So I was helping my friend move today and put my iPhone 5S on the top of a 6 foot ladder soviet wouldn't get bashed up in my pocket . There wasn't a table , so it was the only thing I had .

However, my buddy moved the ladder and the phone fell on the pavement .

The phone was in a speck candyshell grip case, and as far as I can tell there's no damage to the outside of the phone. But I don't know about the inside of the phone.

The phone seems to function normaly. It turns on and everything . If there was internal damage from the impact , would I immidetly know it. As in, the phone just wouldn't work?

I don't want to obsessively look at my phones performance for any little hitch and think it was damaged fur to the fall, but us there anyway to ease my mind?
    01-29-2014 04:18 PM
    So the phone was going to be more safe on a 6 foot ladder than your pocket. How?
    There is no guarantee that if there is internal damage that immediately it will show it. Say if you dropped it again that next fall could jar something. Then maybe it won't. It possible your phone is ok. It's possible it's not. Keep your eye on it.
    The only way to ease your mind is not to worry about it.
    01-29-2014 04:25 PM
    There is no way to know with the exception of opening up and looking inside, but I don't recommend it. As long as the device is operating as it should just continue to enjoy it and try not to drop it again.
    01-29-2014 06:54 PM
    So I was helping my friend move today and put my iPhone 5S on the top of a 6 foot ladder soviet wouldn't get bashed up in my pocket . There wasn't a table , so it was the only thing I had .

However, my buddy moved the ladder and the phone fell on the pavement .

The phone was in a speck candyshell grip case, and as far as I can tell there's no damage to the outside of the phone. But I don't know about the inside of the phone.

The phone seems to function normaly. It turns on and everything . If there was internal damage from the impact , would I immidetly know it. As in, the phone just wouldn't work?

I don't want to obsessively look at my phones performance for any little hitch and think it was damaged fur to the fall, but us there anyway to ease my mind?
    You got lucky!!! No damage on the outside & everything seems to be working properly...Lucky You!!!
    01-29-2014 10:02 PM
    If it's working properly and there's no outer damage, you're okay.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-29-2014 10:37 PM
    So the phone was going to be more safe on a 6 foot ladder than your pocket. How?
    There is no guarantee that if there is internal damage that immediately it will show it. Say if you dropped it again that next fall could jar something. Then maybe it won't. It possible your phone is ok. It's possible it's not. Keep your eye on it.
    The only way to ease your mind is not to worry about it.
    It was a ladder off to the side that I didn't think would be used. In hindsight I should have just put it in my back pocket.

But I can't go back in time and now I just want to make sure everything's cool.

Would internal damage effect app performance , like typing speed, lag, etc?
    01-30-2014 12:43 AM
    I guess internal damage could affect those things. If something in the board was jarred? I don't know.

The only experience I've had with idevice damage is my iPad 2 that flew out of my Bass guitar bag side pouch as I was throwing it over my shoulder and the volume rocker got smashed in.

Whatever switch is in there got jarred and prevented the rocker from operating.
    As far as the performance of my iPad2 at that time it was great no lag or anything.

But the lighter and thinner iPhones get along with the internals getting thinner and lighter it's possible they are easier to damage internally.

I think they are much susceptible to cosmetic damage and external damage like a physical button getting smashed in than internal damage from a drop.
    01-30-2014 01:03 AM
    I guess internal damage could affect those things. If something in the board was jarred? I don't know.

The only experience I've had with idevice damage is my iPad 2 that flew out of my Bass guitar bag side pouch as I was throwing it over my shoulder and the volume rocker got smashed in.

Whatever switch is in there got jarred and prevented the rocker from operating.
    As far as the performance of my iPad2 at that time it was great no lag or anything.

But the lighter and thinner iPhones get along with the internals getting thinner and lighter it's possible they are easier to damage internally.

I think they are much susceptible to cosmetic damage and external damage like a physical button getting smashed in than internal damage from a drop.
    Well, I went through and tested normal functions like camera, recording, volume buttons, power button, home button , a opening apps and listening to audio, and everything seems to be working fine. Still don't know about typing because I also had typing issues on the internet using the keyboard. Like , worlds will just pop in as I I type and there's a lag when doing backspacing when typing on, say, this forum. Like , the cursor line will go back, but there will a second delay on when the letters will be deleted occasionally.

But this could be just the web page.
    01-30-2014 02:13 AM
    Typing on the net can be problematic I think depending on the site and I would assume the connection.
    Try typing in a app like Notes.
    01-30-2014 04:04 AM
    Would a trip to my local apple store yield me a little piece of mind? I don't even know what they could even do considering I'm not even sure if anything was damaged. The phone seems to work, so it's not like I can reproduce a issue for them. And since there's no cosmetic damage I can see, they would need to actually pop the thing open and look and see if anything was knocked loose or whatever, and I'm not sure how I could get them to do that considering I can't produce a issue they can see. It's mostly my anxiety driving me nuts thinking something might have been damaged.
    01-30-2014 11:13 AM
    If there are no issues there's nothing the Apple Store can do.
    Over time if a specific issue arises take it in.
    01-30-2014 12:33 PM