Switching from an iPhone to another device? Post Here!

jb_ez86

May 20, 2018
Visit site
I have been back and forth between iPhone and Samsung. As far as flexibility I prefer Apple because I have all my needed documents with me at all time because of iCloud. if I don't have my Mac BookPro with we my documents are on my iPhone 8 Plus.

But on the other hand entertainment wise being able to have certain movie apps on the Android software makes it far easier. I can watch all the movies I want and mirror it to my TV with having to reinstall the app every time there's a new update (as the apps stop working correctly on iOS).

So its a preference. What works more for you on daily.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Google Drive and OneDrive are actual things that do the same things just as well on Android ;-)

"Keeping my documents with me" is not a consideration worth pondering... This problem was solved over half a decade ago across all platforms - dead and alive.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn’t switch from an iPhone, but rather an iPad Air to a Samsung Tab A 8.0. I’ve been wanting to dabble in android software for quite sometime now and when the new year rang in I treated myself to a new tablet ! Needless to say I’m pretty happy with it and having it just over a day, I’ve love customizing it. This definitely makes me want to get an S9+ or a Note 9 ! There’s still things I need to learn on it but I like the user experience so far.

fcfa74555f182768cad8a99347bdb7b6.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn’t switch from an iPhone, but rather an iPad Air to a Samsung Tab A 8.0. I’ve been wanting to dabble in android software for quite sometime now and when the new year rang in I treated myself to a new tablet ! Needless to say I’m pretty happy with it and having it just over a day, I’ve love customizing it. This definitely makes me want to get an S9+ or a Note 9 ! There’s still things I need to learn on it but I like the user experience so far.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/fcfa74555f182768cad8a99347bdb7b6.jpg

ENJOY. I think I need some customization in my life also..LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ENJOY. I think I need some customization in my life also..LOL

Thank you ! I’m definitely enjoying this.....ahhhh reminds me of those blackberry days...themes custom Bw icons and uccw ! Here’s my updated screen just to temp you a little more LOL maybe you don’t want all pink stuff but you get the hint 🤪🤪🤪

47688a1a9b6c506952f8c9875885439d.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you ! I’m definitely enjoying this.....ahhhh reminds me of those blackberry days...themes custom Bw icons and uccw ! Here’s my updated screen just to temp you a little more LOL maybe you don’t want all pink stuff but you get the hint

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/47688a1a9b6c506952f8c9875885439d.jpg

LOL . Oh how I miss those custom themes from our Blackberry days. I actually had a theme where my name scrolled across the top of the screen.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
switched to andriod and this interface is urgly, not comfortable

Ok which is it, Face ID not working with your beard, 6s lagging with the most recent beta, iOS interface is ugly. Anyway, Enjoy whichever Android you decided on. Good Luck. STOP SPAMMING

david818

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Going to switch to the iPhone 11 this year. Currently using the note 9 I've grown tired of the curved screen and not being able to find a glass screen protector.

TurnerBell

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
This is the hardest thing in the world, I guess! I had 5c and I recently bought a Samsung A50. I am not liking the interface and transitions. Plus, security matters.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
This is the hardest thing in the world, I guess! I had 5c and I recently bought a Samsung A50. I am not liking the interface and transitions. Plus, security matters.

Android and iOS both have advantages and disadvantages compared to each other. You’d be surprised at how Android is more secure than you think, especially on Samsung and Google Pixel phones (Knox and Titan M). I freaked out when I realised that in Russia/China iPhones were easily hacked..and sometimes Apple even cooperated!

Soni Singh1

Sep 4, 2019
Visit site
Its hard for people to switching in android,from iPhone, when you are habitual to it. I am facing problem to run now android.Its functioning and pocket friendly size is tremendous.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just switched from an iPhone X to a Note 10+, after using an OnePlus for some months as my secondary device. Absolutely no regrets until this time. Yes, Android is a completely different beast, with some elements that annoyed me a lot. But, in the other hand, it has some elements that, frankly, I feel more comfortable to use than I felt with iOS. So, right now, I'm not looking ways to come back. Maybe next year, when Apple revamps completely iPhone design. But, then, we will have the new Surface Duo... Let's see.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Glad to hear some have switched and are enjoying their new devices :)

Many Android OEMs have apps to make the switch much easier...and I have to say they’ve done a good job.

Switch to whatever device you want :)

beerwine

Oct 16, 2019
Visit site
Android and iOS both have advantages and disadvantages compared to each other. You’d be surprised at how Android is more secure than you think, especially on Samsung and Google Pixel phones (Knox and Titan M). I freaked out when I realised that in Russia/China iPhones were easily hacked..and sometimes Apple even cooperated!

I agree with you. I was an iPhone user for a long time. I switched to Android and I could say for me, in my opinion is better. I guess it depends on what you are expecting and what your usual phone activities are.