Woz thinks Apple should make Android phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Widgets are only one example. You can disagree with that and that's fine. But one can argue the notification tray problem with iOS. There's no doubt that Android does it better. The line by line dismissal features and the way it all works in the tray is far superior. Picture sharing is no doubt better on Android as you can send to any app you want. In iOS, u have to go to the actual App like whatsapp and go back and look for a picture or video you already had when you were in the gallery the first time. Bluetooth is better on Android since on iOS, you can't even share media. Swiftkey is much better than the iOS keyboard. And Google services are no doubt better if you're a Google user.

There's little doubt that Android is better in those areas. Don't be blindsided by fanboyism!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's little doubt that Android is better in those areas. Don't be blindsided by fanboyism!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Hello, pot. Have you met kettle?

There is little doubt by whom? Android fanboys? All you have contributed to this discussion is your opinion. That’s fine - if that’s what you choose to believe, go for it. But don’t confuse your opinion with absolute fact...

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello, pot. Have you met kettle?

There is little doubt by whom? Android fanboys? All you have contributed to this discussion is your opinion. That?s fine - if that?s what you choose to believe, go for it. But don?t confuse your opinion with absolute fact...

Why don't you add substance to your view? Tell me how streamlined it is on the iphone to touch a notification in the tray and have it still stay there for you to have to clear it later anyway?tell me how this limitation is only an opinion and not fact. Add substance to your argument if you truly believe that what I'm saying is false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you add substance to your view? Tell me how streamlined it is on the iphone to touch a notification in the tray and have it still stay there for you to have to clear it later anyway?tell me how this limitation is only an opinion and not fact. Add substance to your argument if you truly believe that what I'm saying is false.

The difference is that I don’t see it as a "limitation". I can clear the notifications by group... I can tap on individual notifications and go back to them because they DON’T clear. What happens when you inadvertently tap the wrong notificiation? Poof! It’s gone and you are SOL. I can tap the correct notification OR accidentally tap the wrong one... then go back to it, and it’s still there. I can clear the group of notifications in one single action. What’s better? (hint: whatever you answer, it’s YOUR opinion, just as what I answer is mine... ) ... so, to restate the obvious, you’re still trying to pass your opinion off as absolute fact...

Perhaps you should go troll the WebOS forums... nobody there will put up much of a fight.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The difference is that I don?t see it as a "limitation". I can clear the notifications by group... I can tap on individual notifications and go back to them because they DON?T clear. What happens when you inadvertently tap the wrong notificiation? Poof! It?s gone and you are SOL. I can tap the correct notification OR accidentally tap the wrong one... then go back to it, and it?s still there. I can clear the group of notifications in one single action. What?s better? (hint: whatever you answer, it?s YOUR opinion, just as what I answer is mine... ) ... so, to restate the obvious, you?re still trying to pass your opinion off as absolute fact...

Perhaps you should go troll the WebOS forums... nobody there will put up much of a fight.

I don't troll. It's common sense. Have you even tried ics or kit kat? U can swipe dismiss any line of notification, even double swipe to detail it, and when u tap any notification, it's gone so that u don't get confused on what you've already read and it remains clean.

Mind you, some iOS notifications like text messages or whatsapp do work the same way as android. Email or other apps that use push like news or tapatalk, Instagram do not go away. So what happens is that u have some apps with the design language and some not. It's a mess! And what happens is that you don't even know what messages you've read or not read! That my friend is a limitation! There's no way around that! Yes, it's a fact! Some apps do not talk to the os like other apps do.

You don't need to defend iOS at all cost! I like iOS for other reasons. In fact, I'm using my iphone for this very message! There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out it's flaws and still being an Apple supporter in other ways.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're trolling right now. There's no reason for us to add all the things iOS does well or BETTER...go look through the forum discussions, we've gone over it...over and over and over and over again. You, however, feel the need to press your opinions as facts and you want to troll the board to get an argument started. You're not pointing out flaws, what you're doing is pointing out your preferences and trying to pass them off as things better for everyone...which is asinine.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I do sometimes wonder what my Moto X would be like if it ran iOS. Then I always remember that I have an iPhone already so I shouldn't be even thinking about it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

You're right. On iOS you can't even clear all notifications at once. You have to try to hit that tiny little X a dozen times, very lame.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You're right. On iOS you can't even clear all notifications at once. You have to try to hit that tiny little X a dozen times, very lame.

It is lame! It isn't the end of the world. But it IS a limitation! I don't understand why these fools get so heated and defend the platform as if their livelihoods depended on it! I have an iphone and I've been very vocal about what it does right! Same with Android! I use Android, iOS, and I've previously used Blackberry! I am loyal to no company and I work for none of them. And there's no one that can honestly say that the notification tray works well with those flaws I mentioned. As well, don't tell me that sending a picture "ONLY" from the app that I have open is the most efficient way send do media. If you want to be delusional, your more then free to be that way! But don't call my assessment laughable and then offer absolutely ZERO insight as to why I am wrong and the limitation doesn't exist.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're surrounded by insight you dolt...the entire freakin' website is a bit pool of insight. You're a troll, so you don't want to look for it...you want it all here so you can keep responding with your pointless drivel.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You're surrounded by insight you dolt...the entire freakin' website is a bit pool of insight. You're a troll, so you don't want to look for it...you want it all here so you can keep responding with your pointless drivel.

and you add absolutely zero insight to this sight. Please depart yourself. You have a bizarre chip on your shoulder that I cannot continue to entertain... over a @#$%ing phone! Good day!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
and you add absolutely zero insight to this sight. Please depart yourself. You have a bizarre chip on your shoulder that I cannot continue to entertain... over a @#$%ing phone! Good day!

So far, reading your "contributions" to this thread, I’ve yet to be entertained.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I sean mo doesn't change, when he doesn't like someones opinion then they must be a troll. I'm starting to think he doesn't know the definition there of.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

They finally fixed that in iOS 7. Hat was pretty ridiculous. Actually, there was another way, but it's complicated.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They finally fixed that in iOS 7. Hat was pretty ridiculous. Actually, there was another way, but it's complicated.

it hasn't been fixed. It groups notification in clusters. And you have to X it out by grouping. Even if you tap to read the notification, it stil won't go away and you end up with a list of read and not read notifications.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I sean mo doesn't change, when he doesn't like someones opinion then they must be a troll. I'm starting to think he doesn't know the definition there of.

Are you saying this about me? I don't mind people's opinions at all, in fact, I welcome them whenever a discussion is at hand...what I can't stand is when people represent their opinion as fact like this nimrod did, and continues to do. He gives a list of opinionated "betters" and then says "Prove me wrong!" How can you prove an opinion wrong? LOL!

At any rate, it's just hilarious that a person comes to an iPhone website, clamors about how such and such is better (again, in his opinion) completely off topic, and some how this isn't trolling?

He'll be gone soon anyways, so it really doesn't matter...just a pesterance really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal