What do you think? The war continues with the commercials on tablets especially, Is it helping Samsung or doing nothing?
    04-20-2014 10:14 AM
    I have to admit, from my biased point of view, Samsung does a nice job of highlighting some functions that are not available on iOS. If I weren't such a fan of the ease of use, seamless integration, and invested in the ecosystem, I would consider Samsung for both a phone and tablet. I have done a double take at a commercial, paused, and have contemplated...only for seconds though.
    Samsung does a great job on televisions, as a side note. I have two plasma smart televisions that have great pictures. Just mentioning to demonstrate that I am not anti Samsung.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    04-20-2014 10:24 AM
    IMO, Apple has a better product. But Samsung is slamming with the commercials. Don't know if it's just my area, but cant remember the last time I've seen an Apple commercial around here.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    04-20-2014 10:31 AM
    I think Apple has better products. But Samsung has an excellent marketing plan and execution.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    04-20-2014 10:35 AM
    Samsung will never be Apple because they don't get what makes Apple Apple. They don't have a cool design aesthetic and their suite of Samsung branded apps are just a collection of many in a sea of good Android apps. On the plus side, their efforts to one-up Apple have turned out some really clever hardware. I absolutely love my Note 3 and find it very useful.

It's no iPhone though and I doubt people that want Apple are going to see Samsung as a viable alternative.
    Speedygi and Jaguarr40 like this.
    04-20-2014 11:04 AM
    I find it funny people think Samsung is doing great with their commercials. All they're based on is slamming Apple.

Whether it be politics or anything else, I never found it appealing to pump yourself by negatively putting down your competition.
    Unprofessional to me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 with the iMore Forums App
    ladyc0524, taz323 and Jaguarr40 like this.
    04-20-2014 02:22 PM
    I think Samsung is winning the media war and the products are basically the same as far as ease of use goes at this point
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    04-20-2014 02:55 PM
    I prefer the iPhone, but those Samsung tabs are definitely better than the iPad IMO. The only difference is the apps.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    04-20-2014 04:50 PM
    I personally feel Samsung is going overboard with the marketing, and while all is fair in War and Love, there is a certain obnoxious quality to the ads in my opinion.
    04-20-2014 10:24 PM
    I personally feel Samsung is going overboard with the marketing, and while all is fair in War and Love, there is a certain obnoxious quality to the ads in my opinion.
    I would like for you to explain what about the ads you consider to be obnoxious. Just curious.
    04-21-2014 12:17 AM
    I would like for you to explain what about the ads you consider to be obnoxious. Just curious.
    Haha namely the parts where they made fun of people who queued up the iPhone on launch day. You seen those ads, T?
    04-21-2014 12:19 AM
    Haha namely the parts where they made fun of people who queued up the iPhone on launch day. You seen those ads, T?
    Oh. That was a couple of years ago with the S3. I actually got an S3 since it brought a whole lot of features. I think that it was the phone that actually brought Samsung into this competition with Apple since I never heard of the S2. The Olympic ads helped the Galaxy series in gaining recognition.
    04-21-2014 12:22 AM
    those Samsung tabs are definitely better than the iPad
    Yup just like a slice of pizza doesn't taste as good as dirt.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    04-21-2014 12:26 AM
    Yup just like a slice of pizza doesn't taste as good as dirt.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    It's just my opinion. I prefer using iPads, but I think that they are better. Let me elaborate on that. They are better for productivity, such as creating documents. More on the business side.
    04-21-2014 12:28 AM
    I say let it escalate. The more and more companies besmirch each other, the better for us consumers. I want them to compete tooth and nail to gain our business.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    04-21-2014 01:13 PM
    I say let it escalate. The more and more companies besmirch each other, the better for us consumers. I want them to compete tooth and nail to gain our business.
    Maybe Apple will jump to the 128 Bit processor...
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    04-21-2014 04:06 PM
    I don't know why people always have to think of it like apple and samsung is going in a war.. For me I feel it's just what you prefer to use.. Like for me I don't think samsung are bad phones it's just not for me and I much prefer to use apple

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-22-2014 10:15 PM
    I don't know why people always have to think of it like apple and samsung is going in a war.. For me I feel it's just what you prefer to use.. Like for me I don't think samsung are bad phones it's just not for me and I much prefer to use apple

Most people will have that same sentiment, but ultimately, the media cares about such tussles because they have to report on them, and Media does affect customers' perceptions so it could matter ultimately on the sales numbers side. Question is how much would negative news affect either one's actual sales, and how much of a scope that news may be.

That would determine how much financial capabilities can be put to better and more frequent products, which we as consumers would care for.
    04-22-2014 10:22 PM
    I think samsung went from the bottom door, crap in the android space to making android a household name. They have done something that no other android OEM is able to do and that is sell phones on an almost apple like level(not quite apple level), and I feel their approach to try anything and everything is what fuels a lot of these "niche" products that analysts claim nobody wanted (note line, wearables, etc). I like the added competition. Now if they could only get their software right they really would kill it on the android side.
    04-25-2014 07:27 PM
    I really don't know why people like to compare samsung and apple.. They are both great products in their own way and it's just all depends on which product everyone prefer

04-25-2014 07:28 PM