So sorry to be annoying , but I just wanted to be sure that if I did start using outlook.com , one drive, and outlook calendar that it wouldn't have issues on Mac or iOS? I just think outlook.com is a very clean and nice looking service.
    You're not annoying at all, my friend. If I'm paying attention to the threads, I'll gladly respond......Anyway, my Outlook.com account works great on my iOS devices and on MacBook. I know longer sync my Outlook calendar because iCloud is my go-to service for syncing my calendar and contacts. Besides, when I compose an email from my Outlook.com account, it is a breeze to pull up my iCloud contacts from within the native Mail app. Anyway, if you find that you dislike using your Outlook.com account with your iOS device and/or your Mac, you can always delete the account from those devices...
    03-03-2014 06:40 PM
    So sorry to be annoying , but I just wanted to be sure that if I did start using outlook.com , one drive, and outlook calendar that it wouldn't have issues on Mac or iOS? I just think outlook.com is a very clean and nice looking service.
    They will all work fine with OSX or iOS
    03-03-2014 06:43 PM
    You're not annoying at all, my friend. If I'm paying attention to the threads, I'll gladly respond......Anyway, my Outlook.com account works great on my iOS devices and on MacBook. I know longer sync my Outlook calendar because iCloud is my go-to service for syncing my calendar and contacts. Besides, when I compose an email from my Outlook.com account, it is a breeze to pull up my iCloud contacts from within the native Mail app. Anyway, if you find that you dislike using your Outlook.com account with your iOS device and/or your Mac, you can always delete the account from those devices...
    Is there a reason it feels weird using Microsoft services in Mac? Is it just stupid fan wars that have raged since the 80s?

Another reason I was considering MS services was because I'd like to access things on both a mac and PC.
    03-03-2014 10:15 PM
    Is there a reason it feels weird using Microsoft services in Mac?
    I suppose I should have said, "weird". The Microsoft Office for Mac Suite worked well on my MacBook. Because I was using a Mac, I felt the urge to use iWorks in lieu of MS Office. Having said that, I do NOT feel that way in regard to Outlook.com.
    Is it just stupid fan wars that have raged since the 80s?
    Oh no, nothing like that.

Another reason I was considering MS services was because I'd like to access things on both a mac and PC.
    I understand. Give it a try. You will either like it or you won't...
    03-03-2014 10:23 PM
    Did you use I icloud for email ever? I'm wondering how good that service would be because it seems more limited than pretty much all the other email services.
    03-03-2014 11:57 PM
    Did you use I icloud for email ever? I'm wondering how good that service would be because it seems more limited than pretty much all the other email services.
    iCloud email works just fine for me. I have my iPhone connected to my iCloud email, gmail, a yahoo acct, an outlook.com acct, and my work exchange acct and the default Mail app handles them all seamlessly. The OSX mail app also works fine for me although I do t have my work exchange email on my personal laptop.
    The iCloud email in a web browser also works fine for the rare times I've needed to access it
    03-04-2014 11:04 AM
    Yes, and like Karen has stated, it works seamlessly with all of my devices. I have the following email accounts setup on my iPhone 5:

1. iCloud - primary
    2. Outlook.com - Business related
    3. Yahoo - Fantasy sports, etc.
    4. AOL - Junk mail. This is the account I give to stores & pizza places, etcetera.
    5. Gmail - iMore Use

I don NOT sync the calendars, contacts, notes or reminders from any of the accounts except for iCloud. My iCloud calendar contains 6 calendars, two of which are shared. No matter what email account I compose an email from, my iCloud contacts are readily available to them so there is no need for me to maintain multiple contact lists.
    03-04-2014 11:53 AM
    Yes, and like Karen has stated, it works seamlessly with all of my devices. I have the following email accounts setup on my iPhone 5:

1. iCloud - primary
    2. Outlook.com - Business related
    3. Yahoo - Fantasy sports, etc.
    4. AOL - Junk mail. This is the account I give to stores & pizza places, etcetera.
    5. Gmail - iMore Use

I don NOT sync the calendars, contacts, notes or reminders from any of the accounts except for iCloud. My iCloud calendar contains 6 calendars, two of which are shared. No matter what email account I compose an email from, my iCloud contacts are readily available to them so there is no need for me to maintain multiple contact lists.
    yeah, I notice alot of people seem to use outlook for their business email and yahoo for their spam. poor yahoo, ha ha.

anyway, ill give outlook a go for email and calendar. see how I like it. if I dont, I suppose I can always go back to gmail. Im honestly probaly thinking about this too much, ha ha.
    03-04-2014 01:11 PM
    Um, actually, I'm just going to continue with gmail and gcalendarvi think. I already have labels set up in gmail , and I think I'm just wanting to switch for switching a sake.

But then that leaves me to one drive, which I still want to use to store photos, files, and documents. And I assume I can happily go about using onedrive without using outlook as my main email?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-04-2014 01:36 PM
    Is there a reason it feels weird using Microsoft services in Mac? Is it just stupid fan wars that have raged since the 80s?

You're way over-thinking this. This is no different than using Google services on a Windows PC or iCloud.com email service on Windows. There is no blocking of services on different OS's going on.

You can use Google services on Mac and PC. You can use Microsoft services (Office, One Drive, Skype) on a Mac. You can use some Apple services (iCloud email, iTunes, iCloud control panel) on a Windows PC.

There is no lock-in whatsoever with any email provider on any hardware/OS platform. You're overly concerned about a problem that simply does not exist. I think your fear of platform lock-in is causing you to stress out about issues that do not exist.
    03-04-2014 01:39 PM
    Can I ask what the difference is between exchange and outlook in the dad account section in settings on my iOS device? Which area do I put my outlook.com account under ?
    03-05-2014 04:19 AM
    You're way over-thinking this. This is no different than using Google services on a Windows PC or iCloud.com email service on Windows. There is no blocking of services on different OS's going on.

You can use Google services on Mac and PC. You can use Microsoft services (Office, One Drive, Skype) on a Mac. You can use some Apple services (iCloud email, iTunes, iCloud control panel) on a Windows PC.

There is no lock-in whatsoever with any email provider on any hardware/OS platform. You're overly concerned about a problem that simply does not exist. I think your fear of platform lock-in is causing you to stress out about issues that do not exist.
    Yeah, I think your right. Sorry
    03-05-2014 04:20 AM
    Can I ask what the difference is between exchange and outlook in the dad account section in settings on my iOS device? Which area do I put my outlook.com account under ?
    Exchange is for a corporate MS Exchange email server through a company (basically my company's email account of <username>@<company_email_address>.com). Outlook.com is for the <username>@outlook.com email service, similar to gmail/icloud.com/yahoo/etc. Based on your previous posts you would want to use the Outlook.com one.
    Speedygi likes this.
    03-05-2014 09:59 AM
    What is the best way to set up Outlook email on the Mac?
    10-06-2014 02:47 PM
64 123