Why Are Apple Computers So Much More Expensive Than PCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Having owned a Windows rig that was more expensive than my MacBook, I will say my Mac is more than worth it's price. Mainly for the following reasons.

Awesome build quality
Awesome customer service
Great performance despite "weak" specs, thanks to OS optimization
Free OS updates
Cheap or free software through the App Store
Seamless ecosystem integration with iTunes and iPhone/iPad
Great reliability
Relatively maintenance free

Yes, you can get a computer running Windows with similar or better specs for less money. Same specs doesn't mean same experience. Better specs doesn't mean better experience.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
It is almost saying why is a range rover evoque much more expensive than a ford mondeo, apple computers have a unique build quality nearly unmatched by ordinary personal computer. There are many manufacture companies out there that can build a personal computer cheaply or expensive, reliable or unreliable, sloppy or neat. With apple computers I know from personal experience alone that it is a computer I can truly rely on; computer, phone, or tablets and other accessories included.

Sent from my iPad mini 2 using Tapatalk

akaplan

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Apple's computers a really expensive because apple relies on a hoard of devoted zombies to push their products. If you look at the specs on ANY apple decvice, you could easily get somthing much cheaper with the same specs (cough couph pc). The other thing that makes me despise apple is their refusal to let their rediculesly fragile software of their ****ty rigs.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple's computers a really expensive because apple relies on a hoard of devoted zombies to push their products. If you look at the specs on ANY apple decvice, you could easily get somthing much cheaper with the same specs (cough couph pc). The other thing that makes me despise apple is their refusal to let their rediculesly fragile software of their ****ty rigs.

Lol, dude, it's just a piece of tech... It's not your mom. It's just a piece of plastic and metal... Getting all worked up over tech is seriously stupid. I understand the urge too because I used to get all bent out of shape about these things... But it's not worth it. Use what you like and let others use what they like.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Also, you aren't going to have any credibility when your first post on an Apple forum rakes Apple over the coals over your perceived grip with them, which could be independently proven wrong.

akaplan

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
It most certainly is NOT a "wonderfull" thing. For one, their graphics card are complete trash, and the processer is shoddy. Apple pushes their producs on two things, beuty and uniqness. Certainly, it might look nice, but it's still unique in its crappieness.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It most certainly is NOT a "wonderfull" thing. For one, their graphics card are complete trash, and the processer is shoddy. Apple pushes their producs on two things, beuty and uniqness. Certainly, it might look nice, but it's still unique in its crappieness.

Have you ever used one?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
But seriously just calm down and ask yourself if it's really worth getting bent out of shape over? No body is forced to buy macs which means that we use them because we want to. I, and nobody would want anyone to use something they aren't happy with. So please, don't get a Mac if you aren't happy with one.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
It may look perfect, untill you want to squeze any reasonable amount of power out of it

You are just rambling. I've rendered 1080p video just fine on my base line model MacBook Air, while browsing the web and using tweetbot as smooth as a babies skin. Ask MKBHD or any of the YouTubers what they use for editing video... Austin Evans uses an 11" MacBook Air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods