I have to agree, android makes more sense for people who want to tinker. As far as usability, honestly you know my vote bb10. The ecosystem of iOS makes it stand above the others.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-10-2014 03:53 PM
    I really tried coming up with a respectable reply, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    This is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this website in quite some time.

Ok Einsteins. Instead of insulting back. I'll just list them for you.

Android has better keyboard options like swiftkey and swipe option.

Android has a better file system.

Android has widgets that allow u to be more productive, eg: calendar widgets or news.

Android allows Bluetooth file and picture sharing while iOS does not.

Android apps play better with other apps. Eg: from picture gallery, I can send pics to any application in my phone. iOS cannot do that.

Android has a far better notification system. iOS, I find that u can open a notification and it still won't go away from the pull down screen causing u to do double work or reviewing an app notification you already saw previously.

Android has swipe dismiss for each notification line. iOS does not.

Google services play better on android.

Android OS looks more appealing to the end user.

Android has a better system settings menu and it's more customizable if u need to do that..... Or not! It can be as simple as u want or as complex as u want.

So instead of insulting u back, I just listed some of them in 5 minutes. And again, I'm a guy that has both, and still use the iphone as my daily driver! I don't believe in Fanboyism! Fanboyism is what's laughable when you defend a platform that you likely have zero stock in! Smh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-10-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    02-10-2014 04:50 PM
    Ok Einsteins. Instead of insulting back. I'll just list them for you.

Android has better keyboard options like swiftkey and swipe option.

Android has a better file system.

Android has widgets that allow u to be more productive, eg: calendar widgets or news.

Android allows Bluetooth file and picture sharing while iOS does not.

Android apps play better with other apps. Eg: from picture gallery, I can send pics to any application in my phone. iOS cannot do that.

Android has a far better notification system. iOS, I find that u can open a notification and it still won't go away from the pull down screen causing u to do double work or reviewing an app notification you already saw previously.

Android has swipe dismiss for each notification line. iOS does not.

Google services play better on android.

Android OS looks more appealing to the end user.

Android has a better system settings menu and it's more customizable if u need to do that..... Or not! It can be as simple as u want or as complex as u want.

So instead of insulting u back, I just listed some of them in 5 minutes. And again, I'm a guy that has both, and still use the iphone as my daily driver! I don't believe in Fanboyism!

Again, all of that is ridiculous and a majority of it is based upon YOUR opinion.....which the last time I checked, isn't a FACT.

Thanks for trying though. I'll give you a C for effort.

02-10-2014 05:34 PM
    Again, all of that is ridiculous and a majority of it is based upon YOUR opinion.....which the last time I checked, isn't a FACT.

Thanks for trying though. I'll give you a C for effort.

Of course it's ridiculous! The nerve of a guy to point out Apple's flaws! Stwww!

02-10-2014 05:36 PM
    You poor thing.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-10-2014 06:02 PM
    Of course it's ridiculous! The nerve of a guy to point out Apple's flaws! Stwww!

Yes, continue to point out those flaws.....while sending them on an iPhone.

*sigh*

Fausty82 likes this.
    02-10-2014 06:06 PM
    Yes, continue to point out those flaws.....while sending them on an iPhone.

*sigh*

I use it. I'm not blind. As I said before, I use both Android and iOS. 5s is my daily driver for size and apps and my Lifeproof case. Moto X for google services and to stay linked to the ecosystem. I also have a Nexus 7 because of the bargain price but would probably prefer an iPad retna mini.

I'm just as hard on the Moto X as I am on the iphone. I will continue to use the iphone for the high memory option (64gb), amazing camera, solid apps, and great design with great aftermarket accessories to go with it. As I said before, each platform has it's areas where it shines. As for the os itself, across the board, other than the wealth of the ecosystem, ios is a step behind android in a lot of ways. And there's very little in the software of the os that I can honestly say supersedes android. But with that said, it isn't everything and I believe apple's strategy is to give u all the features in a 2 to 3 year span, just like they did with 3G 4G or even copy paste and multitasking. It is what it is. Nothing will be perfect. And I don't known stock in Apple or android for that matter to be a fanboy of anything!

02-10-2014 06:23 PM
    The sad part is that he took the time to post all of that above, 98% of which was pointless opinionated preferences...and the parts that were not person preferences were either completely inaccurate, or in reference to "widgets", lmfao!

I mean if you feel widgets are just incredible, you are defending the right sandbox! I personally think they are a joke and I'm so glad the iPhone doesn't feature them.

I think you just have an issue understanding the difference between factual information and opinion...you think Android is better than iOS in a lot of ways? That's fine, that's an opinion...I think the opposite, that's my opinion.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-10-2014 06:24 PM
    I for one do not like widgets on Android (I use a S4 personally) and I must say they definitely drain battery like there's no tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend them and neither would I want iOS to have them. LORD, NO.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 07:44 PM
    The thing I have maintained as a strong opinion till this day is that I would like the separate mobile operating system platforms to keep distinct between themselves in terms of feature sets and selling points. I certainly would think a world full of Android wannabes a terrible place. For one, there wouldn't be the iOSes and Windows Phones of the world to enjoy. They are all in the market for a reason and they all have feature sets that lure the customers they ARE supposed to lure.

This is why a great Cross platform diversity exists. It's good for business.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 07:54 PM
    Widgets are only one example. You can disagree with that and that's fine. But one can argue the notification tray problem with iOS. There's no doubt that Android does it better. The line by line dismissal features and the way it all works in the tray is far superior. Picture sharing is no doubt better on Android as you can send to any app you want. In iOS, u have to go to the actual App like whatsapp and go back and look for a picture or video you already had when you were in the gallery the first time. Bluetooth is better on Android since on iOS, you can't even share media. Swiftkey is much better than the iOS keyboard. And Google services are no doubt better if you're a Google user.

There's little doubt that Android is better in those areas. Don't be blindsided by fanboyism!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 08:00 PM
    Widgets are only one example. You can disagree with that and that's fine. But one can argue the notification tray problem with iOS. There's no doubt that Android does it better. The line by line dismissal features and the way it all works in the tray is far superior. Picture sharing is no doubt better on Android as you can send to any app you want. In iOS, u have to go to the actual App like whatsapp and go back and look for a picture or video you already had when you were in the gallery the first time. Bluetooth is better on Android since on iOS, you can't even share media. Swiftkey is much better than the iOS keyboard. And Google services are no doubt better if you're a Google user.

There's little doubt that Android is better in those areas. Don't be blindsided by fanboyism!

Those are all opinions not facts.
    Les74 and Fausty82 like this.
    02-10-2014 08:13 PM
    Sure buddy! iOS is perfect!

02-10-2014 08:13 PM
    This is exactly what I was trying to convey, but you know how people are that try to push their opinion as fact....

02-10-2014 08:35 PM

Hello, pot. Have you met kettle?

There is little doubt by whom? Android fanboys? All you have contributed to this discussion is your opinion. That’s fine - if that’s what you choose to believe, go for it. But don’t confuse your opinion with absolute fact...
    02-10-2014 08:59 PM
    Hello, pot. Have you met kettle?

There is little doubt by whom? Android fanboys? All you have contributed to this discussion is your opinion. Thats fine - if thats what you choose to believe, go for it. But dont confuse your opinion with absolute fact...
    Why don't you add substance to your view? Tell me how streamlined it is on the iphone to touch a notification in the tray and have it still stay there for you to have to clear it later anyway?tell me how this limitation is only an opinion and not fact. Add substance to your argument if you truly believe that what I'm saying is false.

02-10-2014 10:22 PM
    Why don't you add substance to your view? Tell me how streamlined it is on the iphone to touch a notification in the tray and have it still stay there for you to have to clear it later anyway?tell me how this limitation is only an opinion and not fact. Add substance to your argument if you truly believe that what I'm saying is false.

The difference is that I don’t see it as a "limitation". I can clear the notifications by group... I can tap on individual notifications and go back to them because they DON’T clear. What happens when you inadvertently tap the wrong notificiation? Poof! It’s gone and you are SOL. I can tap the correct notification OR accidentally tap the wrong one... then go back to it, and it’s still there. I can clear the group of notifications in one single action. What’s better? (hint: whatever you answer, it’s YOUR opinion, just as what I answer is mine... ) ... so, to restate the obvious, you’re still trying to pass your opinion off as absolute fact...

Perhaps you should go troll the WebOS forums... nobody there will put up much of a fight.
    02-10-2014 10:45 PM
    The difference is that I dont see it as a "limitation". I can clear the notifications by group... I can tap on individual notifications and go back to them because they DONT clear. What happens when you inadvertently tap the wrong notificiation? Poof! Its gone and you are SOL. I can tap the correct notification OR accidentally tap the wrong one... then go back to it, and its still there. I can clear the group of notifications in one single action. Whats better? (hint: whatever you answer, its YOUR opinion, just as what I answer is mine... ) ... so, to restate the obvious, youre still trying to pass your opinion off as absolute fact...

Perhaps you should go troll the WebOS forums... nobody there will put up much of a fight.
    I don't troll. It's common sense. Have you even tried ics or kit kat? U can swipe dismiss any line of notification, even double swipe to detail it, and when u tap any notification, it's gone so that u don't get confused on what you've already read and it remains clean.

Mind you, some iOS notifications like text messages or whatsapp do work the same way as android. Email or other apps that use push like news or tapatalk, Instagram do not go away. So what happens is that u have some apps with the design language and some not. It's a mess! And what happens is that you don't even know what messages you've read or not read! That my friend is a limitation! There's no way around that! Yes, it's a fact! Some apps do not talk to the os like other apps do.

You don't need to defend iOS at all cost! I like iOS for other reasons. In fact, I'm using my iphone for this very message! There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out it's flaws and still being an Apple supporter in other ways.

02-10-2014 11:19 PM
    You're trolling right now. There's no reason for us to add all the things iOS does well or BETTER...go look through the forum discussions, we've gone over it...over and over and over and over again. You, however, feel the need to press your opinions as facts and you want to troll the board to get an argument started. You're not pointing out flaws, what you're doing is pointing out your preferences and trying to pass them off as things better for everyone...which is asinine.
    02-11-2014 01:29 PM
    I do sometimes wonder what my Moto X would be like if it ran iOS. Then I always remember that I have an iPhone already so I shouldn't be even thinking about it.
    02-11-2014 01:35 PM

You're right. On iOS you can't even clear all notifications at once. You have to try to hit that tiny little X a dozen times, very lame.
    02-11-2014 01:37 PM
    You're right. On iOS you can't even clear all notifications at once. You have to try to hit that tiny little X a dozen times, very lame.
    It is lame! It isn't the end of the world. But it IS a limitation! I don't understand why these fools get so heated and defend the platform as if their livelihoods depended on it! I have an iphone and I've been very vocal about what it does right! Same with Android! I use Android, iOS, and I've previously used Blackberry! I am loyal to no company and I work for none of them. And there's no one that can honestly say that the notification tray works well with those flaws I mentioned. As well, don't tell me that sending a picture "ONLY" from the app that I have open is the most efficient way send do media. If you want to be delusional, your more then free to be that way! But don't call my assessment laughable and then offer absolutely ZERO insight as to why I am wrong and the limitation doesn't exist.
    02-11-2014 01:53 PM
    You're surrounded by insight you dolt...the entire freakin' website is a bit pool of insight. You're a troll, so you don't want to look for it...you want it all here so you can keep responding with your pointless drivel.
    02-11-2014 02:11 PM
    You're surrounded by insight you dolt...the entire freakin' website is a bit pool of insight. You're a troll, so you don't want to look for it...you want it all here so you can keep responding with your pointless drivel.
    and you add absolutely zero insight to this sight. Please depart yourself. You have a bizarre chip on your shoulder that I cannot continue to entertain... over a @#$%ing phone! Good day!
    02-11-2014 02:22 PM
    Pitiful.
    Les74 likes this.
    02-11-2014 02:28 PM
93 1234