows Phones, and iPhones and I've found that the iPhone just works best for me.

I can tell you some of the reasons that the iPhone works best for me: one, it just works. I've had hardware and software problems with every other phone platform I've tried, but I've never had a software issue with iOS, and the one or two hardware issues I've had have been rectified quickly at the Apple store. Two, it integrates with every service I use seamlessly: Office, Exchange, PhoneFactor (now Microsoft Azure Multi-Factor Authentication), Reddit, Feedly, Flickr, Lync, Skype, Cisco VPN, all the social networks, you name it. Three: OS updates. I cannot tell you how agonizing it is waiting for OS updates for Windows Phones and, even, the few Android devices I've had.

So yeah. There's that.
    Wildo6882 and basurtoisaac like this.
    12-10-2014 02:13 PM
    I was using mostly a blackberry, I liked it; also I had an iPod touch. This was during the time of blackberry's restructuring, and most carriers did not offer much of a selection; so I got the iPhone instead. I needed to get things done and be efficient, I did not have anymore patience for blackberry but I was not satisfied with some android devices I bought before. So I just chose apple and have been sticking with them ever since, so I am very glad I did.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    12-10-2014 02:28 PM
    Well actually if you store all contacts and notes on your Live or Google account you can shuffle your handset any time you want.
    sting7k likes this.
    12-11-2014 10:23 AM
    Wow this is an old thread that I somehow missed.
    I started using iPhone way back in 2009 with the 3GS. I hated the BlackBerry browser and I wanted to try this new device. However, it was my secondary device and I stayed with BlackBerry as my main device.
    When the 9930 left me stranded after it bricked in the middle of the day, I started to rely more and more on the iPhone. By the time BB10 came out, I was 50/50 in my usage of BlackBerry and iPhone.
    It all changed in June of this year. Blackberry went to Android for apps and effectively forfeited the consumer market. That was it for me. I put my Q10 away, and I don't know if that will be the last BlackBerry I will ever buy.
    I'm all in with my iPhone 6 and my iPad. I'm switching to a MacBook Pro for my next laptop.
    I do use a Note 4 and a Lumia 1520 because I'm a geek. But my preferred platform is iOS. I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. iOS works for me, it's dependable, it's high quality, it's got excellent support.
    Can't ask for more.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    12-11-2014 10:59 AM
    Blackberry changed to BlackDroid, and went retro also in bringing back physical keyboard phones. No way do I want to go down the Android route, so gave Apple a bite and liking it so far.
    12-11-2014 11:32 AM
    Never switched. My very first device was an iPod touch 2. Then an iPod touch 5. Now I have an iPhone 6 and MacBook Air and have convinced my parents to both get iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    12-11-2014 12:06 PM
    WOW, this is an old thread that I missed somehow. LOL...My WIFE, one of the few things she was right about...LOL, but let her tell it she's right about everything...LOL. The GOLD 5s liquid commercial really caught my intrest, and the rest is history. I couldn't be more happy with my Apple products. "IT JUST WORKS" compared to other platforms I've had experience with.
    12-11-2014 01:02 PM
    I had Samsung phones before Apples and i really got fed up with the bloatware they install
    Samsung are not the only android devices....
    12-11-2014 01:05 PM
    It wasn't just a switch to Apple. It was a switch to a smartphone. I chose the iPhone because I heard it was more user friendly. And as ignorant as I was then, I needed "user friendly".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    12-11-2014 01:09 PM
    I wouldn't say I'm completely switched to Apple. I am using their hardware but few of their services.

My first Apple product was a third gen iPod in 2003. Everyone told me the iPod was horrible. I tried a bunch of MP3 players and hated them all. Got the iPod and loved it immediately. I had a couple more iPods over the years; all HDD models. That was also the year I graduated high school and for graduation I got my first Windows laptop.

Fast Forward to 2007. As soon as Steve Jobs held the iPhone up on stage I knew THAT was the device I had been dreaming of forever. I had been going through cell phones and various PDAs for YEARS every 2-3 months because I would grow to hate what ever device I was using or I saw something new I wanted to try. I was in line to buy the iPhone day one. In December of 2007 I bought my second Windows laptop.

Fast Forward some more to early 2012. I've been loving my iPhone but am getting a little bored of iOS and my iPhone 4. Don't really think Android is for me. I decide to use my AT&T upgrade to buy a Nokia Lumia 900. Didn't last very long with it...WP7 was a major step back IMO from iOS at the time. I ditched the Lumia and bought a Galaxy Nexus sometime in the late summer. I did like Android at first; it was new fresh and there was lots for me to play with. But then...I started to notice all the other things about Android. Small quirks and bugs all over. Inconsistent UI across the entire system; even Android itself wasn't consistent IMO. Apps were of noticeably lower quality. In January 2013 my GNexus was acting up at the mall one night and I got SUPER angry. I just happened to be at a mall with an Apple Store at the time and bough an unlocked iPhone 5 right there and then.

After I got the iPhone 5 I immediately felt like a weight had been lifted off my chest. I was no longer concerned with how boring iOS might be. All I wanted was to use a phone and not have to worry about it, ever.

I got a 2013 Moto X during the cyber Monday sale. It never became my daily driver really. Every time I would intent to spend extended time with it after 2-3 days I would start to get annoyed. It was a nice device...IMO hampered by Android's quirks. My iPhone 5 was just so reliable and trusty I just couldn't go without it. At some point over the summer there was a thread here on iMore people talking about big phones. I came to the realization that I did actually want the big screen of the Moto X but with iOS displayed on that big screen.

Obviously I now have the iPhone 6 (sold the Moto X). Not sure I will be able to part with my iPhone 5; keeping it for sure as back up. After I got the iPhone 6 I couldn't put it down. At home I was not even using my Windows laptop or desktop. They had become a burden to use with constant updates...flash player...java...and my laptop is showing its age and is really only good for browsing the web.

On black Friday I bought a MacBook Pro!!!! Loving it so far.
    12-11-2014 04:01 PM
    I got tired of dealing with constant bugs, bad functionality. Now I can't imaging myself using something else other than Apple.
    12-12-2014 04:39 PM
    For computers, I've been with Apple since 2009. That was when I was last due for an upgrade and made the switch to Apple. On the phone side, I was a BlackBerry fan because they made the best mobile phones. Then Apple and the iPhone came along and I switched. Haven't looked back.
    12-12-2014 04:53 PM
    I wasn't happy with the direction Windows was going and Linux lacks many programs so I just made the switch to a Mac (rMBP). So far I'm happy I did.
    Still using Android though (not completely sold on iOS yet).

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    12-13-2014 09:22 AM
    I've been playing musical chairs with mobile devices for years now. I got fed up with Android's unreliability, I got really bummed that Blackberry gave up on native apps, I figured it was time to get all my devices connected anyway. I'm having issues with continuity right now but otherwise it's been great.
    12-15-2014 02:11 AM
    I switched to Apple to develop on their iOS platform.

I have 3 iPad, an iPod and an iPhone of which none are being used other than for testing my apps on. It seems such as waste for one person to have.

The iPhone is my only phone and is never used other than for Two-factor authentication which are very rare cases. I don't make phone calls because I am hearing impaired.
    12-15-2014 09:26 AM
    Hmmm. I love its sleek design and performance.
    12-15-2014 09:32 AM
    I always wanted an iPhone but they were always too small. Now I got the 6+ and all is good lol.
    12-19-2014 04:32 AM
    I like the desing of Apple and I switched to develop games for iOS as well.
    12-19-2014 05:48 AM
    It looks really good compare to my old old old phone. lol
    12-20-2014 10:59 PM
124 1234 ...