Which cloud storage services do you use ?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Without the need to start a second thread. I have one question.
Why doesn't Dropbox have a grid view for your photos?

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There doing there own thing called carousel. But maybe that's not a good reason or the answer.

I tried carousel, and wasn't impressed with it. It's no different than just going to the photo segment in the Dropbox app.
Your photos are not all in one place, they are spread out according to where and when.
I keep my photos in seperate folders according to category.
It would be a little easier if they appeared that way in the grid view of carousel or the photo view.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Dropbox is my primary camera roll backup service and all the pictures from my PC are on it.

Box for documents which aren't to important

Google Drive is for backup of the most important files on Dropbox

and OneDrive is my secondary backup for the iPhone Camera Roll

I love redundancy

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
It's called being wise. I use Dropbox, Google Drive, and a flash drive to back everything up.
Never a good idea to keep your eggs in one basket.

luminosity6

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi - thanks for this post. Led me to check out and try Spideroak. Yes, I'm a little late to this party but after many happy years as a Dropbox user I thought it was time to try a possible step up regarding privacy options. So, +1 for Spideroak! :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use MS OneDrive at present. May make a change since I got a note from them that the free storage is dropping to 5GB

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use MS OneDrive at present. May make a change since I got a note from them that the free storage is dropping to 5GB

I'll still use the 5gb of free space. Mostly for some large videos that won't go on Box. I hate my 30 gb is going to 5. Fortunately, I haven't got 5 filled up yet.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll still use the 5gb of free space. Mostly for some large videos that won't go on Box. I hate my 30 gb is going to 5. Fortunately, I haven't got 5 filled up yet.

I mostly use it for storing photos. I didn't take a lot before but that has changed in the last week. Lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Box for most photos and small videos. Dropbox for some photos and my 1Password sync. Duplicates on OneDrive along with a few large videos.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
OneDrive.
It's multi-platform, and now that they added the "Copy to OneDrive" on the shared menu, my life is made so much easier when I use my SE.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I have 11.5 GB space on my Dropbox and it seems very smooth and attractive an I use it to keep my photos which is almost of 3 GB. All my documents goes to BOX but today I copied all my photos to BOX as well just to have everything in one place but for some reason it seems a bit ugly with some details against each item.

By the which one is most reliable and smooth in terms of user experience; Dropbox or BOX?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I use OneDrive which comes with 1TB of storage from my Office365 subscription. I back up all my iPhone photos to OneDrive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73