Never at a Genius Bar but yesterday I was walking into an Apple Store and the guy in the front handling the line took his arm to block me so he could ask exactly what I wanted. I know he's trying to filter those who are trying a walk-in for an iPhone 6(+) but it immediately struck a nerve with me. When he took a good look at me I could tell he immediately realized he shouldn't have done that (I don't have a nice person face). I replied "Not here for an iPhone" and walked in. Told me to have a good day when I walked out.
    09-26-2014 05:44 PM
    Yes, I had a bad experience with my MacBook Pro at the Apple Store.
    The Genius was really condescending. I was trying to explain my point of view as a customer and she kept interrupting me. It was poor customer service from this individual .
    10-01-2014 05:33 PM
    My daughter's Iphone 5 was one of the units outlined for a battery recall. Her serial number matched the Apple website. I went to the Apple store to get the battery replaced and was later told that Apple would not address the recall b/c we had replaced the screen at a non authorized Apple facility. So my question is what does the screen have anything to do with the battery that was tagged for a recall? I would understand if we replaced the battery on our own and Apple would not replace the battery with a correct one, but because our screen was replaced, Apple skirted their responsibility of addressing the recall. It is like a car manufacturer saying that I did not replace my windshield at the dealer and as a result my warranty was voided and a recall that addresses the performance of my car can no longer be addressed. Shame on you Apple. As a small business owner who own 35 Macs, 10 Iphones, I am now in the process of converting away. I am voting with my dollar. I will be trading my daughter's Iphone to get her a Samsung. I am arguing about the merits of their policy, there are times certain circumstances require a little of common sense. Voiding a recall claim based on a screen which has nothing to do with a battery they have admitted is bad, is bad business.
    All those Macs and iPhones and this is your first post, over a battery you are going to spend all that money to switch out systems. It doesnt make since.
    10-01-2014 09:13 PM
    Is this " genius bar" a place where they can show how to use apple products?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-04-2014 05:08 PM
    Is this " genius bar" a place where they can show how to use apple products?

The Genius Bar is the support center within an Apple retail store. It's best to make an appointment, as they are almost always very busy. They will assist you with troubleshooting, warranty issues and repairs. The training/learning stuff is typically not done at the Genius Bar.
    10-04-2014 05:14 PM
    I was at the Apple Store twice. Once to buy my 5C, and the experience was positive.
    The second time was a Genius Bar appointment, for a shattered screen.
    They said to come back in 45 minutes.
    They did a complete diagnostic test since the phone was dropped, and replaced the screen.
    That experience was a positive one as well.
    10-04-2014 05:38 PM
    The Genius Bar is the support center within an Apple retail store. It's best to make an appointment, as they are almost always very busy. They will assist you with troubleshooting, warranty issues and repairs. The training/learning stuff is typically not done at the Genius Bar.
    We're do the conduct the classes, if any?

10-04-2014 05:43 PM

If you go into the Apple Store app. Type in your location, and you will see where your nearest store is. When you click on your store.
    You will see at the bottom, workshops etc. good luck.
    10-04-2014 05:59 PM
    If you go into the Apple Store app. Type in your location, and you will see where your nearest store is. When you click on your store.
    You will see at the bottom, workshops etc. good luck.
    That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

joemd60 likes this.
    10-04-2014 06:13 PM

Apple Retail Store - Workshops
    joemd60 likes this.
    10-04-2014 06:16 PM
    Never at a Genius Bar but yesterday I was walking into an Apple Store and the guy in the front handling the line took his arm to block me so he could ask exactly what I wanted. I know he's trying to filter those who are trying a walk-in for an iPhone 6(+) but it immediately struck a nerve with me. When he took a good look at me I could tell he immediately realized he shouldn't have done that (I don't have a nice person face). I replied "Not here for an iPhone" and walked in. Told me to have a good day when I walked out.
    After all this time I've come to associate you with Richard Sherman's face, which makes this post all the more better lol!!
    10-05-2014 10:44 AM
    The only non positive experience I've had was with my MBP. The keyboard wasn't working because of some alcohol dropped on it. I went to get it replaced (didn't mind paying for it as it was out of warranty) but wouldn't even replace it as the LCIs had been tripped. (How I'm not sure, but with humidity and such it wouldn't be hard.)

Their only option to me was to replace everything internally for like $1200.

I took it to a local Mac repair shop and had the keyboard replaced for a couple hundred bucks and had it back within a few days.

Phone experience, iPad experience, and phone repair experiences have all been good.
    10-05-2014 12:21 PM
    Not really a bad experience but I had a Genius Bar appointment with a guy that was obviously having a bad day. His attitude was bad so I requested someone else help me. I didn't want to react to his attitude and be known as the crazy lady in the Apple Store.
    10-05-2014 01:33 PM
    Just one bad experience...Bad enough to make me think twice about spending too much money on Apple products. I do feel that customer service use to be much better back in the day.
    02-12-2015 05:34 AM
    Just one bad experience...Bad enough to make me think twice about spending too much money on Apple products. I do feel that customer service use to be much better back in the day.
    What was the scenario?
    02-12-2015 07:07 AM
    I have never had a failure with my Apple products to warrant a visit to the Genius bar.
    pr1nce likes this.
    02-12-2015 08:33 AM
    I have never had a failure with my Apple products to warrant a visit to the Genius bar.
    Same here
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-12-2015 09:24 AM
42 12