Is it really Apple's fault?

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
People are dumb. The principle is that devices help us all get round that. Users are not perfect, we all err. If the designers had thought ahead, or may be back, like Aslan the lion, that part is uncertain, they would remember that people are dumb, and make safety features to stop people doing dumb stuff.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
People are dumb. The principle is that devices help us all get round that. Users are not perfect, we all err. If the designers had thought ahead, or may be back, like Aslan the lion, that part is uncertain, they would remember that people are dumb, and make safety features to stop people doing dumb stuff.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Its a person's fault for not putting a password on their device. They can ask the government for an iPhone 5S with Touch ID, so they don't need to put in a password.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I will answer in this way by simply say that 1-7 without a doubt IMO is a definite NO - I am not going to elaborate because the questions are plainly self explanatory and the answer NO to them are as well. If YES if would have explained.

Lastly as written by the OP: Is it Apple's fault? If not then why does Apple get blamed? Would it not be the easiest way to make Apple the skapegoat rather than to admit a mistake on the person(S) part by doing what they did that was their doing and then placing blame on another - In this case a Company like Apple. Place blame where blame should be placed and learn your lesson so that these don't repeat themselves.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

No amount of thinking ahead could possibly cover every single thing. That's just not feasible. A company tries to benefit it's consumers. However they cannot tailor their devices for the few and ignore the many. Yes, there are always improvements to be had. I'm sure it'll evolve as time goes by.

Until then, as consumers, we should arm ourselves with knowledge. It's our most powerful weapon.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Safety features included with an iPhone are as follows:

1. The option to passcode lock it.
2. The option to automatically back up precious data to iCloud.
3. The option to activate an iCloud activation lock to prevent thieves from using your phone.
4. The ability to locate your phone.
5. All sorts of accessibility features.
6. The ability to re-download music, apps and video you previously purchased without having to re-purchases them in case you accidentally delete them.
7. Other stuff

That is providing more than enough to protect people from themselves, but no matter how you slice it, the purchaser is ultimately responsible for the things they buy, and you know it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No amount of thinking ahead could possibly cover every single thing. That's just not feasible. A company tries to benefit it's consumers. However they cannot tailor their devices for the few and ignore the many. Yes, there are always improvements to be had. I'm sure it'll evolve as time goes by.

Until then, as consumers, we should arm ourselves with knowledge. It's our most powerful weapon.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

'Nuf said....:)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Have you ever worked as a programmer? About 10% of the code is logic. The remaining 90% is idiot-proofing. People do stupid things either because they are stupid or to test the system. My money is on the former.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Suggested reading for those who answer yes to those questions.
neza5avu.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I didn't know the government could afford to give people $200 iPhones.

Actually, that would be $700 iPhones; there would be no subsidy since the devices are on prepaid plans. Though I suppose that is also another question: Is it Apple's fault that you have to pay $700 to replace your iPhone, that you thought was $200, because you aren't eligible for another subsidized phone until next year?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's all Apples fault they made a pretty blue iPhone that made me cheat on my Androids!

Lyk Omg! WTF, gtfo kay'?

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73