I opened the box containing my brand new iPhone 5S and found it stuffed with paper.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Very very odd.. Hope things work out with you and the company.... Never heard of this one before.... Odd they didn't ever sense the weight of the box is different?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why I would only ever buy an iPhone from an official carrier store or Apple themselves...I think the furthest I'd even consider from those is Best Buy, and only in store.

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah bought in big w. I guess kinda like best buy or something. I never usually get phones there but being sealed and feeling full i never thought about it. Oh well i got my money back.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah bought in big w. I guess kinda like best buy or something. I never usually get phones there but being sealed and feeling full i never thought about it. Oh well i got my money back.

Why a person would buy an iPhone IN store without opening the box this late in the season is beyond me...initially? Sure...you want to flip them. But right now, with a depreciation on the 5S because of the market saturation, any iDevice I buy in store is getting opened IN store.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Why a person would buy an iPhone IN store without opening the box this late in the season is beyond me...initially? Sure...you want to flip them. But right now, with a depreciation on the 5S because of the market saturation, any iDevice I buy in store is getting opened IN store.

I'll be honest, I've never opened an electronic purchase box in store before (fortunately haven't been burned yet). Maybe it didn't occur to him that someone would swipe it when he bought it. Honestly, I'd be willing to wager that almost nobody even has that thought enter their head to consider until it might actually happen to them.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest, I've never opened an electronic purchase box in store before (fortunately haven't been burned yet). Maybe it didn't occur to him that someone would swipe it when he bought it. Honestly, I'd be willing to wager that almost nobody even has that thought enter their head to consider until it might actually happen to them.

I give you a lot of credit, wish i could be that trusting. When I'm paying upward close to 800.00 for a phone, it's not only out of the box, it's activated and ready to go before I leave.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I give you a lot of credit, wish i could be that trusting. When I'm paying upward close to 800.00 for a phone, it's not only out of the box, it's activated and ready to go before I leave.

It's not so much that I'm so trusting, it's just that it's never actually occurred to me to check. Now I'm probably going to get in the habit of checking for future purposes.

THANKS A LOT IMORE! Now I'm all paranoid! :tongue:

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Back in the day I received an iPod Nano in the mail in the shipping box but when I opened up the shipping box there was no iPod Nano or iPod Nano box in the parcel. Contacted Apple and they surprisingly sent me a new one. It's a tough situation because it seems like people could abuse this situation.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I opened the box containing my brand new iPhone 5S and found it stuffed with ...

I now have an iphone 5s and a galaxy s5. No idea what I want to keep.

I need to sell one. Can't keep both.

Keep the iPhone. ;) Whichever one you choose, remember, you're always welcome here at iMore. :)

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Im having trouble on my 5s. With just a hotmail email. Set to push and everything. Never comes through when locked or on homescreen. I have to open the email app then my email loads.
Galaxy s5 is instant no troubles but 5s is being a pain. Tried resetting too. No good.
Never had trouble on previous iphones.
Cheers if anyone can help.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
2.7 ghz quad-core MacBook Pro good deal on eBay posted on Reddit
e9agavev.jpg