and you add absolutely zero insight to this sight. Please depart yourself. You have a bizarre chip on your shoulder that I cannot continue to entertain... over a @#$%ing phone! Good day!
    So far, reading your "contributions" to this thread, I’ve yet to be entertained.
    02-11-2014 02:36 PM
    I sean mo doesn't change, when he doesn't like someones opinion then they must be a troll. I'm starting to think he doesn't know the definition there of.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-11-2014 03:21 PM
    You're right. On iOS you can't even clear all notifications at once. You have to try to hit that tiny little X a dozen times, very lame.
    They finally fixed that in iOS 7. Hat was pretty ridiculous. Actually, there was another way, but it's complicated.

02-11-2014 03:23 PM
    So far, reading your "contributions" to this thread, Ive yet to be entertained.
    not here to entertain you
    02-11-2014 03:23 PM
    They finally fixed that in iOS 7. Hat was pretty ridiculous. Actually, there was another way, but it's complicated.

it hasn't been fixed. It groups notification in clusters. And you have to X it out by grouping. Even if you tap to read the notification, it stil won't go away and you end up with a list of read and not read notifications.
    02-11-2014 03:26 PM
    I sean mo doesn't change, when he doesn't like someones opinion then they must be a troll. I'm starting to think he doesn't know the definition there of.

Are you saying this about me? I don't mind people's opinions at all, in fact, I welcome them whenever a discussion is at hand...what I can't stand is when people represent their opinion as fact like this nimrod did, and continues to do. He gives a list of opinionated "betters" and then says "Prove me wrong!" How can you prove an opinion wrong? LOL!

At any rate, it's just hilarious that a person comes to an iPhone website, clamors about how such and such is better (again, in his opinion) completely off topic, and some how this isn't trolling?

He'll be gone soon anyways, so it really doesn't matter...just a pesterance really.
    Les74 and Fausty82 like this.
    02-11-2014 04:24 PM
    I'm still here! In fact as a resident troll I think I've gained blood lust.

02-11-2014 05:17 PM
    I know I'm a day or two behind, but I'm kind of amazed at the lack of respect for Woz. Yeah, it was a ridiculous thing for him to say, but if you step back from the ridiculousness and try to imagine why he might have said it, you might find some truth there. Woz is an engineer, and you can understand why he might kind of like a tinker-friendlier OS like Android. I think his comment was more about what he might personally like to see, which is some really great hardware running Android. It's really a comment on the relatively sad state of hardware on the Android side of the equation. I think he knows that if Apple hardware were in the mix, there wouldn't be as much competition. I don't think he was truly suggesting that Apple should so such a thing, but rather that Apple could do it.
    Speedygi, mumfoau and taz323 like this.
    02-11-2014 07:27 PM
    I'm still here! In fact as a resident troll I think I've gained blood lust.

If you equate "blood lust" to people thinking your posts are absolute drivel, then I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-11-2014 08:31 PM
    I think some impediments to this are:

Brand dilution
    Brand confusion
    Cost
    Patents
    Litigation
    Business model upheaval
    Cross licensing fees
    Creating a problem that doesn't exist today
    Potential antitrust concerns
    Straying from core competences

Now as others have well said here and elsewhere, could Apple study and learn from Android? I'd be surprised if they aren't/haven't been.
    02-11-2014 08:51 PM
    If you equate "blood lust" to people thinking your posts are absolute drivel, then I agree.

Les, this was a conversation between A and B, so C your way out!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-11-2014 10:03 PM
    I know I'm a day or two behind, but I'm kind of amazed at the lack of respect for Woz. Yeah, it was a ridiculous thing for him to say, but if you step back from the ridiculousness and try to imagine why he might have said it, you might find some truth there. Woz is an engineer, and you can understand why he might kind of like a tinker-friendlier OS like Android. I think his comment was more about what he might personally like to see, which is some really great hardware running Android. It's really a comment on the relatively sad state of hardware on the Android side of the equation. I think he knows that if Apple hardware were in the mix, there wouldn't be as much competition. I don't think he was truly suggesting that Apple should so such a thing, but rather that Apple could do it.
    It was actually shown to be a "joke" from him...he said it to get in the spotlight, like he's been doing a lot of for the last few years. Just because a person was useful at one point doesn't mean they should be respected as such forever. Nobody gives two sh*ts what M. Night Shyamalan thinks these days, but a decade ago, what he said was gold in the movie industry.

Someone put it so amazingly perfect on MacRumors..."Waz was."
    02-11-2014 10:28 PM
    It was actually shown to be a "joke" from him...he said it to get in the spotlight, like he's been doing a lot of for the last few years. Just because a person was useful at one point doesn't mean they should be respected as such forever. Nobody gives two sh*ts what M. Night Shyamalan thinks these days, but a decade ago, what he said was gold in the movie industry.

Someone put it so amazingly perfect on MacRumors..."Waz was."
    Certainly he is a has been, but I'm a never was, so I feel he deserves my respect.
    02-11-2014 11:19 PM
    Les, this was a conversation between A and B, so C your way out!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    You have an iPad and that's all you could come up with as a retort?

Lame.

Fausty82 likes this.
    02-12-2014 06:54 AM
    Guys, guys, lets keep things to the topic and not personal attacks or anything of that sort. We all love Apple stuff so let's be civil.

Lets respect that everyone has different opinions about different platforms, and while this is an Apple fan website, there is no need to show any vitriol. Objective discussions.. Lets keep things to that.
    mumfoau likes this.
    02-12-2014 08:47 AM
    Guys, guys, lets keep things to the topic and not personal attacks or anything of that sort. We all love Apple stuff so let's be civil.

Lets respect that everyone has different opinions about different platforms, and while this is an Apple fan website, there is no need to show any vitriol. Objective discussions.. Lets keep things to that.
    Speedy, while your overall sentiment is spot on, one part of your post is grossly inaccurate. Trolls be trollin' and they certainly do not love Apple stuff. It’s contrary to their nature, and they have an overwhelming, nay, compulsive need to troll. I suppose it’s somehow related to their innate inferiority complex, both personally and technologically.

Now, I return you to the topic at hand: Wos waz or Woz is. Discuss.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 02-12-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    02-12-2014 09:53 AM
    Here is a retort for you.

It is rather obvious from most of the replies here that you did not even read the small article in the OP. If you have any time, read it, and see how much of a fool you made of yourselves.
    Care to elaborate? I don't see anything that was missed in the article than what was discussed here. Do you have some other insight into this? Or were you just bored of the BB sinking ship?
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-12-2014 12:49 PM
    This thread has gone beyond the topic in so many ways. Closed. Points were made and I think it's time.
    02-12-2014 05:12 PM
93 ... 234