Woz thinks Apple should make Android phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
On the one hand we all know what happened when Apple tried to be like Windows and license Mac OS creating Mac clones.

On the other hand if you stop and think for a second. Put aside the we vs them mentality and you might actually see that what Woz said though he may not have intended it that way would either a) up the game for Android, make more money for Apple, push other Android manufacturers (read Samsung), push iOS and create more choice for consumers or more importantly b) Destroy oter Android manufacturing putting all of the power in Apple's hands.

Apple knows design, they know how to make beautiful hardware. They also know how to make a polished OS that works. So what will customers do when the best choice is a beautifully made iPhone or a beautifully made Apple Android device? This would obviously never happen and there are a ton of realistic reasons why. But in the what if world this would not be a negative for Apple. Why doesn't apple like control of anything being in another company's hands. If the company decides to not update the mission critical component Apple pays. So in an eventual market where only Samsung and Apple are the remaining Android manufacturers Apple could just decided that they have gone far enough with Android and stop manufacturing. All the people used to the design and quality are not going to downgrade to whatever is left they would go to iOS. It's an interesting idea just like magical unicorns and other fairy tales that will never happen.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

I don't think Apple could stand having another company do an operating system other than them. The control factor is simply why Apple would never go down that route.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What Apple needs to do is look at kit kat and start adding all the features they have omitted on iOS for years that has made kit kat superior as far as usability. I have both a 5s and a Moto x. Android just makes more sense. Apple makes more sense hardware wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What Apple needs to do is look at kit kat and start adding all the features they have omitted on iOS for years that has made kit kat superior as far as usability. I have both a 5s and a Moto x. Android just makes more sense. Apple makes more sense hardware wise.

Wow. Did you really spew that out with a straight face? SMH.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I really tried coming up with a respectable reply, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

This is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this website in quite some time.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree, android makes more sense for people who want to tinker. As far as usability, honestly you know my vote bb10. The ecosystem of iOS makes it stand above the others.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I really tried coming up with a respectable reply, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough.

This is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this website in quite some time.

Ok Einsteins. Instead of insulting back. I'll just list them for you.

Android has better keyboard options like swiftkey and swipe option.

Android has a better file system.

Android has widgets that allow u to be more productive, eg: calendar widgets or news.

Android allows Bluetooth file and picture sharing while iOS does not.

Android apps play better with other apps. Eg: from picture gallery, I can send pics to any application in my phone. iOS cannot do that.

Android has a far better notification system. iOS, I find that u can open a notification and it still won't go away from the pull down screen causing u to do double work or reviewing an app notification you already saw previously.

Android has swipe dismiss for each notification line. iOS does not.

Google services play better on android.

Android OS looks more appealing to the end user.

Android has a better system settings menu and it's more customizable if u need to do that..... Or not! It can be as simple as u want or as complex as u want.

So instead of insulting u back, I just listed some of them in 5 minutes. And again, I'm a guy that has both, and still use the iphone as my daily driver! I don't believe in Fanboyism! Fanboyism is what's laughable when you defend a platform that you likely have zero stock in! Smh!

Last edited:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok Einsteins. Instead of insulting back. I'll just list them for you.

Android has better keyboard options like swiftkey and swipe option.

Android has a better file system.

Android has widgets that allow u to be more productive, eg: calendar widgets or news.

Android allows Bluetooth file and picture sharing while iOS does not.

Android apps play better with other apps. Eg: from picture gallery, I can send pics to any application in my phone. iOS cannot do that.

Android has a far better notification system. iOS, I find that u can open a notification and it still won't go away from the pull down screen causing u to do double work or reviewing an app notification you already saw previously.

Android has swipe dismiss for each notification line. iOS does not.

Google services play better on android.

Android OS looks more appealing to the end user.

Android has a better system settings menu and it's more customizable if u need to do that..... Or not! It can be as simple as u want or as complex as u want.

So instead of insulting u back, I just listed some of them in 5 minutes. And again, I'm a guy that has both, and still use the iphone as my daily driver! I don't believe in Fanboyism!

Again, all of that is ridiculous and a majority of it is based upon YOUR opinion.....which the last time I checked, isn't a FACT.

Thanks for trying though. I'll give you a C for effort.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Again, all of that is ridiculous and a majority of it is based upon YOUR opinion.....which the last time I checked, isn't a FACT.

Thanks for trying though. I'll give you a C for effort.

Of course it's ridiculous! The nerve of a guy to point out Apple's flaws! Stwww!

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, continue to point out those flaws.....while sending them on an iPhone.

*sigh*

I use it. I'm not blind. As I said before, I use both Android and iOS. 5s is my daily driver for size and apps and my Lifeproof case. Moto X for google services and to stay linked to the ecosystem. I also have a Nexus 7 because of the bargain price but would probably prefer an iPad retna mini.

I'm just as hard on the Moto X as I am on the iphone. I will continue to use the iphone for the high memory option (64gb), amazing camera, solid apps, and great design with great aftermarket accessories to go with it. As I said before, each platform has it's areas where it shines. As for the os itself, across the board, other than the wealth of the ecosystem, ios is a step behind android in a lot of ways. And there's very little in the software of the os that I can honestly say supersedes android. But with that said, it isn't everything and I believe apple's strategy is to give u all the features in a 2 to 3 year span, just like they did with 3G 4G or even copy paste and multitasking. It is what it is. Nothing will be perfect. And I don't known stock in Apple or android for that matter to be a fanboy of anything!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The sad part is that he took the time to post all of that above, 98% of which was pointless opinionated preferences...and the parts that were not person preferences were either completely inaccurate, or in reference to "widgets", lmfao!

I mean if you feel widgets are just incredible, you are defending the right sandbox! I personally think they are a joke and I'm so glad the iPhone doesn't feature them.

I think you just have an issue understanding the difference between factual information and opinion...you think Android is better than iOS in a lot of ways? That's fine, that's an opinion...I think the opposite, that's my opinion.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I for one do not like widgets on Android (I use a S4 personally) and I must say they definitely drain battery like there's no tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend them and neither would I want iOS to have them. LORD, NO.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The thing I have maintained as a strong opinion till this day is that I would like the separate mobile operating system platforms to keep distinct between themselves in terms of feature sets and selling points. I certainly would think a world full of Android wannabes a terrible place. For one, there wouldn't be the iOSes and Windows Phones of the world to enjoy. They are all in the market for a reason and they all have feature sets that lure the customers they ARE supposed to lure.

This is why a great Cross platform diversity exists. It's good for business.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.