But seriously just calm down and ask yourself if it's really worth getting bent out of shape over? No body is forced to buy macs which means that we use them because we want to. I, and nobody would want anyone to use something they aren't happy with. So please, don't get a Mac if you aren't happy with one.
    01-15-2015 05:20 PM
    It may look perfect, untill you want to squeze any reasonable amount of power out of it
    01-15-2015 05:21 PM
    Why yes, and i never want to again.
    Yet, if you ever go Mac! You will never go back. Trust me on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-15-2015 05:22 PM
    It may look perfect, untill you want to squeze any reasonable amount of power out of it
    You are just rambling. I've rendered 1080p video just fine on my base line model MacBook Air, while browsing the web and using tweetbot as smooth as a babies skin. Ask MKBHD or any of the YouTubers what they use for editing video... Austin Evans uses an 11" MacBook Air.
    01-15-2015 05:23 PM
    The OS for macs is terrible, and they perform worlds lower at computing than a windows machine.
    How are we supposed to take you serious when you say "the OS for macs" do you even know what it's called?
    01-15-2015 05:25 PM
    But I'm not going to argue with you anymore. Use what you like man. It's that easy.
    01-15-2015 05:25 PM
    The OS for macs is terrible, and they perform worlds lower at computing than a windows machine.
    Go troll somewhere else, and let the grown-ups talk.
    the_tech_eater and LockOnTech like this.
    01-15-2015 06:35 PM
    "An equivalent quality Windows PC will cost nearly the same." = FALSE

Let me illustrate... I do media and game production. Because of that, I looked into a Mac Pro a few years ago (well, not for the game stuff -- Macs are pretty lackluster for 3D graphics and modeling -- but more for the music/video production side of things)

I saw a pretty hefty pricetag, at close to $3000. Then I started looking at the specs and realized something: This is just a customized PC, but running OSX.

So I went to [redacted] and custom-designed a Windows PC to spec, with the EXACT same hardware components (not equivalent ones, but identical... except for the cooling, which I upgraded to a liquid-cooled system) ... and it came out to $1000.

That's right... the Mac Pro Apple was charging $3000 for was actually $1000 if you got the Windows version of it with:

-- same CPU processor
    -- same exact graphics card
    -- same RAM
    -- same MOBO
    -- same everything (except case and OS)

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think it's worth spending $2000 (well, $1800 to be exact) on an operating system (especially one that was actually MORE limited than Windows, considering you can't run industry-standard AutoDesk software like Motionbuilder on it...)

Now, I have some Apple products -- was a very early adopter of iPod; I also have a MBP, but have found that, due to limitations like the one I just listed, I had to install Windows on it anyway, and I find myself using the versatile, full-featured Surface Pro much more than my MacBook...
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 01-15-2015 at 09:02 PM.
    01-15-2015 07:11 PM
    The graphics card in a mac is a friggn brick, have you even looked at performance?

Silly little troll...you're lazy and unoriginal. OS X Yosemite has been compared a thousand times against Windows 8.1 and the vast majority of reviews finds it to be the superior OS for consumers vs. Windows, which is still stuck in the enterprise world (in terms of development, UI, etc).

I don't know why I'm sharing this with you though, you know it's true, but because you're a troll, you'll be banned soon, after you drool a few more asinine posts out.
    the_tech_eater and mikeo007 like this.
    01-15-2015 08:17 PM
    http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/4...s_Laughing.gif

Silly little troll...you're lazy and unoriginal. OS X Yosemite has been compared a thousand times against Windows 8.1 and the vast majority of reviews finds it to be the superior OS for consumers vs. Windows, which is still stuck in the enterprise world (in terms of development, UI, etc).

I don't know why I'm sharing this with you though, you know it's true, but because you're a troll, you'll be banned soon, after you drool a few more asinine posts out.
    I'm guessing by their level of intelligence they are probably about 9-14. Probably got a PC for Christmas but they feel inferior because Bob at school got MacBook. So lil' kiddo has to come trash talk Mac to make themselves feel better.
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 01-18-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    01-15-2015 08:33 PM
    I am guessing that some users obsession with ordure increase costs somehow.
    01-18-2015 09:56 AM
    says the guy who's using a platform that is on its death bed.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they borked it up.
    01-18-2015 10:23 AM
    says the guy who's using a platform that is on its death bed.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they borked it up.
    Amen.

01-18-2015 10:26 AM
    BB had a price increase?

01-18-2015 10:28 AM
    Didn't work for Blackberry, in fact, when people started smelling that particular pile of "ordure", they quickly and quietly boarded the lifeboats and made it to the shores of the other manufacturers that will still be making devices in 5 years, unlike BB, which will be associated with terms like "former" and "defunct" after a larger company devours them.

Honest question here though, are you prepared to change your screen name to "SamsungFunGuy" soon?
    qbnkelt likes this.
    01-18-2015 11:54 AM
    I'm just wondering why anyone would go to astronomical lengths to cut down any other company. Who cares? So you like a Mac? Good. Get yourself one and be happy. So you like BlackBerry still? Great! Don't bash other platforms for superiority complex.

Live and let live. There isn't any good reason to let this type of thing get under your skin. I realize that's easier said than done but if you must argue, at least do so tactfully. Have a nice day! LOL
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-18-2015 12:24 PM
    I'm just wondering why anyone would go to astronomical lengths to cut down any other company. Who cares? So you like a Mac? Good. Get yourself one and be happy. So you like BlackBerry still? Great! Don't bash other platforms for superiority complex.

Live and let live. There isn't any good reason to let this type of thing get under your skin. I realize that's easier said than done but if you must argue, at least do so tactfully. Have a nice day! LOL
    Sometimes pouring gas on a fire is fun.
    01-18-2015 12:48 PM
    I do have to say that you're an excellent candidate with your gas cans. Haha.
    01-18-2015 12:49 PM
    I keep 'em full.
    01-18-2015 01:33 PM
    01-18-2015 03:59 PM
    I keep 'em full.
    Gross
    01-18-2015 04:33 PM
    I keep 'em full.
    Not me. I let it off slowly. Usually around folks I don't care for.
    01-18-2015 05:29 PM
    Zombie thread vered into ridiculousness... closed.
    01-18-2015 05:36 PM
98 ... 234