Are there any pluses or minuses for the services offered by HMV, iTunes, or any similar platforms?

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Bruce Willis.

Rumours of HMV bringing a music service to my device got me thinking about where is the best source for music for me now. Currently, my preference is to buy CDs and rip to FLAC.

Can anyone comment on there being any pluses or minuses for the services offered by HMV, iTunes, or any similar platforms?

RoCutler

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I think they are all pretty much the same, all depends on how you manage your digital music, and cost.

I personally like iTunes, but I've used Amazon, HMV, play.com, 7Digital, Bandcamp, Spotify and even dabbled with Google Play.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ITunes Radio for me currently, just because I just got it running and it looked cool to be running music from my iPad, which is why I would pretty much use that along with my usual mix of local stored music (I have no iTunes match in Singapore, because apparently you need an American credit card, bullocks).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
In my opinion, I think actually buying CD's and ripping them to whatever you want is the best service. I don't do that though. Ever since Apple started purchase history for iTunes in 2011, it's all I use for buying music and storing locally. I'm an iTunes Match subscriber, but only to have my non-iTunes purchased music from over the years stored on the cloud in case I have local storage problems.

*Unrelated: It's a shame that iTunes isn't available on other mobile platforms like Android or even Windows Mobile.

If it's about streaming music, I just use Pandora. iTunes Radio is good. I just hate that it's not a standalone native app instead of being integrated into the music player app. I just don't like the extra step for some reason.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW