I think it'd be great to get a better pair of earbuds but I'd just as soon pick up a cheap pair of headphones to replace the included ones
    02-27-2014 09:36 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by DroidArmy; 02-27-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    02-27-2014 10:26 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by DroidArmy; 02-27-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    02-27-2014 10:33 AM
    I cringe when a member of the "droid army" comes in here telling us what Apple desperately needs to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-27-2014 10:48 AM
    Although by no means am I an Audiophile I must say for my standards the Apple earbuds are pretty darned good. They have good bass, and a good clarity, certainly more than a few I have tried.

If I want a listening experience with better standards, that's what my Zinken Urbanears are for.
    What would Apple gain by trying to compete with all of the earbud makers for high end units? I too like my new style earbuds
    02-27-2014 10:49 AM
    Thanks for supporting the conversation Sean....

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Sean is not being mean or anything. He is however, bringing attention to your use of "desperately"and he apparently disagrees so don't be offended or anything. Having said that, do you think they truly "desperately" need to create better ear buds or simply need to create better ones?
    02-27-2014 10:51 AM
    I cringe when a member of the "droid army" comes in here telling us what Apple desperately needs to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    There is no need to cringe. DroidArmy has not done or said anything inappropriate throughout his time here at iMore, and has actually been quite professional and interactive.
    DroidArmy likes this.
    02-27-2014 10:54 AM
    Deleted
    02-27-2014 11:01 AM
    Deleted
    02-27-2014 11:04 AM
    Deleted
    02-27-2014 11:09 AM
    I do know for a fact that if you put current ones in the dryer they get totally jacked lol.... Just happened to me last night.. Left them in my front hoodie...
    02-27-2014 11:12 AM
    Thanks for supporting the conversation Sean....

I thought I made a pretty clear observation about your comment...in that your use of "desperately" was ridiculous. Apple's ear buds don't need a change desperately...that would imply that something is going to happen, a negative result, if the ear buds stay the same. Can the improve them? Certainly! In fact, almost every phone offering on the market could stand to improve their ear bud offering...I mean while free, it wouldn't hurt anything to make them more competitive with the market of ear buds people go and buy as replacements.

That said, again...there's nothing "desperate" about the ear buds. They are a free accessory Apple provides with the iPhone. If they don't meet your standards, sure...you can have an opinion on how they could be better, but implying there is some desperate need for it is hilarious!

I mean the simple fact that you're using Beats as an example of a better product is enough for anyone to find humor in this post. And even then, Apple's $79 offering rivals the garbage Beats makes, and they're still just Apple headphones, lol!
    02-27-2014 11:54 AM
    That depends on what you think of the current ones they have to offer. I believe they "desperately" need to create a better pair. Your old ones die and then what do you do? Most people rarely buy them again. I remember a site (I believe Engadget) saying "A vast improvement over the originals, but still junk in comparison". I have to agree with them on that. You go and either buy cheap ones or you pick up a pair like beats or Bose. Apple could really tap into this market and dominate it if they tried.

I agree with you in regard to Apple should make a better pair of ear pods/buds that stay in the ears better, but I disagree that they need to "desperately" make a better pair. I mean, it's one thing to force you to buy a pair in addition to buying an iPhone or an iPod, but they include a pair with the iPhone & iPod. Technically, you're paying for both, but you get what I'm saying.
    02-27-2014 12:02 PM
    Deleted
    02-27-2014 12:17 PM
    The earbuds come with the phone so I'm not going to complain. Many of the other smartphones on the market don't come with earbuds at all.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    02-27-2014 12:30 PM
    1. Apple doesn't desperately need new earphones, Apple needs to add a true equalizer.

2. The number of drivers doesn't give a flip about musical genres. A single driver is pushing the lows, mids, and highs together. Dual drivers push lows out of one driver, and the mids and highs out of the other. Triple drivers push each individually. So in theory more drivers equals better sound because each dynamic gets it's own push.

3. The EarPods are much better than Apple's old earphones, but if you want good sound you're not using an Apple product anyway. Unless it's a classic iPod that has been RockBox'd. For the average person the EarPods are better earphones than they've probably ever used because the average person doesn't care about sound quality.

I'll have to finish reading the original post and read the comments later. I had to stop reading at the driver part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-27-2014 12:42 PM
    I'm using beats as an example because many people but them. And actually, they don't. I would never buy a pair but I have heard them before. They do sound better than the Apple EarPods. In fact, most things will. This isn't just my opinion about this topic. Feel free to read some reviews from professionals.

Another thing to mention is that you're not understanding why they should make better ones. You're only looking at it as a cheap accessory as it is now. You're not seeing my idea on how it could be. Either way, I respect your opinion.

I don't have a problem with your idea of how they could be improved...I could give you 100 things they could improve about the iPhone and all the accessories that come with it. Where I found issue was the implication that Apple desperately needed to change them for some reason. Honestly, Apple could stop giving these ear buds all together with the iPhone and nothing would change...much less needing to offer something higher quality.

Could they stand to improve them? Sure! But there is no desperate situation related to them at all.
    02-27-2014 12:47 PM
    There is an entire wall of ear buds/head phones at Best Buy for $50-60 all with controls for iOS devices. So I don't see why Apple would waste time in a space that is already pretty crowded and served by a large number of major players.

You can buy what you are asking for right now.

Also, be happy the iPhone comes with a headset at all. My Moto X came with nothing.
    02-27-2014 12:52 PM
    I don't have a problem with your idea of how they could be improved...I could give you 100 things they could improve about the iPhone and all the accessories that come with it. Where I found issue was the implication that Apple desperately needed to change them for some reason. Honestly, Apple could stop giving these ear buds all together with the iPhone and nothing would change...much less needing to offer something higher quality.

Could they stand to improve them? Sure! But there is no desperate situation related to them at all.
    Not to make assumptions about the OP, but lots of younger people tend to way over-dramatize issues beyond what they actually are. For example "OMG I only got a 16GB iPhone 5S for Christmas when I really wanted the 32GB! This is the worst Christmas in history! My parents are the worst people ever!"

The use of 'desperately' is a bit over the top.
    02-27-2014 12:52 PM
    "Desperate" would be if people stopped buying iPhones because the included headphones were awful. As hundreds of millions of people are still buying them, I don't think apple sees it as a "desperate" situation that they need to fix to stay in business and make money. Could they be improved though? Of course.
    02-27-2014 12:58 PM
    Not to make assumptions about the OP, but lots of younger people tend to way over-dramatize issues beyond what they actually are. For example "OMG I only got a 16GB iPhone 5S for Christmas when I really wanted the 32GB! This is the worst Christmas in history! My parents are the worst people ever!"

The use of 'desperately' is a bit over the top.
    It's hilariously over the top...which is why I made the first post (which I guess he didn't take so well).
    02-27-2014 01:02 PM
    I use my buds yet I do have skull candy as well so your right and sadly broke my DR DRE speakers long ago;(

02-27-2014 01:12 PM
    Apple buds are in the cute case apple provided love it

02-27-2014 01:13 PM
    If you read the original post I explained that very clearly.

Apparently to you, not so much for Apple and others. Same could be said for bluetooth speakers, which Apple doesn't produce either.
    02-27-2014 01:25 PM
    I do think they need to change. I mean they have wires... what is this 2005? :P
    On a serious note I am surprised Apple hasn't developed some Bluetooth LE headphones.
    02-27-2014 01:40 PM
61 123