Switching from an iPhone to another device? Post Here!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I remember seeing this thread the first time I looked in this forum, and I wondered why it was here. I find it interesting that this thread exists on Windows Central, and iMore but not Android Central.

Anyway, I really like the iphone SE but I have had this lust of trying the Nextbit Robin for awhile. I'm finally trying it and I'm liking it. As sad as this might sound, I fight with myself about this (not serious fighting, just more like internal debate). Using other services is easier on the iPhone for sure, but it seems like I might have found a possible workaround to make this work almost similarly on Android. It's too early to say what I would do, but I feel the need to try this out before I decide if I will be buying AppleCare+ for my SE or not.

Somehow forgot to add that with Android, there are different ones, you can be slightly different with having a different phone. iPhone, there's only one phone in different sizes (thankful for the sizes but I'm just saying). As someone once said, With Android, you can be different with the inside and outside of your phone. With iPhone, your case is pretty much what makes the difference.

Not saying that it is something that everyone should care about, it's really just an observation. Coming from Windows Phone with colorful, removable backs, iOS is super different in that aspect.

Last edited:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Wow that's funny. I moved from a Galaxy note 5 to an iPhone 6s for the reasons you state. I find the iPhone just works.

I agree! My buddy has a Google Nexus and he constantly gets annoying popups when trying to upload an app, neither of us could find a way to clear the box if we wanted to proceed.

iPhones just work, there are no popups or demanding to do a survey before installing apps, etc. I could NEVER put up with that.

There was an interesting podcast I was listening to, and they mentioned if you do get an android phone it's probably better to get a Nexus because it's Google's own and therefore better supported and you will get the updates before Samsung or another Android would. Also apparently the adoption rate for updating the latest iOS is far greater than anything from android users probably because it can be delayed Months, supposedly.

I am more than happy with my 9900 Blackberry and 5C.

Mrluky

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
why note 3,get the note 4 its cheap now.I have the 5se and note 4. its a good combo if you have to have 2 phones like me.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm torn with this. On one hand, I want to switch because of the lack of customization and Android can give me that. On the other hand, iOS has its advantages, especially when it comes to troubleshooting and not having to do a hard reset or clearing the partition to make stuff work. My Nextbit Robin was mostly set up from the jump but I had to go in and change a line in APN settings in order to send and receive MMS.

I don't get why in 2016, something has to give.

7ftRussian

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of good points here about switching to Android, and with new Galaxy Note 7 it's so tempting. But what if you are in the situation where, me for example, one has iMac, iPhone (6 plus) an iPad and apple watch. All that seem to work so well together that I am really having a hard time giving it up. I think I will get the iPhone 7 plus, because of all the new perks (more RAM and better camera, Battery, etc) But I do see myself in near future trying on another Galaxy note. I just hope that android OS has better way of using battery, because it drains way faster than iPhone ever has.

Deaverl

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I recently switched from my iPhone 6 Plus to a OnePlus 3. I miss out on a few nice iOS features like swiping right to go back and the video stabilization. But still, I'm impressed by the kind of quality you can get for less than half the price of an iPhone.

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I recently switched from my iPhone 6 Plus to a OnePlus 3. I miss out on a few nice iOS features like swiping right to go back and the video stabilization. But still, I'm impressed by the kind of quality you can get for less than half the price of an iPhone.

Yeah, that's the good thing about Android. Some really good devices can be gotten for cheap. A $400 OnePlus 3 is a steal. No longer do you need to pay an arm and a leg for a good Android phone.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I might... Ordering last night was stressful, I found out too late that my phone wouldn't be delivered until the 29th and I won't be home that week. Then Apple has the balls to tell you "Oh, but you can edit your order, follow this link" and NO: you can only cancel but not actually change your order.
Ok then.
So I cancelled my order, I'm saving my money and if my 6 Plus falls apart, I'll be getting a Nexus.
Frankly Apple can go diddle itself with a live octopus for all a care at this point.
When you charge the kind of prices Apple charges, the least you can do is come up with the shipping dates you actually promised.

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously considering going from the HTC One M8 to the iPhone 7. I am tired of not getting updates for more than 2 years. 5 Years is great!

Cheers

evenmed

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy S5 and recently back to an iPhone 6S. The iPhone is just so much nicer to handle. It runs more smoothly, and just somehow feels more "elegant" to use. Android does have some great features like widgets and more customization options but it's nothing that I miss now that I'm back with Apple.

agnxm

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I've always had android phones, this is my first iphone and I gotta say I love it, but what really bugs me about it is that its so much harder to for example transfer music or pictures. Android phones were easier to use, but anyways, apple still got me.

kristenelaine1991

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the iphone 5s. and I am really considering dropping iphone and going for an android. I'm just so unhappy with my iphone. Not sure if I should upgrade to a newer iphone or go for an android.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the iphone 5s. and I am really considering dropping iphone and going for an android. I'm just so unhappy with my iphone. Not sure if I should upgrade to a newer iphone or go for an android.

I suggest visiting a store that has working models of iPhones and Android phones?like a Best Buy or a carrier store?to help you with your decision. Put some thought into it. What do you not like about your current iPhone? Is it a non-issue in the newer iPhones or Android devices? What are the trade offs for switching? People often find that the grass isn't any greener on the other side. Then again, sometimes they're glad they made the switch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suggest visiting a store that has working models of iPhones and Android phones?like a Best Buy or a carrier store?to help you with your decision. Put some thought into it. What do you not like about your current iPhone? Is it a non-issue in the newer iPhones or Android devices? What are the trade offs for switching? People often find that the grass isn't any greener on the other side. Then again, sometimes they're glad they made the switch.

'Nuf said, and well-stated, good sir...

antheocy

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I thought the opposite was true especially because of the Samsung Note 7 problem. Android phones are a bit easier to use and more popular. But Iphones have better touch tactile funcionality , quicker and stronger wifi signal I have found.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought the opposite was true especially because of the Samsung Note 7 problem. Android phones are a bit easier to use and more popular. But Iphones have better touch tactile funcionality , quicker and stronger wifi signal I have found.

"Android phones are a bit easier to use and more popular"....I'm not to sure about this sentence/statement...LOL . To each their own. Just hope your happy with the device you choose.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox