Can someone live on his iPhone alone?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I can do most everything from my iPhone.

I'm sure you can, but would you want to at its present screen size? ...or would adding, at least, an iPad to the mix makes things much more palatable? My wife lives on her iPhone for all content consumption but when she has to do any work, fill out any forms, or take any training she moves to her MBA. This is why Apple could really use a phablet, for those folks that only want or can only have that one device.

P.S. as much as I generally prefer iOS to Android I must admit that, for me, cursor placement is much easier in Android, as is accessing special characters.

via one of the t@blets

Last edited:

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
It's possible I'm doing it now, and have been for the last 3 months. I don't have wifi at home, because I'm never there. I work nonstop two jobs plus I'm a fighter about to turn pro in the next 6 months. I use my iPhone to restructure my resume with the Apple pages application. From there I landed both of my jobs from craigslist and a jobs website from my browser. when I moved to the city I currently live in to train. I do my scheduling budgeting, banking all from my iPhone. I mean it's my end all be all so I know it can be done.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
There is very little you can't do on an iPhone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

There clearly is a lot I cannot do on my iphone, which I need a desktop for. Then again the iphone relieves me of the need to carry around a laptop at times.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's possible I'm doing it now, and have been for the last 3 months. I don't have wifi at home, because I'm never there. I work nonstop two jobs plus I'm a fighter about to turn pro in the next 6 months. I use my iPhone to restructure my resume with the Apple pages application. From there I landed both of my jobs from craigslist and a jobs website from my browser. when I moved to the city I currently live in to train. I do my scheduling budgeting, banking all from my iPhone. I mean it's my end all be all so I know it can be done.

This is what I like to hear and striving for in the future

Way to go and good luck 👍

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I can say that an iPhone serves about 70% of my non-work related computing needs. My iPad covers about another 20% (for when a larger screen is a necessity). The other 10% would drive me bonkers trying to do it on an iOS device. Look up my rant in the "why doesn't iOS have file management?" thread. Something as simple as uploading a MS Word document onto a website is like pulling teeth on iOS. Other tasks that are dirt easy on a desktop/laptop due to the existence of easy file management and the ability to click and drag elements with a mouse are significantly harder on mobile platform. That being said, my desktop is very rarely touched as my iPhone/iPad take care of *most* of my computing needs. However there are a few things that just can't be done (easily, at least) on a mobile device.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
My late wife did for 3 years and my son never touches a computer anymore outside of school. We have HP Printers at home with e-print enabled and my daughter uses Airprint unless she's doing some design work for one of her classes but for the most part, she's not on her laptop much. I don't know when the last time anyone even used the iPad2 we have other then to update the IOS on it. I rarely get on my laptop except to do a weekly backup to it and do it's weekly backup to our NAS server. If one of my servers go down at the office, I normally just login to the VPN and fix it through that. Yea the screen is hard to read for me at times but that's more due to age then anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2