Giving up on jail breaking?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I still Jailbreak my iPads and iPhones.

My 5S is Jailbroken because I like to be able to block calls using iBlacklist. It stops the call from even connecting on the callers side so it sounds as if my number simply does not work.

I also like to block ads on all sites that I go to and most of the ads in apps are blocked as well. It gets annoying when an ad on an app or website redirects me to the app store. Adblocker prevents this.

Plus, with TetherMe, i can tether till the cows come home.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I forget about TetherMe. Luckily my network allow this for free but if they didn't, I can see this would be very valuable

Sent from a deeply fragmented though process using Tapatalk

elliwhi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on jail breaking my iPod after 6.1.3 could not be jail broken for some time. Now it can be and I tried it but it doesn't work with me - so I just gave up. XD It would probably be so laggy and lose battery really quickly if it was jail broken. XD

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on jail breaking my iPod after 6.1.3 could not be jail broken for some time. Now it can be and I tried it but it doesn't work with me - so I just gave up. XD It would probably be so laggy and lose battery really quickly if it was jail broken. XD

I'm on 7.0.4 on my 5S and iPad Mini and Air and all three are jailbroken. None have battery problems.

elliwhi

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 7.0.4 on my 5S and iPad Mini and Air and all three are jailbroken. None have battery problems.

Really? I'm on iPod touch 4G White and my battery would sink very quickly if I was just doing light browsing. However that was on iOS 5. Stopped jail breaking when IOS6 came out. :p

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
iOS keeps getting better and better, but also so do the jailbreak tweaks you can use. Here are some of my favorites:

Alkaline - Change the battery icon
Articon - Replaces the Music App on your home screen with the music artwork for the song thats playing
Barrel - Changes the effects when swiping between apps
BioLockdown - Lock individual apps using your finger print
Fancy - Changes the banners, keyboard and other areas a specific color
Glow Dock - Gives your dock a glowing effect
Homescreen Designer - You can change how many icons you have on your screen. I personally like having 5 across instead of 4.
iFile - A file manager that allows you to move files around without iTunes
iTunes Radio Unlimited - Allows you to have unlimited skips in iTunes Radio
LiveWeatherIcon - Changes the weather icon to the current temperature and gives effects (raining, snowing, sun is out)
NC Single Tap Clear - Allows you to close out all notifications for one app at once instead of closing them out individually
Nintendo/Genesis/SNES Emulators - Play old school Roms
NoSlowAnimations - Speeds up the animations so you can open apps faster
Pandora Downloader - Allows you to download Pandora songs so you can listen to them when you don't have internet access.
Priority Hub - Great organizer of notifications on your lock screen
Safari Download Manager - Allows you to download files from Safari
SwitchSpring - Allows you to close out of all apps at once
TinyBar - Reduces size of notification banners so they don't get in the way
WinterBoard - Allows you try different themes
#Play Me - Shows in the song that is playing in your status bar

Most of these tweaks just change the way your iPhone looks, but tweaks like BioLock, and SwitchSpring give some great functionality. I can't see iOS progressing to a point where I won't jailbreak. I understand not jailbreaking, if you are happy with iOS as is and don't care to change the way your phone looks and operates though.

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
With iOS 7 you can block calls by going into the call log and hitting the i with the circle around it. This will give you the details of the call. You can then scroll to the bottom of that page and select Block this Caller.

Adblocker and TetherMe are awesome I agree. Especially TetherMe as I don't have a family data share plan so my ability to tether is blocked by our friends at AT&T. :)

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I still Jailbreak my iPads and iPhones.

My 5S is Jailbroken because I like to be able to block calls using iBlacklist. It stops the call from even connecting on the callers side so it sounds as if my number simply does not work.

I also like to block ads on all sites that I go to and most of the ads in apps are blocked as well. It gets annoying when an ad on an app or website redirects me to the app store. Adblocker prevents this.

Plus, with TetherMe, i can tether till the cows come home.

With iOS 7 you can block calls by going into the call log and hitting the i with the circle around it. This will give you the details of the call. You can then scroll to the bottom of that page and select Block this Caller.

Adblocker and TetherMe are awesome I agree. Especially TetherMe as I don't have a family data share plan so my ability to tether is blocked by our friends at AT&T.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Adblocker and TetherMe are awesome I agree. Especially TetherMe as I don't have a family data share plan so my ability to tether is blocked by our friends at AT&T.

Yes, I am aware that you can block calls on iOS 7 and above but calls still go to voicemail. With iBlacklist, you can prevent anything from goings to voicemail. Sure with iOS 7, calls that are blocked go to voicemail and then the voicemail is placed in a separate folder marked blocked so that you can ignore them, but they are still there.

Also, this is one of my favorite mods called Aria. It does several things to the music app and this screen cap shows one of them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 18

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am aware that you can block calls on iOS 7 and above but calls still go to voicemail. With iBlacklist, you can prevent anything from goings to voicemail. Sure with iOS 7, calls that are blocked go to voicemail and then the voicemail is placed in a separate folder marked blocked so that you can ignore them, but they are still there.

Also, this is one of my favorite mods called Aria. It does several things to the music app and this screen cap shows one of them.

Interesting, I did not realize that when blocking callers in iOS 7 they could still leave voicemails! Thanks for confirming that. I will have to check out Aria. It looks pretty good.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I did not realize that when blocking callers in iOS 7 they could still leave voicemails! Thanks for confirming that. I will have to check out Aria. It looks pretty good.
If you ever get a chance to call your phone from a blocked number, you will see what I am talking about. The iPhone and android both don't have a real call blocker meaning that as I said above, it doesn't ring your phone but sends it to voicemail.

On my Nexus 4, I used a call blocker on it to stop the call from actually going through so the caller could not leave a voicemail.

This is something I thing both OS developers need to change.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm jail broke and will stay that way. To me the benefits of a jail broke phone far outweigh any of the stock apps or tweeks available on any existing iOS.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I used to be. But I got annoyed the jailbreak devs didn't wait til 7.1. 7.0 had too many problems to lock in a jb.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I was still running JB on my 4s with iOS5 when it broke. I'd still be running that JB if I still had my 4s.

I love my tweaks and widgets too much to ever give up on jailbreaking. iOS stock out of the box bores me. I'm used to having colorful icons I choose and I like having the weather on my home screen or lock screen so I can just tap the screen or home button and see if I need to put on a jacket or grab my umbrella.

Plus I like putting icons where I want them and not where Apple tells me to. I like to be able to customize my phone to how I want it.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If you ever get a chance to call your phone from a blocked number, you will see what I am talking about. The iPhone and android both don't have a real call blocker meaning that as I said above, it doesn't ring your phone but sends it to voicemail.

On my Nexus 4, I used a call blocker on it to stop the call from actually going through so the caller could not leave a voicemail.

This is something I thing both OS developers need to change.

+1 on this. I don't want callers going to VM. I want callers to leave me alone especially telemarketers who have been blowing up my phone as of late and I don't give out my cell # for anything. I use a disconnected number I used to have 14 years ago when I have to use a phone number for anything.

I have Verizon and the only way to actually block a call so the caller gets the "This customer has enacted call blocking against your number" message is using the call blocking feature on Verizonwireless.com or having the Verizon CSRs block it for you.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to be. But I got annoyed the jailbreak devs didn't wait til 7.1. 7.0 had too many problems to lock in a jb.

Yeah. My phone frequently went into safe mode and it got so bad that I restored my phone and it hasn't restarted on its own since.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods