As in the title:

With the iPhone 6 rumours and everything else, how much thinner should/do you think the iPhones should get? Personally I think maybe 1mm more is the cut-off point, but that's just me. Lets hear your answers!
    02-14-2014 01:43 PM
    If they do a iPhone 6 with a five inch screen but with the same thickness the 5 and 5s has, I would have to give it a pass, unless they come up with a 4 inch version of iPhone 6, which I would go for.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-14-2014 01:46 PM
    As long as they are increasing battery life I don't care too much how thin the phone becomes. That being said I'm perfectly satisfied with the current thickness of the iPhone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-14-2014 01:48 PM
    To be honest I hope they thicken the iPhone so they can put a bigger battery in it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk
    02-14-2014 02:20 PM
    As long as it's not thin enough to cut my hand with its sharp edges.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-14-2014 02:26 PM
    I like it the thickness that it is. feels good in the hand
    Spencerdl and iOS Gravity like this.
    02-14-2014 03:14 PM
    I prefer the thickness of the 4s. It feels solid and feels good in the hand.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    HAWK and Premium1 like this.
    02-16-2014 04:29 PM
    I like it the thickness that it is. feels good in the hand
    Same here, the current thickness feels great. I just think they should go edge to edge with the screen and maybe a "little" wider

Edit; well after some more thought, I'm not to sure about the edge to edge concept....but very close to the edge
    Last edited by spencerdl; 02-16-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    02-16-2014 04:34 PM
    Same here, the current thickness feels great. I just think they should go edge to edge with the screen and mayby a "little" wider
    Yeah I could handle a "little" wider, only thing I dislike about the edge to edge screen is when I hold my wife's galaxy and try searching something the bottom of my thumb rests on the screen hitting links, and causing issues. Might just be the way I hold the phone
    02-16-2014 04:37 PM
    In my opinion, it should be thin enough to still feel like I am holding an iPhone, and heavy enough to still feel like it has a quality build to it…
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-16-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    HAWK, Spencerdl and iOS Gravity like this.
    02-16-2014 04:43 PM
    Yeah I could handle a "little" wider, only thing I dislike about the edge to edge screen is when I hold my wife's galaxy and try searching something the bottom of my thumb rests on the screen hitting links, and causing issues. Might just be the way I hold the phone
    Yea. It must be the way you hold the phone. I had the Galaxy S3 and I didn't have that problem, but the phone was difficult for one hand use. Edge to edge would also make it hard on cases and screen protectors

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s using iMore Forums app
    02-16-2014 05:02 PM
    I don't think it should be thinner at all. How about keep it the same or even add a mm or two and put a much larger battery in? You know one that could easily last a day even with heavy use... The phone being paper thin does me no good when it can't make it through a day of use and constantly have to charge it.
    Just_Me_D and dobermansrule like this.
    02-16-2014 07:23 PM
    There's going to come a point where thin = sacrifice. So far, we've been spoiled by good designers that figure out the math to give us what we're used to in a thinner and thinner package...

I believe that time is quickly coming to an end. We, as consumers, demand more battery life, more power, better cameras, better features and new technology...and we demand it no more than a minute or so after the latest and greatest is sold to us.

Bottom line, until some major break throughs in technology, battery tech and screen development come along, what we have is about as thin as it's going to get. And honestly, I don't think we're going to see these major tech breakthroughs on an iPhone this year anyways.
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-16-2014 09:06 PM
    In my opinion, it should be thin enough to still feel like I am holding an iPhone, and heavy enough to still feel like it has a quality build to it…
    Think you just described my 5s.
    02-16-2014 09:28 PM
    The 5 is so skinny it feels almost like I could snap it in half. I would be willing to get a thicker iPhone for huge battery life.
    Premium1 likes this.
    02-17-2014 02:32 AM
    I prefer the thickness of the 4s. It feels solid and feels good in the hand.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    That was the norm for me until iPhone 5 came and I got used to that thickness since.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-17-2014 04:02 AM
    I also think people mistake thickness with weight...the 4/4S felt solid because of it's weight. The difference in thickness between the iPhone 5/5S and the 4/4S was not really a substantial change in terms of feel, it was the weight of the chassis that I think makes people feel the durability was diminished.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-17-2014 01:39 PM
    I also think people mistake thickness with weight...the 4/4S felt solid because of it's weight. The difference in thickness between the iPhone 5/5S and the 4/4S was not really a substantial change in terms of feel, it was the weight of the chassis that I think makes people feel the durability was diminished.
    I think you are spot on, the heavier phone did feel a lot more durable and less fragile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-17-2014 02:58 PM
    In my opinion, it should be thin enough to still feel like I am holding an iPhone, and heavy enough to still feel like it has a quality build to it
    My iPod Touch has a nice amount of weight and it still feels durable. That's how I want the iPhone 6 to be like.
    Spencerdl and Speedygi like this.
    02-17-2014 03:42 PM
    There's going to come a point where thin = sacrifice. So far, we've been spoiled by good designers that figure out the math to give us what we're used to in a thinner and thinner package...

I believe that time is quickly coming to an end. We, as consumers, demand more battery life, more power, better cameras, better features and new technology...and we demand it no more than a minute or so after the latest and greatest is sold to us.

Bottom line, until some major break throughs in technology, battery tech and screen development come along, what we have is about as thin as it's going to get. And honestly, I don't think we're going to see these major tech breakthroughs on an iPhone this year anyways.
    Agree. Batteries haven't gotten any thinner, as is the case with the head phone jack.
    02-17-2014 07:04 PM
    As long as they can load the latest greatest tech inside I don't how thin it becomes, but it should have some weight. I like my phones with some weight to them.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums Mobile App!
    02-17-2014 11:25 PM

I think Sean nailed it. Today's modern smartphones are thin enough. The race to be the thinnest is now at the point now where the trade offs are not worth it. In fact, I'd gladly take a slightly *thicker* phone if it means they can jam a bigger battery in there. Even an extra 1mm in thickness would significantly help battery life.
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-18-2014 11:06 AM
    They should leave the thickness or maybe a tad bit thinner and widen the screen size the iPhone would look beautiful

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    Speedygi likes this.
    02-19-2014 10:25 PM
    as of now like iPhone5 is a perfect and really ultimate slim design. don't want more thinner
    02-20-2014 12:30 AM
    I think that the current iPhone is too thin now. Without a case, the phone is difficult for me to pick up from a table. I don't need the next iPhone to be any thinner that what it is.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    02-20-2014 01:33 AM
26 12