Have You Ever Had A Bad Experience At An Apple Store Genius Bar?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes. During the IOS 7 debacle, I basically got no help + terrible customer service at Apple. Bad enough to make me leave Apple for a while. But everyone around me kept telling me it was really surprising and that they thought I should try again, blablabla.
Well, I did and I'm glad.

I got an iPad Air, had trouble with the set up and with my Apple ID, and got superb customer service from Apple.
Then I got the iPhone 6 and amidst all the issues with the server crash on 9/19, the fact that Verizon was acting like a jerk with respect to activating devices, 3 Apple employees jumped on the case, it took them 4 hours to get my phone activated and set up but they did and when I left the store, my phone was working.

I think that customer service is especially important with screamingly ignorant techtards like me, lol. Because I will go to whomever sells a device I can operate easily, I have no brains to unravel tech issues and I have the patience of a guppy on crack.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My daughter's Iphone 5 was one of the units outlined for a battery recall. Her serial number matched the Apple website. I went to the Apple store to get the battery replaced and was later told that Apple would not address the recall b/c we had replaced the screen at a non authorized Apple facility. So my question is what does the screen have anything to do with the battery that was tagged for a recall? I would understand if we replaced the battery on our own and Apple would not replace the battery with a correct one, but because our screen was replaced, Apple skirted their responsibility of addressing the recall. It is like a car manufacturer saying that I did not replace my windshield at the dealer and as a result my warranty was voided and a recall that addresses the performance of my car can no longer be addressed. Shame on you Apple. As a small business owner who own 35 Macs, 10 Iphones, I am now in the process of converting away. I am voting with my dollar. I will be trading my daughter's Iphone to get her a Samsung. I am arguing about the merits of their policy, there are times certain circumstances require a little of common sense. Voiding a recall claim based on a screen which has nothing to do with a battery they have admitted is bad, is bad business.

You did something that clearly voided apples warranty. Apple has no idea what the unauthorized person who worked on the phone did to the phone while they are trying to replace the battery. If you went to Apple and had the screen replaced by an authorized person you wouldn't be in this situation. If you had a Samsung and they recalled the battery I can guarantee you that they wouldn't honor it if they knew you cracked open the phone and had an unauthorized person working on the phone.

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. I have been in a few times, when I had my iPhone 5 I have many issues. Every time I was taken care of quickly and with great service. They even replaced my iPhone when it was a week past warranty

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The closest thing to one is my young daughter peed on the floor in the middle of the Apple Store without warning and all of the staff jumped away and ignored requests for calls for paper towels so we could clean it up. It was a mad dash to grab a customer so they would be too occupied to notice.

I wouldn't fault anyone or their system for that of course.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Never at a Genius Bar but yesterday I was walking into an Apple Store and the guy in the front handling the line took his arm to block me so he could ask exactly what I wanted. I know he's trying to filter those who are trying a walk-in for an iPhone 6(+) but it immediately struck a nerve with me. When he took a good look at me I could tell he immediately realized he shouldn't have done that (I don't have a nice person face). I replied "Not here for an iPhone" and walked in. Told me to have a good day when I walked out.

rimbo1234

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I had a bad experience with my MacBook Pro at the Apple Store.
The Genius was really condescending. I was trying to explain my point of view as a customer and she kept interrupting me. It was poor customer service from this individual .

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My daughter's Iphone 5 was one of the units outlined for a battery recall. Her serial number matched the Apple website. I went to the Apple store to get the battery replaced and was later told that Apple would not address the recall b/c we had replaced the screen at a non authorized Apple facility. So my question is what does the screen have anything to do with the battery that was tagged for a recall? I would understand if we replaced the battery on our own and Apple would not replace the battery with a correct one, but because our screen was replaced, Apple skirted their responsibility of addressing the recall. It is like a car manufacturer saying that I did not replace my windshield at the dealer and as a result my warranty was voided and a recall that addresses the performance of my car can no longer be addressed. Shame on you Apple. As a small business owner who own 35 Macs, 10 Iphones, I am now in the process of converting away. I am voting with my dollar. I will be trading my daughter's Iphone to get her a Samsung. I am arguing about the merits of their policy, there are times certain circumstances require a little of common sense. Voiding a recall claim based on a screen which has nothing to do with a battery they have admitted is bad, is bad business.

All those Macs and iPhones and this is your first post, over a battery you are going to spend all that money to switch out systems. It doesn?t make since.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is this " genius bar" a place where they can show how to use apple products?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

The Genius Bar is the support center within an Apple retail store. It's best to make an appointment, as they are almost always very busy. They will assist you with troubleshooting, warranty issues and repairs. The training/learning stuff is typically not done at the Genius Bar.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I was at the Apple Store twice. Once to buy my 5C, and the experience was positive.
The second time was a Genius Bar appointment, for a shattered screen.
They said to come back in 45 minutes.
They did a complete diagnostic test since the phone was dropped, and replaced the screen.
That experience was a positive one as well.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The Genius Bar is the support center within an Apple retail store. It's best to make an appointment, as they are almost always very busy. They will assist you with troubleshooting, warranty issues and repairs. The training/learning stuff is typically not done at the Genius Bar.

We're do the conduct the classes, if any?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
We're do the conduct the classes, if any?

If you go into the Apple Store app. Type in your location, and you will see where your nearest store is. When you click on your store.
You will see at the bottom, workshops etc. good luck.

Vic Rivera

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
If you go into the Apple Store app. Type in your location, and you will see where your nearest store is. When you click on your store.
You will see at the bottom, workshops etc. good luck.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Never at a Genius Bar but yesterday I was walking into an Apple Store and the guy in the front handling the line took his arm to block me so he could ask exactly what I wanted. I know he's trying to filter those who are trying a walk-in for an iPhone 6(+) but it immediately struck a nerve with me. When he took a good look at me I could tell he immediately realized he shouldn't have done that (I don't have a nice person face). I replied "Not here for an iPhone" and walked in. Told me to have a good day when I walked out.

After all this time I've come to associate you with Richard Sherman's face, which makes this post all the more better lol!!

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
The only non positive experience I've had was with my MBP. The keyboard wasn't working because of some alcohol dropped on it. I went to get it replaced (didn't mind paying for it as it was out of warranty) but wouldn't even replace it as the LCIs had been tripped. (How I'm not sure, but with humidity and such it wouldn't be hard.)

Their only option to me was to replace everything internally for like $1200.

I took it to a local Mac repair shop and had the keyboard replaced for a couple hundred bucks and had it back within a few days.

Phone experience, iPad experience, and phone repair experiences have all been good.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not really a bad experience but I had a Genius Bar appointment with a guy that was obviously having a bad day. His attitude was bad so I requested someone else help me. I didn't want to react to his attitude and be known as the crazy lady in the Apple Store.

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Just one bad experience...Bad enough to make me think twice about spending too much money on Apple products. I do feel that customer service use to be much better back in the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro