Unrealistic Expectations?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has Apple's success caused people to have unrealistic expectations of it? Personally speaking, I believe a lot of people do have unrealistic expectations of it. Far too many people expect it to be innovative with EVERYTHING they do, but that's impossible. What say you?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tech media makes crap up just like the rest of the media does... they build something up - then tear it down when it doesn't live up to their created hype...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've heard this before the hype is so overblown people expect it to solve there daily problems

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a device, a really good device, but a device and it works as I need it to. Just haven't figured out how to use the make my morning coffee function yet.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Tech media makes crap up just like the rest of the media does... they build something up - then tear it down when it doesn't live up to their created hype...

This is basically what it boils down to. And now even Samsung is beginning to suffer this when it comes to their flagship phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
People NO I do not think the general public have unrealistic expectations of Apple. I think the Media does and that is why you hear and read rumors about Apple from the media and commercials with iPads side by side other Tablets trying to sell them by features and price.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I like Apple just fine and think this "innovation" thing is something Android loyalists throw around. Why does Apple need to innovate in everything they do? The mobile market is rather mature from where I sit and I don't think we're going to see the kind of "innovation" we've seen in the past until some truly new technologies are possible, ie., holographic displays.

via the tablet

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like Apple just fine and think this "innovation" thing is something Android loyalists throw around. Why does Apple need to innovate in everything they do? The mobile market is rather mature from where I sit and I don't think we're going to see the kind of "innovation" we've seen in the past until some truly new technologies are possible, ie., holographic displays.

via the tablet

I prefer it much more when other companies are the guinea pig when it comes to introducing something new. Like when Motorola tried a fingerprint sensor thing. Apple capitalizes on things like that to make it work better. If Apple incorporated NFC technology into their products, they'd make easier function of it, make it work better, and market it without calling it NFC.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the general public is fine, it's the tech enthusiast community (no doubt fueled by the tech press, which has to keep printing something to stay in business) keeps expecting Apple to make original iPhone/iPad level reveals every single year. It's just simply not feasible unless you want them to keep throwing crap at a wall every year to see what sticks. People forget how long it was between the iPod and iPhone, and iPhone and iPad, with the intervening years being gradual improvements to the existing product lines. Outside of new product categories being created (and we pretty got the main ones covered now), people can't be expected to be wow'ed at every new iPad/iPhone/etc announcement. It's simply not realistic.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I think people just like to be a$$holes. These same people will find the bad in everything...from a beautiful sunny day to the release of an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro