Why Back-Pocketing your phone is a bad idea...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This girl who works at CiCis pizza down the road, she puts her 5c in her pants all the time. Her pants are so tight that it's literally bending the iPhone. The screen is coming loose from the backing. It's crazy.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Wild stuff....... I think the moral of the story is "don't take the fragility of your phone for granted". It's easy to forget that you are sticking glass and other relatively fragile materials into a tight spot and that phones do not bend. I carry my phone in my back pocket but I'm always aware of the fact that I have a phone in my back pocket. When I sit, I remove the phone from my pocket. Not very complicated. I'm all for girls wearing tight pants but not really into burned rear ends. Keep those phones out of your tight pockets!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually been carrying my wallet in my front pocket since I was 20 years old when someone tried to lift it in my back pocket in NY city you get use to it just keep it light and it's a lot safer than the rear

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Wallet cases, I think I'm going to get a BookBook or a Pad & Quill case after my Coin comes in.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I've never thought a phone in the back pocket was a good idea. Especially something as thin as an iPhone. I'm always too worried about breaking it. So fall, winter, and early spring my phone goes in my jacket pocket. Late spring, and summer it goes in the front pocket where it stays by itself.

YorkieRay

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why pants have back pockets to begin with. It can't feel good to sit on your wallet or keys and putting your phone in there is stupid.

This post was made by Tiffany

Jeans have always had back pockets.
I have always kept my phones in the front pocket and not with any keys or coins.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Haha I have a hard time with my phone in my front pocket as it is, I can't imagine it in my back pocket, although I think some ladies like it tight like that.

However, that really depends on the type of girl she is. If she's the hip/chic/fashionable type, probably more likely to do this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I put my phone in my back pocket (occasionally); been doing it for years & I've never had an issue.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I put my phone in my back pocket (occasionally); been doing it for years & I've never had an issue.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

This quote sums up my response:
Sometimes you can do something right a thousand times in a row?but then, that thousand-and-first time? - How I Met Your Mother

This post was made by Tiffany

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a lot of iPhones have been catching fire lately. They should not do this, even if someone "sits" on it, even though I would never put a phone in my back pocket, they are fragile enough as it is.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Besides the obvious sitting on it and breaking it, the heat from your body with it being that close can cause condensation on the device.
This also goes for those winter jackets that keep the heat in, be sure not to put your phone inside a shirt pocket, inner jacket pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums Mobile App!

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for enlightening us on this inescapable part of life.

Sent from my Q10 using iMore Forums mobile app

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Besides the obvious sitting on it and breaking it, the heat from your body with it being that close can cause condensation on the device.
This also goes for those winter jackets that keep the heat in, be sure not to put your phone inside a shirt pocket, inner jacket pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums Mobile App!

I wanted to make the obvious point, but in actuality, people aren't silly enough to sit with it in the back pocket. They'd just take it out.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to make the obvious point, but in actuality, people aren't silly enough to sit with it in the back pocket. They'd just take it out.

Not everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2