Woz thinks Apple should make Android phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Shift

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Is Woz on drugs or something? Sure Apple's profits come from hardware sales but they're not a hardware company per se. Making Android phones would relegate them to that status and they'd be no different than LG, Samsung, HTC, etc. How would that be good for Apple?

Wozniak: Apple Could Build Droid Phones, Warns of 'Police State'

To be fair, he's not saying replace iOS with android, but also market an Android phone. Personally I don't think it's a great idea, but assuming you'll always be king of the castle and refusing to consider alternatives can be fatal. Ask blackberry.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Don't like the idea at all. All that time and resources spent on making Android phones would be better put to use in improving their own products.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's funny people are analysing this, when it could be a little fart Woz takes before he wakes up in the morning. Taking this way too seriously.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely terrible idea. Android isn't as solid as ios by any means. Apple should stick with ios and forget android. For me, it wouldn't even be a consideration to buy an android phone from Apple just because of the atrocious audio system that android uses. Every single android phone I've used had some sort of hiss while listening to music. No thanks, I'll stick with Core Audio if you don't mind

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely terrible idea. Android isn't as solid as ios by any means. Apple should stick with ios and forget android. For me, it wouldn't even be a consideration to buy an android phone from Apple just because of the atrocious audio system that android uses. Every single android phone I've used had some sort of hiss while listening to music. No thanks, I'll stick with Core Audio if you don't mind

Well I don't have problems with the audio on my Galaxy S4, but I must say basing your judgement on a platform just because of sound quality is a little insubstantial isn't it?

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't have problems with the audio on my Galaxy S4, but I must say basing your judgement on a platform just because of sound quality is a little insubstantial isn't it?

If it was only that then yes. There are tons more little issues that I didn't bother to mention. For me, that was the biggest issue.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People invest way too much time into what this man has to say or what his opinions on things are...personally, I think he's just an attention ***** now that thrives on kicking up dust in the industry to stay relevant.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
By show of hands........... how many other people had the incredibly "nuts" idea to invent the Apple computer?............. That's what I thought. I wouldn't discount anything Woz has to say about technology. That does not mean whatever he says must be right but it does mean that he's had "silly ideas" before and they worked out pretty good for him and us.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
By show of hands........... how many other people had the incredibly "nuts" idea to invent the Apple computer?............. That's what I thought. I wouldn't discount anything Woz has to say about technology. That does not mean whatever he says must be right but it does mean that he's had "silly ideas" before and they worked out pretty good for him and us.

That was a very, very long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have a dual boot iPhone. It has been done before in the aftermarket community. If Apple does it, then they will perfect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

lol...I guess his advice a few years ago about how Apple needed to reinvent itself in order to stay relevant with the modern smart phone competition was real good advice...considering Apple stayed the course and has maintained dominance on the market (especially when comparing them head to head with any singular competitive device). Give me a break...just because a person worked on a product that helped build Apple in the beginning does not mean he's at all relevant to anything intelligent when it comes to what Apple needs to do today.

The guys input on Apple hasn't been relevant for decades.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
But But he's the great and powerful Woz probably has a photo booth with a curtain like in the movie 😏

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Was just reading about Woz' latest interview, and rushed here straight after reading the terribly offensive things he said about the iPhone, and the user base.

To amuse myself, I imagine Steve Jobs making the same assertions 4 years ago, but instead of all the whining and grinding of teeth, everyone is whooping and cheering at the prospect.

:D

BBFunGuy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
You are so right, only one thing they can afford to think about as a company, $$$.

Taking a risk now, such as releasing an innovative product, is for others.

Here is what is nuts.
Had a great idea for a new computer!
Okay...
Is shaped like a cylinder!
Jobs and Wozniack could only dream you would take the company this far.
I know!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
On the one hand we all know what happened when Apple tried to be like Windows and license Mac OS creating Mac clones.

On the other hand if you stop and think for a second. Put aside the we vs them mentality and you might actually see that what Woz said though he may not have intended it that way would either a) up the game for Android, make more money for Apple, push other Android manufacturers (read Samsung), push iOS and create more choice for consumers or more importantly b) Destroy oter Android manufacturing putting all of the power in Apple's hands.

Apple knows design, they know how to make beautiful hardware. They also know how to make a polished OS that works. So what will customers do when the best choice is a beautifully made iPhone or a beautifully made Apple Android device? This would obviously never happen and there are a ton of realistic reasons why. But in the what if world this would not be a negative for Apple. Why doesn't apple like control of anything being in another company's hands. If the company decides to not update the mission critical component Apple pays. So in an eventual market where only Samsung and Apple are the remaining Android manufacturers Apple could just decided that they have gone far enough with Android and stop manufacturing. All the people used to the design and quality are not going to downgrade to whatever is left they would go to iOS. It's an interesting idea just like magical unicorns and other fairy tales that will never happen.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
:no: No Never Nothing droid on iDevice pls :no: feeling really odd unthinkable never imagine worst matching
People are really crazy & Mad (so many are addictive) for i-Device & spending money for iPhone (not for phone) & iOs(Totally User Friendly OS) not for droid on iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox