Why iOS doesn't have a file manager ?(O dear i know it is old)

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
iO7 is till maturing. Things like this will probably be added when problems with other parts of the OS are dealt with.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
iO7 is till maturing. Things like this will probably be added when problems with other parts of the OS are dealt with.

Not having a file manager is part of the security of iOS. Since each app is sandboxed from each other and cannot access files from another app, a rogue app couldn't do much damage since it cannot mess with things outside its sandbox.

What kind of flinging security is that,barring "the" functionality...i mean bb has it,why not iOS...dont give the root access and it would be fine i reckon...this is bad...ridicilous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Sandboxing apps definitely adds security perhaps at the expense of convenience that you would like.
If a BB already has the functionality you want, then why don't you switch? Otherwise learn constructive work arounds on iOS rather than just complaining.
Sometimes I wish there was a built in file manager app, but the current system of "open in…" to get a document I to another app works well enough for me most of the time.

workarounds..I already flinging have them mate,and so far open in is working for me quite well,Unless after the business i am gonna start,so i would have 100 or 1000 files scattered around and i would be wondering O dear what should I do with them,and No It is not like "why don't you just switch?"...Consider I have already invested in Apple,then what? regarding workarounds,people did work with their BB's and Symbians and even made notes with their dumb phones,but it must not be like that with smartphones...

BB has a file manager and iOS hasn't,Ok that adds to a reasonable amount of security but it is not greater than the fact of not having a file manager for the sake of it...BB has it when their bread and butter is Security and all that stuff,iOS could try with restriction to root access..this is simply awkward...killing a major convenience for the sake of security...Sure people have adopted to it,I hate to say but yes...But I don't know how...Well sorry for the rant..

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't necessarily have to be a file manger with access to the system files. Just something like a photos.app that is instead a files.app that I can access just like I do with the photos from the photos app. Then the stock mail app can allow us to attach files from files.app just as easily as we do from the photos.app

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't necessarily have to be a file manger with access to the system files. Just something like a photos.app that is instead a files.app that I can access just like I do with the photos from the photos app. Then the stock mail app can allow us to attach files from files.app just as easily as we do from the photos.app

exactly what I said,even a "file picker" would do it

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
All products have pros and cons. Everyone has different desires and needs. Pick the product where the pros for your needs are maximized and the cons are minimizing while also realizing that nothing is going to meet 100% of your needs/desires. If that product is not one running iOS, that's fine.

yes :) thank you...But I don't know I still feel this could have been included,should have been....I don't know well..But should have been included Oh dear...

RIM has identical marketshare circa 2007-2009...They didn't want to adopt to change for the sake of displeasure of their fan/userbase...look at them now...Okay you can bash me on this I would take it ( hahah) I dare say,Same would happen with iOS if they didn't adopt to the modern "mobile desktop" approach of things...so if someone says "well,sales are telling people are easy with it,it is fine if they don't have it",history certainly haven't told us that...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The reason members JB there iPhones is to have the access they choose to have. Knowingly the current OS doesn't afford us that luxury tends to hand tie members that are fluent with there devices

But we see hoards of new members coming here begging for help because they ended up corrupting there devices. They have no where else to turn because Apple chose not to include a file Manager in the stock operation system. It just might be for that type of reason if it's not necessary for the average user than they will never include it be it for Security, stability or not

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The reason members JB there iPhones is to have the access they choose to have. Knowingly the current OS doesn't afford us that luxury tends to hand tie members that are fluent with there devices

But we see hoards of new members coming here begging for help because they ended up corrupting there devices. They have no where else to turn because Apple chose not to include a file Manager in the stock operation system. It just might be for that type of reason if it's not necessary for the average user than they will never include it be it for Security, stability or not

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

aaa...yes maybe...I think you are quite right...and quite wrong at the sametime... LOL i am mindflinged :( I always post on AC about switching but keep coming back to iOS why is it so :( and all the features that i need are exclusively on android :( but Apple...Oh dear...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Flinging wow.

Why don't cars have hover conversions? And why aren't there hover boards?

Why can't we eat what we want, when we want and not get fat?

Why do plane tickets cost so much?

...so many whys...when in the end, you have plenty of choices out there. Apple doesn't include an accessibly file system because they don't want to offer an accessible file system...to work around that you simply have to jailbreak and use one of the countless, easy to use file system tweaks. Get over it...

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow...

I think Android would be a great solution to your issues, at this stage in your mobile operating system needs. The file manager system that you're asking for would compromise the security of the iPhone in a way Apple doesn't feel comfortable with. That's what Steve Jobs would say lol.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Flinging wow.

Why don't cars have hover conversions? And why aren't there hover boards?

Why can't we eat what we want, when we want and not get fat?

Why do plane tickets cost so much?

...so many whys...when in the end, you have plenty of choices out there. Apple doesn't include an accessibly file system because they don't want to offer an accessible file system...to work around that you simply have to jailbreak and use one of the countless, easy to use file system tweaks. Get over it...

You are giving too much unnecessary stretch in your arguments...so weird they don't want to give users that option to the user...well lets see what happens next

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I think Android would be a great solution to your issues, at this stage in your mobile operating system needs. The file manager system that you're asking for would compromise the security of the iPhone in a way Apple doesn't feel comfortable with. That's what Steve Jobs would say lol.

Yep i was thinking the same,i think iOS isn't meant to be for my liking...but still there are few general things which i will always be ridiculed about apple's approach...

Atleast modern androids with 2gb rams and kitkat have reached the slickness and smoothness of ios...though that was not the case 2 years back...even till late 2012...it is only after jellybean things have changed drastically...though android offers zero security..at this time it is a better bet than wp/bb...and yes apps do really matter,i have learned that from iOS's apps...they are not dumb they seriously matter....and wp's app quality is well below par,so as bb's...so android it is...

Plot twist: *continuous with installing pro widgets and auxo* :D:D:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You are giving too much unnecessary stretch in your arguments...so weird they don't want to give users that option to the user...well lets see what happens next

There was nothing unnecessary about my argument...to be honest, it wasn't even an argument, it was simply stating the facts and the reality of the situation. You're clamoring on and on about why iOS doesn't have a file system manager accessible to users without a jailbreak, and the simple answer is because Apple doesn't want you to have it...period.

You have options...LOTS of them...including options to access the file system within iOS if the iPhone is your phone of choice. You're complaining for the sake of complaining and your basis is not even legitimate.

Nobody makes a perfect phone...you have to choose the one that does what you want and need BEST. If that isn't the iPhone, go use something else. It's really simple.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
There was nothing unnecessary about my argument...to be honest, it wasn't even an argument, it was simply stating the facts and the reality of the situation. You're clamoring on and on about why iOS doesn't have a file system manager accessible to users without a jailbreak, and the simple answer is because Apple doesn't want you to have it...period.

You have options...LOTS of them...including options to access the file system within iOS if the iPhone is your phone of choice. You're complaining for the sake of complaining and your basis is not even legitimate.

Nobody makes a perfect phone...you have to choose the one that does what you want and need BEST. If that isn't the iPhone, go use something else. It's really simple.

I mean Idk what bothered you with my complain,Can't I complain if I have invested in Apple,I am not blaming but just complaining man...Things do incur to one at a later stage....

It is ridiculous to say that Apple doesn't want you to have it period...and yes this logic of yours,it ain't logic and purely rhetoric...it is shutting one's mouth up...I am not complaining for the sake of complaining,Apple could have it without compromising that so-called security.... I don't know how to answers this ridiculousness,give what logic you can to defend Apple/iOS,I won't do that...

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
They can make the design of iOS in such a way that those who don't need it won't bother with...for those who have that "simplistic ui" crap about "not having a file manager"...and it is the most ridiculous privacy measure by not having it...iOS is all about convenience and simplicity right?so how convenient is that?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro