iPhone owners admit having 'blind loyalty' to Apple

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I buy phones that fit my needs best at the time I get one.

For me I like a UI that is simple and not cluttered and doesn't have fancy animations that use a lot of CPU or gpu usage. Also I like OS that are stable during long periods of use. Also I like a phone to have a lot of GPU power since I like playing games a lot on my phone. Also I like a phone to have a lot of performance for apps and games but also can manage resources when on standby or using simple apps like Facebook. Also I like a huge selection of apps to chose from.
So far the iPhone has fit my needs best. But to be honest the Ubuntu edge phone would of fit my needs the closest.

So I think these "iPhone users are blind" are just paid articles to get people to switch.

I believe people should get a phone that suits them best not what is popular or what someone else says to get.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting read, thanks for sharing! I think every smartphone platform has loyal customers... some blind some not. Being 100% objective is hard!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sweeping generalizations made based on the results of a survey with a minuscule sample of 2000 people.
Polarizing statements with no conceivable basis in fact.

Yup, smells like click bait to me.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you have to do a study in order to know that many iPhone users are completely closed off to ever using any other platform. So are many Android and BlackBerry users. You can just read the many "I wouldn't switch no matter what" or "whatever the next iPhone looks like, I'll buy it" comments on these forums. Everyone has a certain amount of blind loyalty to certain brands. The goal of any good company is to get the customers to stay even when times are tough and Apple is the world leader in that department.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you have to do a study in order to know that many iPhone users are completely closed off to ever using any other platform. So are many Android and BlackBerry users. You can just read the many "I wouldn't switch no matter what" or "whatever the next iPhone looks like, I'll buy it" comments on these forums. Everyone has a certain amount of blind loyalty to certain brands. The goal of any good company is to get the customers to stay even when times are tough and Apple is the world leader in that department.

I personally own a phone from all the main platforms blackberry, apple and android. And you can visit any of their mobile nations specific forums and each brand has their people that say those types of things it's not just apple people. People will say whatever sometimes just to say things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I personally own a phone from all the main platforms blackberry, apple and android. And you can visit any of their mobile nations specific forums and each brand has their people that say those types of things it's not just apple people. People will say whatever sometimes just to say things.

And it's hard to determine who in fact is buying these Apple products due to them liking them for the value they hold, or just based on blind loyalty. How does one determine something like that, it's an extremely thin line.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this much of the time as you have those who say "I will buy the next apple product no matter what" so I can see where they got this from. Do the majority of people feel that way? Eh who knows but this isn't really surprising. Apple probably has it a little more than some other companies but it happens everywhere (to lesser extents most usually)

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
There are some fanatical fans on the other side as well, if we look closely.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yep. The intensity of the vitriol coming from Android communities toward Apple is crazy, to the point of people literally hating and despising another human being based on what smartphone they prefer. To be fair though, hardcore Apple fanboys are just as irritating.

I think that a great many people attach too much of their self esteem and self identity to their mobile OS, and whether or not their side is 'winning'. I'm not a psychologist, but it almost seems to be a symptom of compensating for lack of self-assurance in their personal lives.

As for myself, I wouldn't say I'm 'blindly' loyal to Apple, however I am a fan of their products. Having had experience with other platforms previously I can honestly say that I've tried other options, but in the end went with a product that works better for me. I don't like Apple products because I'm a blind follower, I like them because I find them to be a superior overall product than the competition. If that makes me 'blindly loyal' to some people, then that's on them to deal with.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep. The intensity of the vitriol coming from Android communities toward Apple is crazy, to the point of people literally hating and despising another human being based on what smartphone they prefer. To be fair though, hardcore Apple fanboys are just as irritating.

I think that a great many people attach too much of their self esteem and self identity to their mobile OS, and whether or not their side is 'winning'. I'm not a psychologist, but it almost seems to be a symptom of compensating for lack of self-assurance in their personal lives.

As for myself, I wouldn't say I'm 'blindly' loyal to Apple, however I am a fan of their products. Having had experience with other platforms previously I can honestly say that I've tried other options, but in the end went with a product that works better for me. I don't like Apple products because I'm a blind follower, I like them because I find them to be a superior overall product than the competition. If that makes me 'blindly loyal' to some people, then that's on them to deal with.

It's actually quite sad to described as an Android or iPhone user, it's like I don't want my whole existence to be all about the phone I use. I got an identity and I don't feel I want to be pigeonholed into the category of devices I use.

However, some people actually allow that to be taken to the extreme and get all upset and bent out of shape when other people state their criticisms of what device the other people are using.

Just enjoy your devices the way they are supposed to be enjoyed, and share that excitement.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I used to be one of those people. I would bash Apple all day long and argue with anyone who'd engage me.
Then my job started selling them. At first I was like "Oh heck no!". As time went by, this blue iPhone that seemed to scream out "I'm your gateway to freedom", caught my eye and had my attention. I gave it a good few days, hoping perhaps a customer would buy it. Most customers wanted the 5s, this poor little blue iPhone didn't stand a chance being only $100 less. So I bought it. I was apprehensive at first but started enjoying it. Then I Jailbroke it.... and I had a blast!

Now I've got both a 5c and 5s. I sell them both like crazy too! While I'd never give up my Note 3 (Until the second batch of Note 4's release that is), I'm happy to be immersed in the Apple ecosystem as well. Honestly? The freedom to enjoy any and all technology is liberating.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I can see being loyal to Apple products. I am to a certain extent. I can say that I really prefer Apple products because I have thoroughly used other devices on other platforms and have built a preference over time. Now I'm in a place where I'm not interested in switching anymore. I wanted to invest completely in an ecosystem and stick with it. That's what I'm doing now. As long as Apple continues to make quality products that fit into my lifestyle, I really don't see the need to "try" anything else. These devices cost too much to try to take a chance and veer away from a collection of products that you know work well and fit into what you need.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am devoted to Apple products but this devotion is only as strong as the quality of the products. If a competitor releases a product that I find superior to my AppleTV, iPad, iPhone or my soon to be purchased MAC computer I will have no problem leaving Apple for it. But here is where Apple has a huge advantage over any competitor with me; product integration. I will use AppleTV v Roku as an example of why I stick with Apple. I've never owned a Roku and I am aware there are several channels available on Roku that I would love to have access too on my ATV. Because of this, a lot of Apple haters will incorrectly conclude that I'm sticking with my ATV because I am "blindly loyal" to Apple. But I stick with my ATV because of AirPlay, photo and music integration between my devices, and home sharing. If a Google, Microsoft, or BlackBerry want to entice me to leave Apple and my iDevices they are going to have to offer the complete package not a single "superior" device. Don't see that on the horizon and I am remaining with Apple. Not because of blind loyalty but because there are too many areas of my professional and personal life where Apple products are far more valuable than any other would be.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am devoted to Apple products but this devotion is only as strong as the quality of the products. If a competitor releases a product that I find superior to my AppleTV, iPad, iPhone or my soon to be purchased MAC computer I will have no problem leaving Apple for it. But here is where Apple has a huge advantage over any competitor with me; product integration. I will use AppleTV v Roku as an example of why I stick with Apple. I've never owned a Roku and I am aware there are several channels available on Roku that I would love to have access too on my ATV. Because of this, a lot of Apple haters will incorrectly conclude that I'm sticking with my ATV because I am "blindly loyal" to Apple. But I stick with my ATV because of AirPlay, photo and music integration between my devices, and home sharing. If a Google, Microsoft, or BlackBerry want to entice me to leave Apple and my iDevices they are going to have to offer the complete package not a single "superior" device. Don't see that on the horizon and I am remaining with Apple. Not because of blind loyalty but because there are too many areas of my professional and personal life where Apple products are far more valuable than any other would be.

This is a very good point that I think is overlooked. Apple has successfully created an ecosystem in which the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, to use a popular saying. I believe tech sites have referred to it as the 'stickyness' of the Apple ecosystem. This is not a bad thing.

On my 'lesser featured' Apple TV (compared to Roku) I have:

1. Airplay (which IMO makes it superior just for this feature alone)
2. seamless integration with my music and photos, even when not airplaying.
3. My iTunes collection, which I am slowly building up
4. Tremendous ease of use. I don't know how a Roku is for comparison, but the Apple TV is nice and simplified to jump right into your content.

Now, if a perspective buyer had zero Apple devices, then I would probably recommend a Roku or Chromecast over an Apple TV as it's standalone feature set is greater. However once one introduces other Apple products playing nice together, than the value of each piece of equipment goes up dramatically.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Define "Blind Loyalty". If you mean using a product even though "you've" found others "you" think are superior, then yes, I have 'blind loyalty'. I buy what I want, and I could care less what anyone thinks about it. To be frank, what does it say about people who cannot understand why others enjoy using a device other than what they themselves are using? Isn't that having an elitist mentality?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I used to be one of those people. I would bash Apple all day long and argue with anyone who'd engage me.
Then my job started selling them. At first I was like "Oh heck no!". As time went by, this blue iPhone that seemed to scream out "I'm your gateway to freedom", caught my eye and had my attention. I gave it a good few days, hoping perhaps a customer would buy it. Most customers wanted the 5s, this poor little blue iPhone didn't stand a chance being only $100 less. So I bought it. I was apprehensive at first but started enjoying it. Then I Jailbroke it.... and I had a blast!

Now I've got both a 5c and 5s. I sell them both like crazy too! While I'd never give up my Note 3 (Until the second batch of Note 4's release that is), I'm happy to be immersed in the Apple ecosystem as well. Honestly? The freedom to enjoy any and all technology is liberating.

I agree. I currently have iOS, Android, WP8 and windows 8.1 devices. I enjoy them all. None of them are perfect but all of them are really good.

Sent from my white 5s

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree with you there! I'm the same way in that Apple products suit me better in both my personal and professional lifestyles-more valuable and elegant in all aspects. I have no complaints. 👌

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it blind loyality, I'm just satisfied with all of my Apple products and the ecosystem. I have tried blackberry and Android over the years but I can truly say I appreciate how all my technology works together seamlessly with Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner