Which cloud storage services do you use ?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
My man set me up with Dropbox eons ago, it filled up rather quickly, I never go in there. I use iCloud, it's much simpler for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My man set me up with Dropbox eons ago, it filled up rather quickly, I never go in there. I use iCloud, it's much simpler for me.

But with iCloud, you must keep the photos on your device. With the cloud apps like Box and Dropbox, you can upload, then delete from the camera roll. Saves storage space.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mostly store all of my photos on OneDrive. Originally did it because it was multi platform and I'd been known to bounce between iOS and Android.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
But with iCloud, you must keep the photos on your device. With the cloud apps like Box and Dropbox, you can upload, then delete from the camera roll. Saves storage space.

Ah, so simply upload all your photos to the likes of Box, Dropbox etc. and merely delete from the Camera Roll and the likes? Brilliant idea...!!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

True... Hence iPad Pro 9.7 cellular + wifi 256 GB :cool:

Truthfully I am such a hopeless techtard that this works for me, lol.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

"Must keep the photos on your device" is a bit misleading. Partially true but there's more to it.

You can use the "Optimize iPhone Storage" option and your phone will offload hi-res photos as needed. If you want to view one that's been offloaded, it will download when you select it. You can also do this on your Mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264 (scroll down to "Save space on your device").

IMG_1471514387.326670.jpg

Last edited:

Xterror

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I use mostly Google Drive because I know it the best, use google apps at work, and have the most space available (200GB). I used DropBox a lot while I was in school 2012-2014 for group projects, I've been a Mac user since my first computer in the 90s, but this is my first year with an iphone, switched from android, and I pay for 50Gb icloud to back up my phone and photos, but dont use it for file sharing between my comps yet.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"Must keep the photos on your device" is a bit misleading. Partially true but there's more to it.

You can use the "Optimize iPhone Storage" option and your phone will offload hi-res photos as needed. If you want to view one that's been offloaded, it will download when you select it. You can also do this on your Mac.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264 (scroll down to "Save space on your device").

View attachment 110430

That helps, but they still take up space. And it confuses many users. So by toggling that on, one can delete all their photos from the camera roll?

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I use DropBox, 1tb plan $9.99 mthly. I've been using Dropbox since my blackberry days(2006-ish), I like the way it functions & I'm accustomed to how it works.

7ftRussian

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Google Photos and Dropbox. All my photos get dropped into Google Photos for convenient NO limit storage. And when I need to move music files or things larger than photos, I use Dropbox, since I download that on all my devices I have the quick access. Love it.

Ian_Leo

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Personally I use OneDrive, GoogleDrive and Dropbox for a quick backup and retrieval! Still enjoying the free space offered by the Storage providers :cool:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Box has been my favorite for a long time. I like it better than Dropbox overall. The Box Notes feature is great. I also use Dropbox. OneDrive, and Google Photos.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Box has been my favorite for a long time. I like it better than Dropbox overall. The Box Notes feature is great. I also use Dropbox. OneDrive, and Google Photos.

But BOX do not support auto upload of photo so it confuses me at times which photos to select to upload them. Do you have any way around?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But BOX do not support auto upload of photo so it confuses me at times which photos to select to upload them. Do you have any way around?

I don't use automatic upload. It would upload too much junk. But it's there. Go to Box Settings > Tap Files and Folders> Tap automatic upload.
c8ce6f257dd2983fc2675e7e77bb8f03.jpg

7d794fa5bcd99094234fd3f885f0c91a.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2