I think it's safe to say that would never happen, those workers are under such tight security. If caught they would immediately be taken out, beaten, and then shot. Then the Chinese police would come, and shoot them again just to drive home the message ...
    Well if this is the case wouldn't the OP find the body of the worker in the box itself😉
    04-12-2014 10:44 AM
    You are definitely taking this incredibly well.

I always try to take something positive from every problem and what i've learnt from this is to open the box in the store in front of the sales rep before leaving.

I hope you get this sorted soon.
    kataran and anon4757448 like this.
    04-12-2014 11:45 AM
    Unless it was taken somewhere in the delivery process.Just blank A4 paper cut to fit in the box.
    Another bad thing about this is this is giving me more time to look at all different phones lol.

I've been back and forth between iphone and samsung for years. Can anyone tell me have they put the newer galaxies side by side with a 5s and looked at screen quality?
    04-12-2014 05:04 PM
    I've seen the G3 side by side and the older iphone 4 had a better quality in my opinion

Please keep us informed on your situation we are hoping for a quick resolve on your issue and feel for your plite even if you decide on a different device we hope to continue conversing with you in the future

People like you are rare and sort after here and in real life. I mean that 😊
    anon4757448 likes this.
    04-12-2014 05:51 PM
    Is it not common practice for the shop to open it in front of the customer? ...
    Every time i bought one.
    anon4757448 and thatgirl87 like this.
    04-12-2014 05:56 PM
    I heard this happen in the past with UPS or one of the shipping companies. It sucks that this happens and I hope that you get your money back and can get a new, real iPhone this time.
    04-12-2014 06:59 PM
    Something similar was happening with iPads a couple Christmas' ago here in Vancouver. People were buying iPads, replacing it with a slab of clay, re-shrink wrapping the box, then returning it. They'd then turn around and sell the iPad.
    04-12-2014 09:47 PM
    Cheers all. I'm really ticked off but just trying to keep my cool. I'm meant to be contacted tomorrow morining.I'll just ring them first thing instead.
    04-13-2014 05:44 AM
    Cheers all. I'm really ticked off but just trying to keep my cool. I'm meant to be contacted tomorrow morining.I'll just ring them first thing instead.
    Good luck, let use know how you make out.
    04-13-2014 07:19 AM
    Is it not common practice for the shop to open it in front of the customer? ...
    At the Apple Store, for me, no. I've purchased phones outright and have just been given it after paying.
    04-13-2014 01:24 PM
    We would always open the box, instal the battery, fire up the phone, and check for defects before the customer left the store. We also would do the same with laptops. It was good customer service and would have prevent the issue the OP is having.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-13-2014 02:47 PM
    We would always open the box, instal the battery, fire up the phone, and check for defects before the customer left the store. We also would do the same with laptops. It was good customer service and would have prevent the issue the OP is having.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    They probably just can't wait to be rid of me.
    04-13-2014 04:06 PM
    Good luck, and sorry to hear this happened to you.
    04-13-2014 04:28 PM
    So i called them up this morning. The phone has been disabled. They could'nt or were'nt allowed to tell me what happened to it. :-S
    Anyways i was offered another one or refund.I ended up going for a refund. My options are now a 5S or S5.I like both ios and android equally but at this time i think i prefer the S5. Just the customizing and more options.

I figured the 5S must of been taken before it got into Aus. As everything was taken but not the charger. As they did not want charger becuase it was'nt for there country.
    04-14-2014 02:11 AM
    They probably just can't wait to be rid of me.
    Don't be so hard on yourself, I think you're kinda cool. Besides a Richard Sherman fan is always a friend of mine.
    04-15-2014 10:47 AM
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but this purchase was not made from Apple or an official carrier store, correct?
    04-15-2014 01:43 PM
    Very very odd.. Hope things work out with you and the company.... Never heard of this one before.... Odd they didn't ever sense the weight of the box is different?
    04-15-2014 01:48 PM
    That is about the worst experience ever and yes it was probibly stoolen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 01:51 PM
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but this purchase was not made from Apple or an official carrier store, correct?
    Correct ... OP said some place called Big W.
    04-15-2014 03:45 PM
    This is why I would only ever buy an iPhone from an official carrier store or Apple themselves...I think the furthest I'd even consider from those is Best Buy, and only in store.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    04-15-2014 08:07 PM
    Yeah bought in big w. I guess kinda like best buy or something. I never usually get phones there but being sealed and feeling full i never thought about it. Oh well i got my money back.
    04-16-2014 01:58 AM
    Yeah bought in big w. I guess kinda like best buy or something. I never usually get phones there but being sealed and feeling full i never thought about it. Oh well i got my money back.
    Glad it worked out for you.
    04-16-2014 02:08 AM
    Why a person would buy an iPhone IN store without opening the box this late in the season is beyond me...initially? Sure...you want to flip them. But right now, with a depreciation on the 5S because of the market saturation, any iDevice I buy in store is getting opened IN store.
    04-16-2014 12:23 PM
    Why a person would buy an iPhone IN store without opening the box this late in the season is beyond me...initially? Sure...you want to flip them. But right now, with a depreciation on the 5S because of the market saturation, any iDevice I buy in store is getting opened IN store.
    I'll be honest, I've never opened an electronic purchase box in store before (fortunately haven't been burned yet). Maybe it didn't occur to him that someone would swipe it when he bought it. Honestly, I'd be willing to wager that almost nobody even has that thought enter their head to consider until it might actually happen to them.
    kataran likes this.
    04-16-2014 05:35 PM
    I'll be honest, I've never opened an electronic purchase box in store before (fortunately haven't been burned yet). Maybe it didn't occur to him that someone would swipe it when he bought it. Honestly, I'd be willing to wager that almost nobody even has that thought enter their head to consider until it might actually happen to them.
    I give you a lot of credit, wish i could be that trusting. When I'm paying upward close to 800.00 for a phone, it's not only out of the box, it's activated and ready to go before I leave.
    04-17-2014 01:57 AM
68 123