How much data is enough per month between 2 lines??

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you do alot of video streaming, and do stuff that requires moving tons of data (read: heavy duty video), 10 GB wouldn't be enough lol.

However, if you just want to look up Kim Kardashian all day on Google, no prob.

(Plus, I think a good sized family would be okay with 10 GB anyways)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Obviously it depends on your usage. I have 4 lines on a 4gb per month plan with Verizon. We have never gone over on data. We're on wifi most of the time.

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I recently upgraded to 4G iPhones and we're blowing through the data now. That's probably thanks mostly to Netflix though.

By blowing through I mean, 4GB in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Similar to Pr1nce, we have three Verizon lines. While at work, data usage is minimal since we have to work.

With WiFi on at home and other trusted locations, 4GB has been enough even with me tethering some for work laptop VPN access. Streaming, app updates, etc. all flow over WiFi.

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got on the 10GB plan earlier today. It just depends on how much that you use. Our four lines average around 6GB a month. We're all connected to WiFi most of the time, so it's a good amount for us.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
In the uk I have a pay as you go plan ?15 a month gets me text calls and unlimited data. Typically I use around 80gb a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Just as an update. I checked my numbers this morning. My wife and I have used about four gigs each. I've only had my phone since last Friday. We've been using the LTE service instead of WiFi at home because it's much, much faster.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
If you do alot of video streaming, and do stuff that requires moving tons of data (read: heavy duty video), 10 GB wouldn't be enough lol.

However, if you just want to look up Kim Kardashian all day on Google, no prob.

(Plus, I think a good sized family would be okay with 10 GB anyways)

Lol! 😄 That's true. It's only 2 of us sharing this pool of data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Obviously it depends on your usage. I have 4 lines on a 4gb per month plan with Verizon. We have never gone over on data. We're on wifi most of the time.

Wifi makes all the more different. I have wifi at home but at work, it's very secure so I'm on my providers network.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I recently upgraded to 4G iPhones and we're blowing through the data now. That's probably thanks mostly to Netflix though.

By blowing through I mean, 4GB in a couple of weeks.

I too am an avid Netflix user, but try to limit using it when not on wifi since it's easy to get caught up into whatever I'm watching, not relaxing I'm on the providers network. Have you guys ever gone over data with being limited to 4G?

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Similar to Pr1nce, we have three Verizon lines. While at work, data usage is minimal since we have to work.

With WiFi on at home and other trusted locations, 4GB has been enough even with me tethering some for work laptop VPN access. Streaming, app updates, etc. all flow over WiFi.

I'm the same when at work but sometimes I do play Netflix just to hear it while working.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got on the 10GB plan earlier today. It just depends on how much that you use. Our four lines average around 6GB a month. We're all connected to WiFi most of the time, so it's a good amount for us.

That's good to know. I'm considering adding 2 more family members to make a total of 4 of us that would share the 10GB data pool. The other 2 people don't have wifi at home though so I'm thinking heavily about it before proceeding.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
In the uk I have a pay as you go plan ?15 a month gets me text calls and unlimited data. Typically I use around 80gb a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

😬....80GB?????? What in the world do you do with your data? Wow...woe! That's a first I've ever heard for data usage! Lol, there's gotta to be behind that usage. Lol😲

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just as an update. I checked my numbers this morning. My wife and I have used about four gigs each. I've only had my phone since last Friday. We've been using the LTE service instead of WiFi at home because it's much, much faster.

Wow! That's quite a bit of usage since it's only been since last Friday and you still have the remainder of the billing cycle to go with that same data pool. Good luck!😅

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't monitor my data usage being unlimited for so many years but I do a lot of YouTube and Nav apps

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I too am an avid Netflix user, but try to limit using it when not on wifi since it's easy to get caught up into whatever I'm watching, not relaxing I'm on the providers network. Have you guys ever gone over data with being limited to 4G?

I'm on an older unlimited Verizon plan. I plan on milking it for all I can get until they force me out of it.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So...💭...AT&T has these new family plans...is 10GB sufficient enough, why or why not?

That would vary per person. I have a 6 GB data plan and I use most of it per month and I don't have LTE in my area (my 3G speeds are 7-18 Mbps). So I would say look back your usage for the past few months and see if it's worth it, If it is then go for it but I would still watch the usage for a few months and adjust as needed.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW