Moving on from the iPhone 6 to Nexus 6P. The fact is, Google services are generally better than Apple services for me (Google Now > Siri, Gmail > email app, etc) and it feels like Apple is becoming more and more aggressive in getting its users to use subpar services.
    10-11-2015 02:55 PM
    I'm going to the Note 5. I like OS X. A lot.

iOS isn't on that level yet. The OS is visually polished but I still find it to be a bit frustrating to use it. Too much basic stuff is missing and other stuff is not well-implemented (Background Uploads for 3rd party apps, Inter-App Sharing, etc.).

Maybe in 2018, but I doubt I will change mobile ecosystems again as the "phone hopping" has become extremely tiresome to me. I probably won't upgrade again for another 2-3 years.

I almost don't care, but I don't want to be saddled with this iPhone for another 1-2 years. I have to get something else at this point. I especially do not care for Apple's services and some of their apps (iCloud is terrible, as is Photos on OS X and the Music app was bastardized for the sake of Apple Music, among other things). Twice this week I've been burned by iCloud Sync issues causing me to get emails hours late.

I will miss Content Blockers a lot, but that isn't enough to weigh out the other deficiencies in the software.
    10-20-2015 01:34 AM
    I couldn't imagine leaving my iPhone, all my family have iOS products and it makes our life so much easier. Don't get me wrong I have had android devices in the past and I loved them but apple just works for me.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    Haalcyon likes this.
    10-20-2015 05:08 AM
    From iphone 5 to galaxy note 5. Reason : bigger screen, Spen, dual sim, sold my blackberry and use android for my email and file (never happy with ios file management and email) and some useful local app that no available at app store. Downside : no apple music and some privacy (location) setting, hopefully android M can fix that. Comment : so far so good, no lag (thx to huge ram)

Still use iphone 5 for apple music only, no simcard

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-28-2015 06:12 AM
    went from S3, iphone 5,nexus 5,iphone 5s, one plus, iphone 6, LG G3 note 3 and iphone 6P since september and now ran out of money. lol i think the iphone is just the better experience. there is nothing better than that which does the best overall experience. just think about when your android breaks? what happened than you have to send it in waiting a week maybe two. if you buy it used there is no coverage for warranty because you are not the first owner. with my iphone i just go inside the store and they change it

thats service
    12-15-2015 07:57 PM
    I'm looking at moving from my iPhone 5s to a Note 3, I'm looking for a little help from someone who has mad the transition. Should I stick with the 5s or go with the Note 3?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums
    what is the reason?
    12-15-2015 08:05 PM
    If you are looking to try something different then it doesn't get much different than the Note 3. It's a great device if you need the features it offers. It really is a personal choice.
    02-14-2016 04:43 AM
    I switched from iPhone 5 to LG G4. I'm very happy with my new smartphone.
    03-21-2016 08:42 AM
    Yes am trying to move from iPhone 6s Plus to Samsung Galaxy s7 edge....I've been using iPhone for a very long time and have realized Iphone is not user friendly at all.No NFC ,almost impossible to connect to other Bluetooth devices,copying music to your phone is not easy compared to android phones,just so many things.
    05-10-2016 04:06 PM
    Yes am trying to move from iPhone 6s Plus to Samsung Galaxy s7 edge....I've been using iPhone for a very long time and have realized Iphone is not user friendly at all.No NFC ,almost impossible to connect to other Bluetooth devices,copying music to your phone is not easy compared to android phones,just so many things.
    Wow that's funny. I moved from a Galaxy note 5 to an iPhone 6s for the reasons you state. I find the iPhone just works.
    HollowGrapeJ98 likes this.
    05-10-2016 05:16 PM
    I remember seeing this thread the first time I looked in this forum, and I wondered why it was here. I find it interesting that this thread exists on Windows Central, and iMore but not Android Central.

Anyway, I really like the iphone SE but I have had this lust of trying the Nextbit Robin for awhile. I'm finally trying it and I'm liking it. As sad as this might sound, I fight with myself about this (not serious fighting, just more like internal debate). Using other services is easier on the iPhone for sure, but it seems like I might have found a possible workaround to make this work almost similarly on Android. It's too early to say what I would do, but I feel the need to try this out before I decide if I will be buying AppleCare+ for my SE or not.

Somehow forgot to add that with Android, there are different ones, you can be slightly different with having a different phone. iPhone, there's only one phone in different sizes (thankful for the sizes but I'm just saying). As someone once said, With Android, you can be different with the inside and outside of your phone. With iPhone, your case is pretty much what makes the difference.

Not saying that it is something that everyone should care about, it's really just an observation. Coming from Windows Phone with colorful, removable backs, iOS is super different in that aspect.
    Last edited by libra89; 05-12-2016 at 10:53 AM.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    05-12-2016 09:58 AM
    Wow that's funny. I moved from a Galaxy note 5 to an iPhone 6s for the reasons you state. I find the iPhone just works.
    I agree! My buddy has a Google Nexus and he constantly gets annoying popups when trying to upload an app, neither of us could find a way to clear the box if we wanted to proceed.

iPhones just work, there are no popups or demanding to do a survey before installing apps, etc. I could NEVER put up with that.

There was an interesting podcast I was listening to, and they mentioned if you do get an android phone it's probably better to get a Nexus because it's Google's own and therefore better supported and you will get the updates before Samsung or another Android would. Also apparently the adoption rate for updating the latest iOS is far greater than anything from android users probably because it can be delayed Months, supposedly.

I am more than happy with my 9900 Blackberry and 5C.
    07-12-2016 05:05 PM
    why note 3,get the note 4 its cheap now.I have the 5se and note 4. its a good combo if you have to have 2 phones like me.
    07-19-2016 07:56 PM
    note 4 is best ever made
    07-19-2016 07:59 PM
    I'm torn with this. On one hand, I want to switch because of the lack of customization and Android can give me that. On the other hand, iOS has its advantages, especially when it comes to troubleshooting and not having to do a hard reset or clearing the partition to make stuff work. My Nextbit Robin was mostly set up from the jump but I had to go in and change a line in APN settings in order to send and receive MMS.

I don't get why in 2016, something has to give.
    07-19-2016 11:14 PM
    I see a lot of good points here about switching to Android, and with new Galaxy Note 7 it's so tempting. But what if you are in the situation where, me for example, one has iMac, iPhone (6 plus) an iPad and apple watch. All that seem to work so well together that I am really having a hard time giving it up. I think I will get the iPhone 7 plus, because of all the new perks (more RAM and better camera, Battery, etc) But I do see myself in near future trying on another Galaxy note. I just hope that android OS has better way of using battery, because it drains way faster than iPhone ever has.
    08-17-2016 10:28 AM
    I recently switched from my iPhone 6 Plus to a OnePlus 3. I miss out on a few nice iOS features like swiping right to go back and the video stabilization. But still, I'm impressed by the kind of quality you can get for less than half the price of an iPhone.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:51 AM
    The iPhone 7 will actually be my first iPhone. As well as my first Apple device. Really excited about it.
    09-08-2016 04:56 PM
    I recently switched from my iPhone 6 Plus to a OnePlus 3. I miss out on a few nice iOS features like swiping right to go back and the video stabilization. But still, I'm impressed by the kind of quality you can get for less than half the price of an iPhone.
    Yeah, that's the good thing about Android. Some really good devices can be gotten for cheap. A $400 OnePlus 3 is a steal. No longer do you need to pay an arm and a leg for a good Android phone.
    09-08-2016 05:00 PM
    I might... Ordering last night was stressful, I found out too late that my phone wouldn't be delivered until the 29th and I won't be home that week. Then Apple has the balls to tell you "Oh, but you can edit your order, follow this link" and NO: you can only cancel but not actually change your order.
    Ok then.
    So I cancelled my order, I'm saving my money and if my 6 Plus falls apart, I'll be getting a Nexus.
    Frankly Apple can go diddle itself with a live octopus for all a care at this point.
    When you charge the kind of prices Apple charges, the least you can do is come up with the shipping dates you actually promised.
    libra89 and comiken205 like this.
    09-09-2016 09:58 AM
    I love the size and power of the SE but I can see myself using my Honor 8 as my DD.
    fredriks likes this.
    09-09-2016 06:52 PM
    I am seriously considering going from the HTC One M8 to the iPhone 7. I am tired of not getting updates for more than 2 years. 5 Years is great!

Cheers
    10-28-2016 01:27 PM
    I switched from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy S5 and recently back to an iPhone 6S. The iPhone is just so much nicer to handle. It runs more smoothly, and just somehow feels more "elegant" to use. Android does have some great features like widgets and more customization options but it's nothing that I miss now that I'm back with Apple.
    10-31-2016 02:23 AM
    I've always had android phones, this is my first iphone and I gotta say I love it, but what really bugs me about it is that its so much harder to for example transfer music or pictures. Android phones were easier to use, but anyways, apple still got me.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    11-03-2016 02:56 AM
    I have the iphone 5s. and I am really considering dropping iphone and going for an android. I'm just so unhappy with my iphone. Not sure if I should upgrade to a newer iphone or go for an android.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-08-2016 08:39 AM
116 12345