Switching from an iPhone to another device? Post Here!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
"Android phones are a bit easier to use and more popular"....I'm not to sure about this sentence/statement...LOL . To each their own. Just hope your happy with the device you choose.

And you have some people here who use both and all lol! You can't pay me to give up my iPhone SE or my Honor 8. I said up thread that I might switch but I honestly switch between the two as I want and I really like it.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
At this time, there's no equal to the iPhone SE package on Windows Phone or Android, so for the first time in months, I'm trying to see if I can get through a month only using it.

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Ive been an android user for about 7 years now.. Im really considering jumping to a iphone 7 plus 128 or 256 gb.. Im just dont want to regret the move

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
My phone list since moving to a smart phone:

1. BlackBerry 7100
2. BlackBerry 8703
3. BlackBerry Pearl 8130
4. BlackBerry 8830
5. BlackBerry Curve 9330
6. BlackBerry Bold 9650
7. BlackBerry Storm (PIECE OF ****)
8. BlackBerry Tour 9630
9. BlackBerry Torch 9850 (AMAZING)
10. BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 (Best EVER)
11. iPhone 4
12. iPhone 5
13. BlackBerry Z10
14. BlackBerry Q10
15. BlackBerry Z30
16. iPhone 5s
17. BlackBerry Passport
18. BlackBerry Classic
19. iPhone 6 (Space Gray)
20. BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9983
21. iPhone 6 (Gold)
22. BlackBerry PRIV (Android Fail 1)
23. iPhone 6s (Space Gray)
24. iPhone 6s (Gold)
25. iPhone 7
26. BlackBerry DTEK50 (Wanted to like)
27. Google Pixel

I'm back to using the iPhone 7 as my personal device and an iPhone 6s is work issued. I've tried Android so many times. I will give the BlackBerry "Mercury" running Android Nougat a try when released but this is my last go round. I'm bored of iOS but everybody else over complicates things I feel.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My phone list since moving to a smart phone:

1. BlackBerry 7100
2. BlackBerry 8703
3. BlackBerry Pearl 8130
4. BlackBerry 8830
5. BlackBerry Curve 9330
6. BlackBerry Bold 9650
7. BlackBerry Storm (PIECE OF ****)
8. BlackBerry Tour 9630
9. BlackBerry Torch 9850 (AMAZING)
10. BlackBerry Bold Touch 9930 (Best EVER)
11. iPhone 4
12. iPhone 5
13. BlackBerry Z10
14. BlackBerry Q10
15. BlackBerry Z30
16. iPhone 5s
17. BlackBerry Passport
18. BlackBerry Classic
19. iPhone 6 (Space Gray)
20. BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9983
21. iPhone 6 (Gold)
22. BlackBerry PRIV (Android Fail 1)
23. iPhone 6s (Space Gray)
24. iPhone 6s (Gold)
25. iPhone 7
26. BlackBerry DTEK50 (Wanted to like)
27. Google Pixel

I'm back to using the iPhone 7 as my personal device and an iPhone 6s is work issued. I've tried Android so many times. I will give the BlackBerry "Mercury" running Android Nougat a try when released but this is my last go round. I'm bored of iOS but everybody else over complicates things I feel.

That's quite a list and it actually had me thinking about how many I had on your list of smartphones. I actually had eight of them only two was missing (Samsung SG3 & Note3).

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
That's quite a list and it actually had me thinking about how many I had on your list of smartphones. I actually had eight of them only two was missing (Samsung SG3 & Note3).

It was a toss up between S7 Active and Pixel and I went Pixel. Something tells me if I went to Android first I'd be all Android, but went to iOS instead and now can't get use to Android. I'm cautiously optimistic about the BlackBerry Mercury. Will have to see.

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
It was a toss up between S7 Active and Pixel and I went Pixel. Something tells me if I went to Android first I'd be all Android, but went to iOS instead and now can't get use to Android. I'm cautiously optimistic about the BlackBerry Mercury. Will have to see.

I'm excited to see the Blackberry Mercury and may buy it if it arrives on Verizon. I had the Priv for quite a while and really enjoyed it. Rocking the iPhone 7 matte black at the moment.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Man my list is about this long as well, I would have to add a couple of devices like the sidekicks, iphone 2g, 3g,3gs,4 and 4s. its some android phones I had also but just like you said android just over complicates things.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm really thinking about switching. iPhones in the last 5 years have almost always had a hardware issue.

I hear ya. The switch isn't an easy one. But good luck if you decide.

I feel the switch from BlackBerry or Android to iPhone is easiest cause it works "out of the box", but if you use stock Android it's very similar except the reliance on Google apps. If you're using an iPhone but have your contacts, photos, and calendar sync'd to a Gmail account the transition is seamless.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, in my case i got an Iphone along with my Samsung Galaxy S7. I just cannot leave me precious possessions

Must be nice to have two quality devices at one time. I remember when I had three (iPhone 5s, Blackberry Z10 and Samsung Note3) devices and at that time all were premium devices and I enjoyed all three, but when I left the house my iPhone always seem to be the one with me. That's when I made the decision to just have one device....needless to say, but I choose the iPhone and haven't looked back.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Must be nice to have two quality devices at one time. I remember when I had three (iPhone 5s, Blackberry Z10 and Samsung Note3) devices and at that time all were premium devices and I enjoyed all three, but when I left the house my iPhone always seem to be the one with me. That's when I made the decision to just have one device....needless to say, but I choose the iPhone and haven't looked back.

I'm starting to get this concept. It's nice that the iPhone generally works well even though it has hiccups too, here and there. Even though I still like my Honor 8 and Lumia 650 quite a bit, my iPhone offers the least amount of compromises.

It's been refreshing to just use and not think about it.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
It's kind of funny. The more the iPhone and other devices advance the less I seem to want out of a phone. Apparently the average person glances at their phone or checks their phone 150 times per day for about a minute. That's 2.5 hours. That's a lot of time especially when it doesn't consider more than a 1 minute glance check in.

So my iPhone 7 128GB is ready to be sold. I have officially removed Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter from my life. I'm am a heavy LinkedIn user and like the forums. Not a huge camera and picture guy.

I can get about $600 cash for my iPhone 7 and buy an SE for $449 and have $150 left over. It makes sense. I don't need the screen real estate. I just need phone, email, text and a few apps.

Yea, so I'm thinking the SE is a good fit to change things up. Only issue is a work issued 6s. Having 2 different size phones and keyboards can be annoying.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It's kind of funny. The more the iPhone and other devices advance the less I seem to want out of a phone. Apparently the average person glances at their phone or checks their phone 150 times per day for about a minute. That's 2.5 hours. That's a lot of time especially when it doesn't consider more than a 1 minute glance check in.

So my iPhone 7 128GB is ready to be sold. I have officially removed Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter from my life. I'm am a heavy LinkedIn user and like the forums. Not a huge camera and picture guy.

I can get about $600 cash for my iPhone 7 and buy an SE for $449 and have $150 left over. It makes sense. I don't need the screen real estate. I just need phone, email, text and a few apps.

Yea, so I'm thinking the SE is a good fit to change things up. Only issue is a work issued 6s. Having 2 different size phones and keyboards can be annoying.

Maybe make a list of pros and cons. Good luck with your decision!

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
So when the SE first came out I had a 6s work issued and a 6s for personal use. I went to the SE for personal use and loved it. Then the 7 came out and I jumped to the 7. For me based on my phone needs the only con and I mean this is typing on two different size keyboards. Between work and personal I'm good for 200+ emails, 500+ texts a day easy. So sometimes as silly as it sounds the muscle memory makes going from the 6s/7 keyboard to the SE Keyboard slightly difficult. Crazy, but again I'm finally a phone minimalist where I only need email, text, calls but no way I could give up keyboard, and go back to flip, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73