Please keep my wife's i5 in your....

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Prayers as she dropped it in the toilet last evening. I had her power down and place it in some rice to draw the water out. We've not tried to power it up yet but we're hopeful that everything will work out!

All the while, I'm laughing at her! :D

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Prayers as she dropped it in the toilet last evening. I had her power down and place it in some rice to draw the water out. We've not tried to power it up yet but we're hopeful that everything will work out!

All the while, I'm laughing at her! :D

Oh my, that is not a good thing to hear about. I once tipped a water-bottle over, got tons of water into my PS Vita and very nearly cried. I hope your wife's iPhone comes out unscathed.

That said, why did you laugh at her the whole time, you bad bad...;)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh my, that is not a good thing to hear about. I once tipped a water-bottle over, got tons of water into my PS Vita and very nearly cried. I hope your wife's iPhone comes out unscathed.

That said, why did you laugh at her the whole time, you bad bad...;)

I don't really know why I laughed! In hindsight, her Apple coverage has expired and we dropped the VZW coverage a few weeks ago! Now I'm crying. Lol If it doesn't work, which I'm sure it will as it wasn't submerged for very long and was immediately powered off, I'll have to find her another on Craigslist.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh my! I would cry! I love my iPhone and I surely hope your wife's iPhone is good to go after sitting in the rice. 😁 Best wishes!👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the toilet incident it happened to me years ago with a flip phone hope it works out for her

Let us know how you make out Buddy

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

gpd129det

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Daughter dropped her phone in a sink of water in London. After drying out the only issue is the speaker only works occasionally. All of buttons and the phone worked just fine. Just sold it on eBay for 170 bucks. :) Good Luck !!!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all! We'll try to power it up after a while. It's been in the rice about 9 hours now so I figure we'll attempt to power on soon!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Now that's a bad day, hope it turns out well for you.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all! We'll try to power it up after a while. It's been in the rice about 9 hours now so I figure we'll attempt to power on soon!

Give it a couple more hours. I might even say leave it a day or two in moderate temperature to dry. You can never be too safe.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Give it a couple more hours. I might even say leave it a day or two in moderate temperature to dry. You can never be too safe.

I figured we'd hold off as long as she could be without her phone. I'm definitely learning a lesson from her misfortune. Lol

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Daughter dropped her phone in a sink of water in London. After drying out the only issue is the speaker only works occasionally. All of buttons and the phone worked just fine. Just sold it on eBay for 170 bucks. :) Good Luck !!!

Perfect example of why I only buy NEW, SEALED phones on eBay.

Sent from my white 5s

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I hope it works out for her! I know it's very tempting to see if it works, but wait as long as you can. Sometimes too they'll actually work for awhile, but then quit working later once corrosion forms.

One time my mom dropped her feature phone in a bucket of water while she was washing windows or something. Of course it quit working. She took it in to the carrier store and told the rep what happened. He looked at the moisture indicator and told her she can get one on warranty because it didn't show it had gotten wet! She said, "Well I dropped it in a bucket of water!" But he said that doesn't matter; the only thing that they care about is what the moisture indicator shows. She got a new phone on warranty!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my wife her 5 for her birthday in 2012. Warranty is long gone! Lol

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh my God. That's terrible.
Years ago I dropped my Nokia in the toilet and it later worked alright, only the camera shutter key doesn't work at all.
Hopefully your wife's iPhone will be OK but don't hurry to take it out

gpd129det

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
phlamethrowre,

But just to be clear I listed the phone on eBay as to exactly what had happened to the phone and completely described the issue with the phone. I did not get to almost 300 positive feedbacks by misrepresenting my items that i sell. Just did not want you thinking that I was one of those seller :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
phlamethrowre,

But just to be clear I listed the phone on eBay as to exactly what had happened to the phone and completely described the issue with the phone. I did not get to almost 300 positive feedbacks by misrepresenting my items that i sell. Just did not want you thinking that I was one of those seller :)

Good to hear this

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh