Battery-short iPhone users are 'wall huggers,' quips Blackberry CEO

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no issues with my iPhone(s) battery. They both will last me all day and charge extremely fast if they don't. However my BB Z10 was always dying and definitely didn't charge as quickly.

?Sent from a very sexy device... Rawr?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is coming from the guy running a walking dead company! Actually the BB Z10 has worse battery life than the iPhone 5s but then people actually use iPhones so yeah the battery gets used...

CardsFan314

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

cinematicme

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll take his job for an upfront years salary, give me a year and I bet you I could turn BB around.

1. Executive salary cut and reinvest savings in company
2. Reinvest in R&D/IDT
3. Revise company goals to being in the black, overall profit doesn't matter during a restructure as long as your not losing money.
4. Trim product line to 2-4 devices for specific markets including hardware redesigns and adoption of either android or possibly rebuild from scratch BB10
5. ????????
6. profit!

I'd also try and take the company private, so shareholders aren't yelling about money and ROI the whole time you are trying to restructure and return a company to profitability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
BB use to get great battery life, for me, back in HS/Right after HS but what apps did they offer that's consuming battery? All they had was twitter and Facebook. I won't get into how boring, simple and crappy the apps were. I'd rather enjoy my phone and my "wall hugging" ways (that I didn't know I had).

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
BB use to get great battery life, for me, back in HS/Right after HS but what apps did they offer that's consuming battery? All they had was twitter and Facebook. I won't get into how boring, simple and crappy the apps were. I'd rather enjoy my phone and my "wall hugging" ways (that I didn't know I had).

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

In defense of BBRY, comparing batteries and apps now that BB10 is running OS 10.2.1 is a loss for Apple. But please read on as I'm iPhone 5s user with a lot of BBRY experience I'm just sharing.

The Z10 battery is1800mAh, the Q10 is 2100mAh, and the Z30 is 2880mAh. The iPhone 5s battery is 1440mAh. Now yes, size isn't as important as amount of use. But bottom line if you did the same type and amount of usage on the iPhone 5s versus any BB10 device, there is no comparison when it comes to battery life. BlackBerry wins.

As for apps, with 10.2.1 you can download the Amazon Store and/or Snap. Thus you have direct download access to almost all Android Apps.

Now here's where I stand. My personal device is an iPhone 5s and it's definitely my choice for my personal device. However, I have a work issued BBRY Q10 on BES run through an IT admin. It's definitely my work phone of choice. If I got 150 emails, 300 texts, etc on the iPhone I'd be charging it by noon. The Q10 last from 5:30am to 11:00pm and still has 20% life left.

It's simply a matter of preference depending on what you need your device for. As for these CEO's bantering back and forth publicly, it's ridiculous.

Hopefully, nobody takes this message as a shot at the iPhone as I'm user. I'm merely providing my honest assessment because I believe both iPhone and BlackBerry 10 are great.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Plus, who needs a wall throughout the day if you're equipped w/ a battery case or an external battery?! My UNU battery pack comes in handy everyday.
The reason a BlackBerry "lasts longer" is because of its lack of apps. I remember having my 9000 series (forgot which exactly), and it would last a good day and a half, but all I could do was text, web and Facebook/twitter.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Thought this was funny coming from an irrelevant CEO :)

Battery-short iPhone users are 'wall huggers,' quips Blackberry CEO | The Exchange - Yahoo Finance

"Asked about Apple?s (AAPL) popularity, Chen belittled iPhone users whose batteries run down before the end of the end of the day, forcing them to search for power outlets. ?I call you guys wall huggers,? he quipped."

Comparatively speaking, I think of all the platforms, iphones need the most charging. That being said, they can get me through a day just fine, but I'm not everybody. Heck, I hope the iphone 6 has a nice big battery. I know Apple is all about thinness and such but I wouldn't mind a thicker phone with a bigger battery!

Don't be so quick to tear down others, his opinion is just as valid as yours. And thats all it is, an opinion

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
If you read my post above I'm an iPhone 5s user for my personal device. Have a BlackBerry Q10 for work with BES through an IT admin.

In defense, with OS 10.2.1 you can download the Amazon Store and Snap which allows you direct access to 85% of the Android Apps.

As for battery, iPhone 5s 1440mAh doesn't begin to compare to BB10's:

Z10: 1800mAh
Q10: 2100mAh
Z30: 2880mAh

So BlackBerry has the apps and the power.

Remember, I'm not criticizing iPhone, I'm a 5s user. But I get 150 emails and 300 texts a day easy. My iPhone would be dead by noon. My Q10 gets me from 5:30am to 11:00pm and still has 20% life left.

Both OS's are great. It's about individual preference, that's all.

Plus, who needs a wall throughout the day if you're equipped w/ a battery case or an external battery?! My UNU battery pack comes in handy everyday.
The reason a BlackBerry "lasts longer" is because of its lack of apps. I remember having my 9000 series (forgot which exactly), and it would last a good day and a half, but all I could do was text, web and Facebook/twitter.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If you read my post above I'm an iPhone 5s user for my personal device. Have a BlackBerry Q10 for work with BES through an IT admin.

In defense, with OS 10.2.1 you can download the Amazon Store and Snap which allows you direct access to 85% of the Android Apps.

As for battery, iPhone 5s 1440mAh doesn't begin to compare to BB10's:

Z10: 1800mAh
Q10: 2100mAh
Z30: 2880mAh

So BlackBerry has the apps and the power.

Remember, I'm not criticizing iPhone, I'm a 5s user. But I get 150 emails and 300 texts a day easy. My iPhone would be dead by noon. My Q10 gets me from 5:30am to 11:00pm and still has 20% life left.

Both OS's are great. It's about individual preference, that's all.

Totally agree with you. I haven't touched BB OS since 2011ish, so I can't necessarily talk on it, but I easily get a whole day on my iPhone, with moderate to heavy use. But yes,
All on personal preference. 😁

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
However, Chen described iPhone users with a demeaning analogy, 'wallhuggers.' That means a good ten other things in addition to using the wall socket to charge a phone. Just saying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods