Switching from an iPhone to another device? Post Here!

ChadLyons

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I am actually in the opposite boat, so to speak. I started off with an iphone 4 and then upgraded to the 4s. After that i joined the samsung galaxy family but have found my way back with the new iPhone 7. I attribute my switch back to the fact that it was easier to integrate my iMac and other devices with the use of my phone. As opposed to having to download an android file reader on my computer simply to access my files. This is not a knock on other devices but simply saying that the iPhone works best with the setup I have

roonirohn

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
I had an android phone two years back than i switch to apple Iphone 5. Now I am again comming back to android, Oneplus 3.

Its a good phone with all features which I want.

ChrisS9938

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm very close. I have a 6, I'm not spending $1000 or more on a phone, and if the 7s plus is exactly like the 7 plus with some better features, I'm out. Probably to the G6 or S8, depending on what the other big Android companies put out. How can Apple win me back with the 7s? 5.5 inch OLED display or the industries best LCD display. A larger LCD display. Now that the home button is capacitive, it could be squashed a bit, and there is a lot of room at the top. I would buy a 7s plus with a 5.8 inch display. A super-huge battery, quick charging, and some of the features, like facial recognition, that are coming on the "edition". On the OS side, an app drawer! I know, its the most android of android features, but I use a Pixel C at work and its incredibly handy to have the dozen or so apps I use heavily on the desktop and the rest in a convenient file. Also, Apple's had the same interface since it started! It's familiar, but its also behind the times.

Edwin Jacob

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
I have a 6S and I have been using iPhones for the last 6 years. Though the ecosystem is not as closed off as it used to be, its still lets me down a lot as I like to customize the phone to my liking. I have always jailbroken all my iDevices except for the 6S. Once the phone is jailbroken, its almost perfect (sometimes buggy but still great).

I got my wife the OnePlus 3T and that phone is pretty awesome except for the kinda crappy speakers. If the anniversary iPhone is gonna be very similar to last years phone then I think I will be switching to an Android phone next year.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the original iPhone, I have always used iPhones although I have skipped a few such as the 5, 6 and 7. I have a 6+,6S, 6S+, 5S and SE.

I also have numerous Android phones and no matter what new Android phone I get, I will always use an iPhone too. I do have three lines on T-Mobile.

My next phone will be the Note 8, I'm skipping the S8. My 6S+ is still my daily and I leave my S7 Edge at home most days.

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
I want to buy galaxy s8, I think it's really a breakthrough. Android is always easier with music, photos and applications. Try so you can compare and make the right choice for yourself

ChrisS9938

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I want to buy galaxy s8, I think it's really a breakthrough. Android is always easier with music, photos and applications. Try so you can compare and make the right choice for yourself

I found the S8 and S8 Plus very underwhelming. I actually liked the G6 better, though the display is not as nice. I don't like the "infinity" display. It looks beautiful in commercials with the matching background, but in reality I found it hard to hold. Beyond the display, its basically my son's S7.

perrito11

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Moving on from the iPhone 6 to Nexus 6P. The fact is, Google services are generally better than Apple services for me (Google Now > Siri, Gmail > email app, etc) and it feels like Apple is becoming more and more aggressive in getting its users to use subpar services.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I found the S8 and S8 Plus very underwhelming. I actually liked the G6 better, though the display is not as nice. I don't like the "infinity" display. It looks beautiful in commercials with the matching background, but in reality I found it hard to hold. Beyond the display, its basically my son's S7.

I don't think the phone is underwhelming, from my experience with it. I think all devices are overhyped these days, without exceptions. Tech blogs are always making sure they don't burn bridges, because they want access to events, devices, and the information flow (leaks, insider info, etc.).

I do somewhat agree about the infinity screen. It looks better than it actually functions from a practical standpoint. Unless you have a case on the phone, it's an absolute nightmare to hold the phone without constantly hitting the screen.

On the flip side, I also agree with the person you quoted. Android is just way better than iOS when it comes to managing media and data on your device. It really feels like a stand-alone device that can function completely on its own, independent of any other. The iPhone still feels like an Accessory to a power user.

Haskerty

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
In terms of safety, no matter you are going to transfer or switch iPhone to other device , especially different operating equipment , it will be difficult to accomplish this task

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm probably going to go to the Note 9 when it comes out.

I've been trying to get into Video Editing and footage from the iPhone is so hilariously incompatible with all the software I have (on Windows, my high end PC) that it isn't even funny. I can't use the phone to record anything without jumping through all sorts of hoops due to the container Apple uses, and installing QuickTime is not an option when it's unsupported and can contain hilarious security exploits at this point in time (which will never be patched).

My Vegas won't open it. The copy of VideoStudio I have opens them, but the video is black while the audio plays.

I've spent the last two days trying to scour the internet for a solution. I can't deal with this.

Apple needs to use more universal CODECs and [especially] containers for the media these phones produce - or at least build in the capability so we can use a third party app to do it (similar to what they did with DNG for photos).

If this isn't in iOS 12, I'm definitely going to jump ship to Android... Gotta let Google raid your privacy just to enjoy a camera phone that uses accessible containers that don't require out-of-support software to work with on an OS with 85%+ marketshare...

I'm starting to doubt Apple cares or even is clued in about how awful their user experience can be for a lot of people. This should not be a thing.

Downloading "Most Compatible" barely work at iCloud.com. Photos transcodes automatically when you drag things out of it. You have to dig through the Library Package on a Mac just to reliably get the Originals, and then you still have to transfer the files to the PC and transcode them just to make them usable.

I will switch platforms before I spend another $3-400 for a meager +1 version upgrade on my NLE just to work with these ****ty .MOV files.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm just now using a BB KeyOne. My iPhone X unfortunately are on warranty service repair - issues with touchscreen, a very common issue with this model said me the technician.

Actually enjoying a lot this little weird device.

Dennis Atkins

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
I did the switch in the opposite direction.

I went from Windows Mobile and stuck with it till Windows Phone 10. When rumors about the dead of WP came up, I switched to Android. I was very happy with WP and Android just can't catch up to it, even in 2018. So after a year with phones using Google's OS I just bought an iPhone and well, here I am.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2