Hi All,

Just wondered if any of you are previous die hard jail breakers that just don't bother anymore due to improvements in recent iOS updates?

I, like many eagerly await new iOS releases being jailbroken and always jailbreak ASAP. Now that 7.1 is out, and I consider updating and losing my jailbreak, I'm starting to realise that I don't really benefit much from jail breaking. To me, all the customising stuff is just a novelty and stock iOS provides all the productivity and shortcuts I need.

Anyone else thinking the same or am I missing some tweaks that'll change my life? Please note, I'm not, nor ever have been a supporter of stealing media or apps.

Maybe list the tweaks you jailbreak for? At the mo for me, bite SMS is the only one I continue to use but I can live without that

Sent from a deeply fragmented though process using Tapatalk
    04-20-2014 10:56 AM
    I hopped off the jailbreak train around iOS 6.1 to 6.2 and haven't looked back...
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    04-20-2014 11:13 AM
    7.1 is perfect and it can only get better from here. I don't think I will jailbreak anymore when the option is available.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    04-20-2014 11:19 AM
    I'm sure I only still do it out of habit, iOS 7.1 it is for me tonight then

04-20-2014 11:26 AM
    I stopped jailbreaking after 7.1 came out. The only thing I used was biteSMS.
    Paul Ellis1 and Wallace like this.
    04-20-2014 12:19 PM
    I stopped jailbreaking after 7.1 came out. The only thing I used was biteSMS.
    Like me then! Are you finding that you don't miss bite SMS too much now?

04-20-2014 12:23 PM
    Like me then! Are you finding that you don't miss bite SMS too much now?

It was just a convenience, not really a necessity for me. I can live without it.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 04-20-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    04-20-2014 12:24 PM
    With every iPhone I have my moments where I must be jailbroken but other times I don't want it at all.
    04-20-2014 12:35 PM
    Hi EmceeGeek, what is it you jailbreak for generally?

04-20-2014 12:50 PM
    Full disclosure I have never had a jailbroken iPhone. I just know that when a new jailbreak comes out I see a flood of activity in that forum describing all the issues that have been created. I love the stability of ios and see no reason to mess with that
    zerog46 and anon4757448 like this.
    04-20-2014 12:54 PM
    I haven't 100% gave up on jailbreaking but I'm starting not to need it anymore.
    I usually have sbsettings, forecast, & cyueue installed but I'm starting not to need those tweaks (I still like forecast but I don't need it). I did update my 5S to iOS 7.1 cause of stability but my iPod touch is still jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 and will always be.
    I think that the mess at the initial iOS 7 jailbreak release was the tipping point for people not wanting to jailbreak plus how much apple changed in iOS 7 made some tweaks to be useless or redone from scratch. No one had time to update apps or even update tweaks properly for iOS 7 when the jailbreak was released. I'm still surprised about how stable the jailbreak itself for iOS 7.0.X was but it was what Apple changed in iOS 7 that made tweaks unstable and not run proper.
    I will never give up on jailbreaking but there hasn't been any tweaks have have interested me to keep me jailbreaking recently. But if my iOS devices is not getting anymore software updated then I'll jailbreak it and leave it that way.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    04-20-2014 01:13 PM
    I haven't 100% gave up on jailbreaking but I'm starting not to need it anymore.
    I usually have sbsettings, forecast, & cyueue installed but I'm starting not to need those tweaks (I still like forecast but I don't need it). I did update my 5S to iOS 7.1 cause of stability but my iPod touch is still jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 and will always be.
    I think that the mess at the initial iOS 7 jailbreak release was the tipping point for people not wanting to jailbreak plus how much apple changed in iOS 7 made some tweaks to be useless or redone from scratch. No one had time to update apps or even update tweaks properly for iOS 7 when the jailbreak was released. I'm still surprised about how stable the jailbreak itself for iOS 7.0.X was but it was what Apple changed in iOS 7 that made tweaks unstable and not run proper.
    I will never give up on jailbreaking but there hasn't been any tweaks have have interested me to keep me jailbreaking recently. But if my iOS devices is not getting anymore software updated then I'll jailbreak it and leave it that way.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    That's what I did to my old iPhone 3GS.
    04-20-2014 01:23 PM
    Between BiteSMS and Activator, jailbreak makes the iPhone a more efficient tool for me
    04-20-2014 02:58 PM
    Between BiteSMS and Activator, jailbreak makes the iPhone a more efficient tool for me
    Hi rayz, do you feel these tweaks actually improve the efficiency of iOS then? I can't help that feel they're just shortcuts to already easily accessible features that, at a push, shave off one or two taps at a rate for 0.5-1 second per use

04-20-2014 05:41 PM
    Hi rayz, do you feel these tweaks actually improve the efficiency of iOS then? I can't help that feel they're just shortcuts to already easily accessible features that, at a push, shave off one or two taps at a rate for 0.5-1 second per use

I think they do because seconds add up. Also, it's often quicker to perform a gesture than tap a button when you're already interacting with something on the screen of your device.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    04-20-2014 05:43 PM
    I think they do because seconds add up. Also, it's often quicker to perform a gesture than tap a button when you're already interacting with something on the screen of your device.
    Yeah. biteSMS was the best.
    04-20-2014 05:46 PM
    Very true, what is an efficiency improvement ultimately if it isn't a quicker way of doing the same thing

04-20-2014 06:18 PM
    I jail broke my 4s for a while. Reset it after one of the updates and never did again. My 5 has been fine without it.

My only gripe is the 50mb download limit on things like podcasts. Why do we still have this? I can stream fine.

It's something that only seems to exist on iPhone. Remnants of the ATT exclusive days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-20-2014 06:34 PM
    I have never jail broken an iPhone. Never saw the need to do so!

Last edited by mumfoau; 04-21-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    04-20-2014 06:39 PM
    There's probably something that Apple left in to make carriers happy

I jail broke my 4s for a while. Reset it after one of the updates and never did again. My 5 has been fine without it.

My only gripe is the 50mb download limit on things like podcasts. Why do we still have this? I can stream fine.

It's something that only seems to exist on iPhone. Remnants of the ATT exclusive days?

04-21-2014 08:06 PM
    I still Jailbreak my iPads and iPhones.

My 5S is Jailbroken because I like to be able to block calls using iBlacklist. It stops the call from even connecting on the callers side so it sounds as if my number simply does not work.

I also like to block ads on all sites that I go to and most of the ads in apps are blocked as well. It gets annoying when an ad on an app or website redirects me to the app store. Adblocker prevents this.

Plus, with TetherMe, i can tether till the cows come home.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    04-22-2014 12:33 AM
    I forget about TetherMe. Luckily my network allow this for free but if they didn't, I can see this would be very valuable

04-22-2014 04:36 AM
    I've given up on jail breaking my iPod after 6.1.3 could not be jail broken for some time. Now it can be and I tried it but it doesn't work with me - so I just gave up. XD It would probably be so laggy and lose battery really quickly if it was jail broken. XD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    04-22-2014 04:36 AM
    I've given up on jail breaking my iPod after 6.1.3 could not be jail broken for some time. Now it can be and I tried it but it doesn't work with me - so I just gave up. XD It would probably be so laggy and lose battery really quickly if it was jail broken. XD

I'm on 7.0.4 on my 5S and iPad Mini and Air and all three are jailbroken. None have battery problems.
    elliwhi likes this.
    04-22-2014 05:52 AM
    I'm on 7.0.4 on my 5S and iPad Mini and Air and all three are jailbroken. None have battery problems.
    Really? I'm on iPod touch 4G White and my battery would sink very quickly if I was just doing light browsing. However that was on iOS 5. Stopped jail breaking when IOS6 came out. :P

04-22-2014 05:57 AM
36 12