Giving up on jail breaking?

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Just wondered if any of you are previous die hard jail breakers that just don't bother anymore due to improvements in recent iOS updates?

I, like many eagerly await new iOS releases being jailbroken and always jailbreak ASAP. Now that 7.1 is out, and I consider updating and losing my jailbreak, I'm starting to realise that I don't really benefit much from jail breaking. To me, all the customising stuff is just a novelty and stock iOS provides all the productivity and shortcuts I need.

Anyone else thinking the same or am I missing some tweaks that'll change my life? Please note, I'm not, nor ever have been a supporter of stealing media or apps.

Maybe list the tweaks you jailbreak for? At the mo for me, bite SMS is the only one I continue to use but I can live without that

Sent from a deeply fragmented though process using Tapatalk

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
7.1 is perfect and it can only get better from here. I don't think I will jailbreak anymore when the option is available.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure I only still do it out of habit, iOS 7.1 it is for me tonight then

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Full disclosure I have never had a jailbroken iPhone. I just know that when a new jailbreak comes out I see a flood of activity in that forum describing all the issues that have been created. I love the stability of ios and see no reason to mess with that

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't 100% gave up on jailbreaking but I'm starting not to need it anymore.
I usually have sbsettings, forecast, & cyueue installed but I'm starting not to need those tweaks (I still like forecast but I don't need it). I did update my 5S to iOS 7.1 cause of stability but my iPod touch is still jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 and will always be.
I think that the mess at the initial iOS 7 jailbreak release was the tipping point for people not wanting to jailbreak plus how much apple changed in iOS 7 made some tweaks to be useless or redone from scratch. No one had time to update apps or even update tweaks properly for iOS 7 when the jailbreak was released. I'm still surprised about how stable the jailbreak itself for iOS 7.0.X was but it was what Apple changed in iOS 7 that made tweaks unstable and not run proper.
I will never give up on jailbreaking but there hasn't been any tweaks have have interested me to keep me jailbreaking recently. But if my iOS devices is not getting anymore software updated then I'll jailbreak it and leave it that way.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I haven't 100% gave up on jailbreaking but I'm starting not to need it anymore.
I usually have sbsettings, forecast, & cyueue installed but I'm starting not to need those tweaks (I still like forecast but I don't need it). I did update my 5S to iOS 7.1 cause of stability but my iPod touch is still jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6 and will always be.
I think that the mess at the initial iOS 7 jailbreak release was the tipping point for people not wanting to jailbreak plus how much apple changed in iOS 7 made some tweaks to be useless or redone from scratch. No one had time to update apps or even update tweaks properly for iOS 7 when the jailbreak was released. I'm still surprised about how stable the jailbreak itself for iOS 7.0.X was but it was what Apple changed in iOS 7 that made tweaks unstable and not run proper.
I will never give up on jailbreaking but there hasn't been any tweaks have have interested me to keep me jailbreaking recently. But if my iOS devices is not getting anymore software updated then I'll jailbreak it and leave it that way.

Sent from my Jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

That's what I did to my old iPhone 3GS.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Between BiteSMS and Activator, jailbreak makes the iPhone a more efficient tool for me

Hi rayz, do you feel these tweaks actually improve the efficiency of iOS then? I can't help that feel they're just shortcuts to already easily accessible features that, at a push, shave off one or two taps at a rate for 0.5-1 second per use

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi rayz, do you feel these tweaks actually improve the efficiency of iOS then? I can't help that feel they're just shortcuts to already easily accessible features that, at a push, shave off one or two taps at a rate for 0.5-1 second per use

I think they do because seconds add up. Also, it's often quicker to perform a gesture than tap a button when you're already interacting with something on the screen of your device.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Very true, what is an efficiency improvement ultimately if it isn't a quicker way of doing the same thing

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I jail broke my 4s for a while. Reset it after one of the updates and never did again. My 5 has been fine without it.

My only gripe is the 50mb download limit on things like podcasts. Why do we still have this? I can stream fine.

It's something that only seems to exist on iPhone. Remnants of the ATT exclusive days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have never jail broken an iPhone. Never saw the need to do so!

Last edited:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
There's probably something that Apple left in to make carriers happy

I jail broke my 4s for a while. Reset it after one of the updates and never did again. My 5 has been fine without it.

My only gripe is the 50mb download limit on things like podcasts. Why do we still have this? I can stream fine.

It's something that only seems to exist on iPhone. Remnants of the ATT exclusive days?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh