Absolutely terrible idea. Android isn't as solid as ios by any means. Apple should stick with ios and forget android. For me, it wouldn't even be a consideration to buy an android phone from Apple just because of the atrocious audio system that android uses. Every single android phone I've used had some sort of hiss while listening to music. No thanks, I'll stick with Core Audio if you don't mind

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    Well I don't have problems with the audio on my Galaxy S4, but I must say basing your judgement on a platform just because of sound quality is a little insubstantial isn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    02-06-2014 11:39 PM
    Well I don't have problems with the audio on my Galaxy S4, but I must say basing your judgement on a platform just because of sound quality is a little insubstantial isn't it?

If it was only that then yes. There are tons more little issues that I didn't bother to mention. For me, that was the biggest issue.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    02-07-2014 06:53 AM
    People invest way too much time into what this man has to say or what his opinions on things are...personally, I think he's just an attention ***** now that thrives on kicking up dust in the industry to stay relevant.
    Les74 likes this.
    02-07-2014 08:47 AM
    They call this "Click Farming" ... right ?
    02-07-2014 10:58 AM
    By show of hands........... how many other people had the incredibly "nuts" idea to invent the Apple computer?............. That's what I thought. I wouldn't discount anything Woz has to say about technology. That does not mean whatever he says must be right but it does mean that he's had "silly ideas" before and they worked out pretty good for him and us.
    02-07-2014 11:05 AM
    By show of hands........... how many other people had the incredibly "nuts" idea to invent the Apple computer?............. That's what I thought. I wouldn't discount anything Woz has to say about technology. That does not mean whatever he says must be right but it does mean that he's had "silly ideas" before and they worked out pretty good for him and us.
    That was a very, very long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...
    02-07-2014 11:46 AM
    I would love to have a dual boot iPhone. It has been done before in the aftermarket community. If Apple does it, then they will perfect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-07-2014 12:24 PM
    lol...I guess his advice a few years ago about how Apple needed to reinvent itself in order to stay relevant with the modern smart phone competition was real good advice...considering Apple stayed the course and has maintained dominance on the market (especially when comparing them head to head with any singular competitive device). Give me a break...just because a person worked on a product that helped build Apple in the beginning does not mean he's at all relevant to anything intelligent when it comes to what Apple needs to do today.

The guys input on Apple hasn't been relevant for decades.
    kataran and Les74 like this.
    02-07-2014 02:23 PM
    But But he's the great and powerful Woz probably has a photo booth with a curtain like in the movie 😏

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    02-07-2014 02:58 PM
    Hi. Was just reading about Woz' latest interview, and rushed here straight after reading the terribly offensive things he said about the iPhone, and the user base.

To amuse myself, I imagine Steve Jobs making the same assertions 4 years ago, but instead of all the whining and grinding of teeth, everyone is whooping and cheering at the prospect.

02-08-2014 08:41 AM

The guys input on Apple hasn't been relevant for decades.

This!

Which is, I'm sure, precisely the reason why he has absolutely zero input for Apple......and rightfully so.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    02-08-2014 09:33 AM
    You are so right, only one thing they can afford to think about as a company, $$$.

Taking a risk now, such as releasing an innovative product, is for others.

Here is what is nuts.
    Had a great idea for a new computer!
    Okay...
    Is shaped like a cylinder!
    Jobs and Wozniack could only dream you would take the company this far.
    I know!
    02-08-2014 11:11 AM
    On the one hand we all know what happened when Apple tried to be like Windows and license Mac OS creating Mac clones.

On the other hand if you stop and think for a second. Put aside the we vs them mentality and you might actually see that what Woz said though he may not have intended it that way would either a) up the game for Android, make more money for Apple, push other Android manufacturers (read Samsung), push iOS and create more choice for consumers or more importantly b) Destroy oter Android manufacturing putting all of the power in Apple's hands.

Apple knows design, they know how to make beautiful hardware. They also know how to make a polished OS that works. So what will customers do when the best choice is a beautifully made iPhone or a beautifully made Apple Android device? This would obviously never happen and there are a ton of realistic reasons why. But in the what if world this would not be a negative for Apple. Why doesn't apple like control of anything being in another company's hands. If the company decides to not update the mission critical component Apple pays. So in an eventual market where only Samsung and Apple are the remaining Android manufacturers Apple could just decided that they have gone far enough with Android and stop manufacturing. All the people used to the design and quality are not going to downgrade to whatever is left they would go to iOS. It's an interesting idea just like magical unicorns and other fairy tales that will never happen.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-08-2014 11:58 AM
    That's why Steve Jobs was the BOSS !!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-10-2014 02:16 AM
    No Never Nothing droid on iDevice pls feeling really odd unthinkable never imagine worst matching
    People are really crazy & Mad (so many are addictive) for i-Device & spending money for iPhone (not for phone) & iOs(Totally User Friendly OS) not for droid on iPhone
    02-10-2014 04:41 AM
    lol

I do wish Apple would port iTunes to Android though.
    02-10-2014 04:55 AM
    On the one hand we all know what happened when Apple tried to be like Windows and license Mac OS creating Mac clones.

On the other hand if you stop and think for a second. Put aside the we vs them mentality and you might actually see that what Woz said though he may not have intended it that way would either a) up the game for Android, make more money for Apple, push other Android manufacturers (read Samsung), push iOS and create more choice for consumers or more importantly b) Destroy oter Android manufacturing putting all of the power in Apple's hands.

Apple knows design, they know how to make beautiful hardware. They also know how to make a polished OS that works. So what will customers do when the best choice is a beautifully made iPhone or a beautifully made Apple Android device? This would obviously never happen and there are a ton of realistic reasons why. But in the what if world this would not be a negative for Apple. Why doesn't apple like control of anything being in another company's hands. If the company decides to not update the mission critical component Apple pays. So in an eventual market where only Samsung and Apple are the remaining Android manufacturers Apple could just decided that they have gone far enough with Android and stop manufacturing. All the people used to the design and quality are not going to downgrade to whatever is left they would go to iOS. It's an interesting idea just like magical unicorns and other fairy tales that will never happen.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    I don't think Apple could stand having another company do an operating system other than them. The control factor is simply why Apple would never go down that route.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    02-10-2014 08:47 AM
    This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    02-10-2014 09:12 AM
    Now he says that he was only joking when he made the comment.

Woz: I Only Said Apple Should Make An Android iPhone As A Joke | Cult of Mac

He needs to understand that, while he did some great stuff at Apple back at the beginning, that his 15 minutes of fame are over. He’s trying to hard to hang onto to his fleeting notoriety.
    02-10-2014 09:23 AM
    Now he says that he was only joking when he made the comment.

Woz: I Only Said Apple Should Make An Android iPhone As A Joke | Cult of Mac

He needs to understand that, while he did some great stuff at Apple back at the beginning, that his 15 minutes of fame are over. Hes trying to hard to hang onto to his fleeting notoriety.
    So there you go.

02-10-2014 10:26 AM
    What Apple needs to do is look at kit kat and start adding all the features they have omitted on iOS for years that has made kit kat superior as far as usability. I have both a 5s and a Moto x. Android just makes more sense. Apple makes more sense hardware wise.

02-10-2014 10:56 AM
    But at the end of the day, an android iphone is not a good idea at all.
    02-10-2014 10:56 AM
    What Apple needs to do is look at kit kat and start adding all the features they have omitted on iOS for years that has made kit kat superior as far as usability. I have both a 5s and a Moto x. Android just makes more sense. Apple makes more sense hardware wise.

Wow. Did you really spew that out with a straight face? SMH.
    Les74 likes this.
    02-10-2014 02:45 PM

I really tried coming up with a respectable reply, but I couldn't stop laughing long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-10-2014 03:34 PM

This is one of the most idiotic things I've read on this website in quite some time.
    02-10-2014 03:51 PM
93 1234