So...๐Ÿ’ญ...AT&T has these new family plans...is 10GB sufficient enough, why or why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-05-2014 09:33 PM
    If you do alot of video streaming, and do stuff that requires moving tons of data (read: heavy duty video), 10 GB wouldn't be enough lol.

However, if you just want to look up Kim Kardashian all day on Google, no prob.

(Plus, I think a good sized family would be okay with 10 GB anyways)
    03-05-2014 09:35 PM
    Obviously it depends on your usage. I have 4 lines on a 4gb per month plan with Verizon. We have never gone over on data. We're on wifi most of the time.
    03-05-2014 09:38 PM
    My wife and I recently upgraded to 4G iPhones and we're blowing through the data now. That's probably thanks mostly to Netflix though.

By blowing through I mean, 4GB in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-05-2014 09:42 PM
    Similar to Pr1nce, we have three Verizon lines. While at work, data usage is minimal since we have to work.

With WiFi on at home and other trusted locations, 4GB has been enough even with me tethering some for work laptop VPN access. Streaming, app updates, etc. all flow over WiFi.
    03-05-2014 09:59 PM
    I just got on the 10GB plan earlier today. It just depends on how much that you use. Our four lines average around 6GB a month. We're all connected to WiFi most of the time, so it's a good amount for us.

03-05-2014 10:54 PM
    In the uk I have a pay as you go plan 15 a month gets me text calls and unlimited data. Typically I use around 80gb a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-06-2014 02:11 AM
    In the uk I have a pay as you go plan 15 a month gets me text calls and unlimited data. Typically I use around 80gb a month.

80GB?!? I thought my 30GB usage was insane. What duo you do to reach those levels?

Which provider do you have?
    03-06-2014 08:13 AM
    Just as an update. I checked my numbers this morning. My wife and I have used about four gigs each. I've only had my phone since last Friday. We've been using the LTE service instead of WiFi at home because it's much, much faster.
    03-06-2014 08:32 AM
    80GB?!? I thought my 30GB usage was insane. What duo you do to reach those levels?

Which provider do you have?
    My provider is 3. I download around 3gb a day mostly TV shows I follow or bbc Iplayer.

03-06-2014 09:29 AM
    If you do alot of video streaming, and do stuff that requires moving tons of data (read: heavy duty video), 10 GB wouldn't be enough lol.

However, if you just want to look up Kim Kardashian all day on Google, no prob.

(Plus, I think a good sized family would be okay with 10 GB anyways)
    Lol! ๐Ÿ˜„ That's true. It's only 2 of us sharing this pool of data.

03-06-2014 01:59 PM
    Obviously it depends on your usage. I have 4 lines on a 4gb per month plan with Verizon. We have never gone over on data. We're on wifi most of the time.
    Wifi makes all the more different. I have wifi at home but at work, it's very secure so I'm on my providers network.

03-06-2014 02:00 PM
    My wife and I recently upgraded to 4G iPhones and we're blowing through the data now. That's probably thanks mostly to Netflix though.

By blowing through I mean, 4GB in a couple of weeks.

I too am an avid Netflix user, but try to limit using it when not on wifi since it's easy to get caught up into whatever I'm watching, not relaxing I'm on the providers network. Have you guys ever gone over data with being limited to 4G?

03-06-2014 02:02 PM
    Similar to Pr1nce, we have three Verizon lines. While at work, data usage is minimal since we have to work.

With WiFi on at home and other trusted locations, 4GB has been enough even with me tethering some for work laptop VPN access. Streaming, app updates, etc. all flow over WiFi.
    I'm the same when at work but sometimes I do play Netflix just to hear it while working.

03-06-2014 02:04 PM
    I just got on the 10GB plan earlier today. It just depends on how much that you use. Our four lines average around 6GB a month. We're all connected to WiFi most of the time, so it's a good amount for us.

That's good to know. I'm considering adding 2 more family members to make a total of 4 of us that would share the 10GB data pool. The other 2 people don't have wifi at home though so I'm thinking heavily about it before proceeding.

03-06-2014 02:05 PM

๐Ÿ˜ฌ....80GB?????? What in the world do you do with your data? Wow...woe! That's a first I've ever heard for data usage! Lol, there's gotta to be behind that usage. Lol๐Ÿ˜ฒ

03-06-2014 02:07 PM
    Just as an update. I checked my numbers this morning. My wife and I have used about four gigs each. I've only had my phone since last Friday. We've been using the LTE service instead of WiFi at home because it's much, much faster.
    Wow! That's quite a bit of usage since it's only been since last Friday and you still have the remainder of the billing cycle to go with that same data pool. Good luck!๐Ÿ˜…

03-06-2014 02:09 PM
    I don't monitor my data usage being unlimited for so many years but I do a lot of YouTube and Nav apps

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    tinktink09is likes this.
    03-06-2014 02:23 PM
    I too am an avid Netflix user, but try to limit using it when not on wifi since it's easy to get caught up into whatever I'm watching, not relaxing I'm on the providers network. Have you guys ever gone over data with being limited to 4G?

I'm on an older unlimited Verizon plan. I plan on milking it for all I can get until they force me out of it.

rustymini and tinktink09is like this.
    03-06-2014 02:27 PM
    So...๐Ÿ’ญ...AT&T has these new family plans...is 10GB sufficient enough, why or why not?

That would vary per person. I have a 6 GB data plan and I use most of it per month and I don't have LTE in my area (my 3G speeds are 7-18 Mbps). So I would say look back your usage for the past few months and see if it's worth it, If it is then go for it but I would still watch the usage for a few months and adjust as needed.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    03-06-2014 03:04 PM
    I don't monitor my data usage being unlimited for so many years but I do a lot of YouTube and Nav apps

Yeah, good point, video and or streaming or any combination of the two would greatly increase your data usage.

Which is important to note.
    03-06-2014 05:50 PM
    I'm on an older unlimited Verizon plan. I plan on milking it for all I can get until they force me out of it.

Lucky you and I don't blame you there lol!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-06-2014 11:15 PM

Having unlimited is a sweet incentive. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-06-2014 11:16 PM
    3 lines share 1 gb here but we do our stuff on wifi

Shannon's iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-09-2014 01:52 PM
    For me, 2GB is enough for two 5s' and two LTE iPads with data to spare.

{iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 ๏ฃฟ
    03-09-2014 05:49 PM
26 12