She just powered it up and everything seems to be working well! Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Glad to hear that its working, but do you really want her putting that against her face/up to her mouth after where its been?
    03-01-2014 04:40 PM
    Glad to hear that its working, but do you really want her putting that against her face/up to her mouth after where its been?
    Hahaha! She used some bleach cleaner before using it!

pr1nce and sherlock like this.
    03-01-2014 04:51 PM

That is great.
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-01-2014 04:59 PM
    Haha it would be kind of funny if the bleach made it stopped working and not the water... but congrats on it working after all of that! Goooooooooooooo RICE!
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-02-2014 01:06 PM
    Perhaps a LifeProof Fre would not be a bad idea for her?

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    03-02-2014 03:17 PM

That's great to hear!

Perhaps a LifeProof Fre would not be a bad idea for her?

Sounds like a good idea. Especially with no coverage at all.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    03-02-2014 03:28 PM
    Hahaha! She used some bleach cleaner before using it!

I might have done the same thing!Glad it's working for her.
    03-02-2014 03:41 PM
    I don't really know why I laughed! In hindsight, her Apple coverage has expired and we dropped the VZW coverage a few weeks ago! Now I'm crying. Lol If it doesn't work, which I'm sure it will as it wasn't submerged for very long and was immediately powered off, I'll have to find her another on Craigslist.

It's 50/50, even then the phone might work but the screen or battery shorted out. DO NOT use Craigslist, use eBay as they provide buyer protection.

You could also send it to the repair company I work for to see if we could fix it. www.digiexpress.us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-02-2014 03:55 PM
    It's 50/50, even then the phone might work but the screen or battery shorted out. DO NOT use Craigslist, use eBay as they provide buyer protection.

You could also send it to the repair company I work for to see if we could fix it. www.digiexpress.us

I always sell my phones and electronics on Craigslist and take pride in knowing that I'm providing the buyer with a great honest deal on really good and well-maintained hardware in outstanding condition. I don't think I'm unique in that, really.

tgp likes this.
    03-02-2014 03:59 PM
    I always sell my phones and electronics on Craigslist and take pride in knowing that I'm providing the buyer with a great honest deal on really good and well-maintained hardware in outstanding condition. I don't think I'm unique in that, really.

You're one of the few honest ones, I know friends personally who have gotten activation locked phones, water damaged phones, an on 2 occasions robbed from meeting with people on Craigslist.

03-02-2014 04:04 PM
    You're one of the few honest ones, I know friends personally who have gotten activation locked phones, water damaged phones, an on 2 occasions robbed from meeting with people on Craigslist.

I've heard some horror stories too. I really try to make sure the buyer feels comfortable and that they know I'm looking out for their safety too. I only meet people in public places, like a Starbucks or carrier store but I have invited people to my home (not smart, I know). I'm just not interested in mistreating anyone.

cinematicme likes this.
    03-02-2014 04:11 PM
    Glad it worked out. I would get her a Lifeproof for sure.
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-02-2014 04:34 PM

I get all of my phones on craigslist and sell them as well! Never had any issues. I only meet in public places and I check that it's not activation locked right on the spot. But I also let them know before the meet that my checking is what's going to happen before I hand over any cash.

cinematicme likes this.
    03-02-2014 04:39 PM
    I would just meet the person at the carrier store so you can check out everything and activate it right there.
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-02-2014 05:20 PM
    Prayers as she dropped it in the toilet last evening. I had her power down and place it in some rice to draw the water out. We've not tried to power it up yet but we're hopeful that everything will work out!
    All the while, I'm laughing at her!
    omg thats drop feel like hurting more but don't worry u applied nice idea hope ur i5 get well soon . pls be careful next time
    mumfoau likes this.
    03-03-2014 03:03 AM

I stay away from Craigslist. I've read about far too many horror stories. The latest being that young lady who admitted to killing over 20 people. The victim that got her caught was meeting her about something on Craigslist. I like eBay. You have a much larger customer base and you never have to actually see them. And when buying you are protected from buying defective merchandise.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    03-03-2014 07:22 AM
    I stay away from Craigslist. I've read about far too many horror stories. The latest being that young lady who admitted to killing over 20 people. The victim that got her caught was meeting her about something on Craigslist. I like eBay. You have a much larger customer base and you never have to actually see them. And when buying you are protected from buying defective merchandise.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    Not to mention something as simple as them not removing the device from iCloud, it can make your purchase totally worthless. At this point, I'd only buy new iDevices.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.
    thatgirl87 likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:16 AM
    Sorry to hear that, but I never take phones in the restroom. Not even because of phone dropping in tiolet but there are too many germs floating around.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums Mobile App!
    Speedygi likes this.
    03-03-2014 11:24 AM

Woot! Woot!💃

03-05-2014 09:36 PM
    Sorry to hear that, but I never take phones in the restroom. Not even because of phone dropping in tiolet but there are too many germs floating around.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums Mobile App!
    True and I'm a germaphobe! When at work I put mine in my bra before I enter the restroom and it stays there until I've washed my hands and have exited the restroom...Don't judge me!!!😂 Lol!!

03-05-2014 09:38 PM
    Prayers as she dropped it in the toilet last evening. I had her power down and place it in some rice to draw the water out. We've not tried to power it up yet but we're hopeful that everything will work out!
    All the while, I'm laughing at her!
    sir what happen now its get on or still off
    03-06-2014 03:58 AM
    sir what happen now its get on or still off
    She's been using it without issue ever since.

03-06-2014 10:08 PM

Does it emit...any...well...ya know...odor?

03-06-2014 10:09 PM
    wow that so good and congrtssssss 4 that sir pls take care have a great day
    03-07-2014 03:25 AM
49 12